Page 188 of 231 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3456
  1. #2806
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Mmmm. I think that Jason as Red Hood doesn't need to be big, he needs to instil fear. You can do that when you're an average sized teenager too, I think, with the proper attitude and pose Same for Bruce, really: you don't need a really big guy, you need a guy who can put fear in the criminals in a rather imposing suit. Tall, if possible, but the rest of the ideal picture can be achieved with body armour.

    Recasting a character just because it doesn't fit the art in a comic is, in my humble opinion, not advised and I think it will be unlikely at this point. People usually only recast in two cases, as far as I've seen: when a minor character gets a bigger role in a story (like being promoted from extra or very supporting to a main role or a co-starring) or when the actor is not available (for whatever reason). Ah, or when they ask for too much, that, too.
    Gotham did it for the last episode so the actress who played cat woman could properly fit the role
    It’s not an issue for the 21 year old actor playing beast boy, becuase his character hasn’t aged in since NTT, but Jason’s transformation into red hood is important, it’s mental it’s physical

  2. #2807
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Worse comes to worst they can always get a bigger stunt double when hes fully suited up than play with how the scenes are shoot to make him look bigger than he actually is when hes not.

  3. #2808
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Gotham did it for the last episode so the actress who played cat woman could properly fit the role
    It’s not an issue for the 21 year old actor playing beast boy, becuase his character hasn’t aged in since NTT, but Jason’s transformation into red hood is important, it’s mental it’s physical
    Ah, iirc, Gotham recasted Poison Ivy in the earlier seasons too, but they came up with a reason for them to do so: they aged her up like 10 years or more for plot reasons (or something. Let's be honest: they wanted a sensual Ivy, not a child. So they magically aged her up and made her "blossom").

    I don't know. Maybe they'll recast, but I don't see them doing that after at least two seasons with the same actor in a very visible role, and when he's going to be out of the picture for a year and half, probably not more than two years. I could see them going for a recast if they have a timeskip of like 5 years, though. But Jason is 19 in the series already, if I'm not mistaken, so I wouldn't expect a lot of changes: it just isn't very realistic.

    I don't know, just my opinion.

    I disagree in that the changes were so physical. It depends on the artist a lot, but Jason wasn't small as Robin in the comics. For a 12-15 years older, he was rather muscular and definitely not short in the old comics, as far as I recall; and in the post-Crisis cont, the next time we saw him, in Under the Hood, almost 5 years had passed (so Jason was an adult already. EDIT: but then he was MASSIVE when he was drawn by Lee. Because that way a villain could be more menacing). He was small in the animated movie though, which is why people tend to think he was a small Robin. And the new comics are drawing him average sized for a Robin (ha ha, Robin sized). The actor we have is not big, but hey, what can we do? It's what we got and he did a fine work for this version of Jason. I can deal with it,he can look very mean and cruel, apparently. They could go that way with his Red Hood.

    Edit: ah, true. They could do that with the stunt actor too, @Arse.

    (I don't know, maybe they would, but I'm going to need them to do the change in the cast the right way for me to not distract me)

    EDIT: so they changed Ivy's actress a third time. Ok, I stand corrected. At least, in Gotham, they seem to recast characters quite a lot.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-31-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  4. #2809
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Good time to bring up that at least in one official source, Jason was underweight and short for his age at his time of death


  5. #2810
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    As a user on Twitter pointed out:





    And since this is the internet, there are already fanarts.

    Jave-chan


  6. #2811
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Jave-chan




    Another fanart by the artist.

    Jave-chan


  7. #2812
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Karl Mostert (@Kamo_1981) (the artist of the RH:O #39 DCeased variant)






    colored version


  8. #2813
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Good time to bring up that at least in one official source, Jason was underweight and short for his age at his time of death
    Batman files is at best semi official ..., and these stats make no sense.

  9. #2814
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Kenneth Rocafort (please follow the link for the video because I have no idea how to embed Twitter videos in a forum post)

    Happy weekend! Here is a small pick of what I am doing right now. Jason Todd aka: RED HOOD. I’m working on my last issue run on Red Hood Outlaw (issue number 39). #mitografia #kennethrocafort #redhood #redhoodandtheoutlaws #jasontodd #robin #batman #dccomics #dcuniverse

    Last edited by Sergard; 09-01-2019 at 01:31 AM.

  10. #2815
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Good time to bring up that at least in one official source, Jason was underweight and short for his age at his time of death

    Huh.
    Ok, I was wrong.
    That's definitely small for a 15yo. He would be even smaller than I was, and I'm (always has beem) short for a woman. I teach kids of 9 years (well, mostly, it's 10y olders. But I had two this summer, for example) who are already taller than me (I'm 4'9). I guess the pit did fixed that.

    Next time I'll try to check my facts beforehand.
    Thanks for the info \o/.

    Edit: I love those fanarts. Especially the ones about the creepy cat. And I don't think one can embe twitter videos, or if it's possible, I couldn't find how either.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-01-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  11. #2816
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    But there are also sources that list him at 5'0'', 5'2'' and 5'4'' (I would go with 5'4'' as the "most official" one, since that is from an actual comic and not some guide book).

    4'6'' would be really small, that around the height Damian is typically drawn, Jason was typically drawn taller then that. In Death in the Family he his he is much closer to what Tim is usually drawn like. And even in the comics it self there was never made a reference about Jason being particularly short (unlike it is done with Tim or Damian).

  12. #2817
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But there are also sources that list him at 5'0'', 5'2'' and 5'4'' (I would go with 5'4'' as the "most official" one, since that is from an actual comic and not some guide book).

    4'6'' would be really small, that around the height Damian is typically drawn, Jason was typically drawn taller then that. In Death in the Family he his he is much closer to what Tim is usually drawn like. And even in the comics it self there was never made a reference about Jason being particularly short (unlike it is done with Tim or Damian).
    Well, it definitely looked like he was around the 5'2 mark for me, or even the 5'4 in some stories (I'm thinking about pre-COIE, circus-Jason looked pretty tall for a kid of his age).
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

    And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  13. #2818
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Worse comes to worst they can always get a bigger stunt double when he’s fully suited up than play with how the scenes are shoot to make him look bigger than he actually is when he’s not.
    Lol so like how Tim is 5’7 some issues and 6’1 at the turn of a page

  14. #2819
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Here this covers most sources for Jason Height as Robin.

    https://flyingnightwingwing.tumblr.com/post/187255913616/how-exactly-tall-is-robinjason


    With exception of the pre crisis s profile.


  15. #2820
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    airair_ii






    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Here this covers most sources for Jason Height as Robin.

    https://flyingnightwingwing.tumblr.com/post/187255913616/how-exactly-tall-is-robinjason


    With exception of the pre crisis s profile.
    The author of the tumblr post isn't the only one that likes the "the shortest becomes the tallest" idea.
    I'm enjoying it too - especially since it breaks with the comic stereotype that the oldest son is the tallest, the second oldest is the second tallest, etc.
    That's not how biology works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •