Page 189 of 285 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4267

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Since we know Lobdell is trying to get the Outlaw League up and running for atleast an arc, I wonder if any of Jason’s new students will end up on the team.

Also, found it kind of interesting that comiXology has issue 36 listed as the last Red Hood: Outlaw title with the 3rd annual, 37 & 38 returning to the RHATO title. Curious to see if Generation Outlaw will be listed as RHATO vol. 5 or RHO vol. 3

Wonder if issues 37 to 4_

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Since we know Lobdell is trying to get the Outlaw League up and running for atleast an arc, I wonder if any of Jason’s new students will end up on the team.

Also, found it kind of interesting that comiXology has issue 36 listed as the last Red Hood: Outlaw title with the 3rd annual, 37 & 38 returning to the RHATO title. Curious to see if Generation Outlaw will be listed as RHATO vol. 5 or RHO vol. 3

Wonder if issues 37 to 4_
    I'm guessing they could try to relaunch this teen team as a stand alone book of some sort at some point, aimed to teenagers or young adults, maybe with some other characters in the same age gap (like Sideways and Jaime's Blue Beetle). Or at least, I would do that, if they work and people like them. They are releasing a bunch of comics aimed to children and pre-teens, but they have few specifically aimed to teens and young adults.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-01-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The author of the tumblr post isn't the only one that likes the "the shortest becomes the tallest" idea.
    I'm enjoying it too - especially since it breaks with the comic stereotype that the oldest son is the tallest, the second oldest is the second tallest, etc.
    That's not how biology works.
    Still 4'6'' at the age of 15 is kind of absurd.

4'6'' is the average height of an nine year old, and average height of a 15 year old is something close to 5'9'', that's more then a feet taller. (apart from that even him being 15 when he died doesn't really fit the timeline ...)

Extraordinary Member

airair_ii

The author of the tumblr post isn't the only one that likes the "the shortest becomes the tallest" idea.
    I'm enjoying it too - especially since it breaks with the comic stereotype that the oldest son is the tallest, the second oldest is the second tallest, etc.
    That's not how biology works.
    Their all adopted that logic has no bearing on this family

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Their all adopted that logic has no bearing on this family
    This has nothing to do with being adopted or not.
    The comic logic goes: You are older/more experienced/in some kind of mentor position, so you are taller.
    The same stereotype prevents any of the Robins to be taller than Bruce. Bruce is the father figure/mentor and higher up in the "hierarchy" of the batfamily. Therefore comic logic says that he has to be the taller person - so that every reader immediately knows the "hierarchy". The same logic gave Dick and Tim a magical growth spurt when they became Batman.

The same is true for a lot of other sidekicks/families.
    Aquaman is taller than Tempest.
    Wonder Woman is taller than Donna Troy.
    Green Arrow is taller than Arsenal.
    Superman is taller than Conner Kent.
    Deathstroke is taller than Jericho.
    Barry and Wally are apparently the same height.
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-01-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Kenneth Rocafort (please follow the link for the video because I have no idea how to embed Twitter videos in a forum post)

Happy weekend! Here is a small pick of what I am doing right now. Jason Todd aka: RED HOOD. I’m working on my last issue run on Red Hood Outlaw (issue number 39). #mitografia #kennethrocafort #redhood #redhoodandtheoutlaws #jasontodd #robin #batman #dccomics #dcuniverse

Thankfully, Kenneth Rocafort also posted the video on Facebook.

I've found this thread in /r/DCcomics and I think it could be a good idea to share it here. If I'm not wrong, we were discussing something similar not too long ago, so it may interest some of you guys as well. It's about the generation of young heroes for Jason, or the lack of one, why something like that happened, what could've been, and what has meant for the character.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...n_generations/

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I've found this thread in /r/DCcomics and I think it could be a good idea to share it here. If I'm not wrong, we were discussing something similar not too long ago, so it may interest some of you guys as well. It's about the generation of young heroes for Jason, or the lack of one, why something like that happened, what could've been, and what has meant for the character.

Interesting read, thanks for the post!

And, while I get the whole wanting Jason to be a loner thing, him NOT having his own generation, so to speak, makes more lonely than "independent".

Some of the people they suggested are interesting. Like Mia Dearden, an Arrow that actually has a lot in common with Jason due to their pasts. And Jason being a big brother to people isn't unheard of, in his own way.

Grace Choi, I simply don't know much about her other than being part Amazon and Thunder's girlfriend. Honestly half tempted to just put Artemis here instead.

Bizarro, well, I honestly wouldn't be against him being around when Jason was Robin. While technically the size of an adult, Biz was only "born" when he came out of the tank. It would be the "big brother is a comedically smaller than the big brother" kind of thing.

Rose Wilson works for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Interesting read, thanks for the post!

And, while I get the whole wanting Jason to be a loner thing, him NOT having his own generation, so to speak, makes more lonely than "independent".

Some of the people they suggested are interesting. Like Mia Dearden, an Arrow that actually has a lot in common with Jason due to their pasts. And Jason being a big brother to people isn't unheard of, in his own way.

Grace Choi, I simply don't know much about her other than being part Amazon and Thunder's girlfriend. Honestly half tempted to just put Artemis here instead.

Bizarro, well, I honestly wouldn't be against him being around when Jason was Robin. While technically the size of an adult, Biz was only "born" when he came out of the tank. It would be the "big brother is a comedically smaller than the big brother" kind of thing.

Rose Wilson works for obvious reasons.
    No problem.

Honestly? Even when I'm not a fan of the "everything is connected" way of working with a shared universe, I don't like that he's bassically isolated from the rest of the main universe because he doesn't have his own generarion of mates. That limits the narrative when you want to connect the story of a certain character to others; and when you borrow characters associated to others (and let's be honest, they do that because those are the ones people know about and who show up in books regularly), then you end with a conflict with certain fanbases like what has happened with Kori and Roy. Jason was just unlucky. At his time DC was adding the new young characters to the New Teen Titans, and Jason wasn't the Robin there because they already had one (Dick). Jason was isolated, almost didn't have a place outside the books with Batman; so every character who would be associated with him would've had to play their role in those books. Or being a one time thing, like Kid Devil.

And then he died, and came back as an adult.

And he had his time as Robin shortened because what COIE meant.

Bad luck, indeed. Fortunately, Bizarro (this version is really, really recent) and Artemis (a character from the 90's that was in Limbo) worked very well.

Now, that being said, I do like a lot the chances that not having a group of associated mates could bring to the table. RHATO could be a book with a clear lead that reintroduces or presents small or forgotten characters, or misfits, or new characters, in a rotating cast that also helps to connect Jason to his universe, making him "the guy who knows people" much like Hawkeye is, for example, in Marvel (by virtue of being a former member or a ton of groups and teams, which potentially makes him good for a mentor and a help in any group with newcommers).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Alot of the charcter suggested there are either part of Dicks (Kyle Rayner, Joey Wilson and probably Jesse Chambers and Jennifer-Lynn Hayden) or Tims Generation (Mia Dearden, Courtney Whitmore).
    And Kara Kent is anyway and odd case do to all the differnt incarnation, but she is usually more connected with the Batgirls then with the Robins.

Btw. Jackson Hyde (the new Aqualad) might be potential candidate for Jasons generation, he seems to fall in the "younger then Dick, older then Tim" age range, and is the son of Black Manta.

I agree with the ones who said Jason doesn't need his own generation.

They can do more harm than good because when they struggle to find a place for them, you get dragged down with them. Just look at Tim and his generation or even Dick with the titans.

Extraordinary Member

This has nothing to do with being adopted or not.
    The comic logic goes: You are older/more experienced/in some kind of mentor position, so you are taller.
    The same stereotype prevents any of the Robins to be taller than Bruce. Bruce is the father figure/mentor and higher up in the "hierarchy" of the batfamily. Therefore comic logic says that he has to be the taller person - so that every reader immediately knows the "hierarchy". The same logic gave Dick and Tim a magical growth spurt when they became Batman.

The same is true for a lot of other sidekicks/families.
    Aquaman is taller than Tempest.
    Wonder Woman is taller than Donna Troy.
    Green Arrow is taller than Arsenal.
    Superman is taller than Conner Kent.
    Deathstroke is taller than Jericho.
    Barry and Wally are apparently the same height.
    They do that in cartoons too it’s called the “ teen are short trope” a child character no matter how old will be shorter then the parents for easy distinction. Look at family guy, for example