Page 195 of 285 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4267
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yep, that's the general gist of the situation. Still, you can see shades of N52's Jason during those few issues where Jason actually grew as character.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while. But from my memory, Countdown was supposed to transfer Jason from the Red Hood identity to the Red Robin identity, basically (as far as his story line goes) it was meant to be a sort of halfway redemption for the character by way of self reflection (seeing different versions of himself and especially different version of Bruce who kills the joker for Jason and gifts him with the Red Robin identity in the first place).

However, for whatever reason, around the last issues, the story for Jason 180'd and he completely reversed and regressed to his UTRH self as soon as everything wrapped up. And right after woulds is when DC started the whole super villain thing with him. I say for whatever reason but honestly the most common reason I hear for this abrupt 'go no where' story arc is that this was about the time that DC needed an identity for Tim whilst Morrison needed Damian as Robin and so the identity of Red Robin became Tims instead.
    Can't forget Morrison's take.
    I generally like Morrison, but with Jason, just so many things I had issues with.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Can't forget Morrison's take.
    I generally like Morrison, but with Jason, just so many things I had issues with.
    Considering that Morrison has used Earth-15 Batman Jason as cheap jump scare in Green Lantern #10, I don't think Morrison's handling of Jason's character has gotten any better through the years.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

That is quite... hmm... I don't know what's the word to put it... the pose...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I miss this AU! And miss Soy as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's Bruce right
    As dietrich mentioned, that's adult Damian but I don't think it's a particular version of him.
    The artist mainly draws Jason and Damian in different settings.

Here are some more fanarts of the artist.

(sorry, images were deleted by artist)
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-25-2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: deleted image links removed

Edit: Sorry, images were deleted by artist
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-25-2019 at 10:49 AM. Reason: deleted image links removed

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while. But from my memory, Countdown was supposed to transfer Jason from the Red Hood identity to the Red Robin identity, basically (as far as his story line goes) it was meant to be a sort of halfway redemption for the character by way of self reflection (seeing different versions of himself and especially different version of Bruce who kills the joker for Jason and gifts him with the Red Robin identity in the first place).

However, for whatever reason, around the last issues, the story for Jason 180'd and he completely reversed and regressed to his UTRH self as soon as everything wrapped up. And right after woulds is when DC started the whole super villain thing with him. I say for whatever reason but honestly the most common reason I hear for this abrupt 'go no where' story arc is that this was about the time that DC needed an identity for Tim whilst Morrison needed Damian as Robin and so the identity of Red Robin became Tims instead.
    Ah, if that's the case, I think the reason is more obvious. If I'm not mistaken, at that time Countdown was the only one that was directed by Didio.

Everything else, 52, the Batman saga and Final Crisis were designed by Morrison. So, of course, Morrison's gonna ignore Countdown. He already has a plan for the expanded Batman world, and here's one story that's inconsistent with his vision. Majority rules, especially the majority written by the same person.

Of course, once New 52 happened, Didio's plan became the majority, and Jason becomes what he wanted, probably really did continue from Countdown.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-10-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And Morrison ultimately acknowledged Countdown anyways.

klamblotblob

Kira(@kirameks)

"I finally got to repurpose this Jason-face I drew last year that I liked, but not enough to refine or render."

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    With such a simple and clean, very very stylised style, and yet he manages to make every one of the boys different enough. Different eyes or different jaws and chins (low head shape), and noses when he draws each one detailed enough. I really like it (because it's very cute* too. Damn, wasn't his Tim catching when I read Red Robin. It probably helps a lot that I love reading manga).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-10-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: blame my clumsy fingers