Page 213 of 285 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4267

Mmmm... I was reading a little about those NYCC comments, and was wondering. Maybe we're going to end with a Jason that was dead for the actual years he was, and only came back when Hush started to be planned as a storyline. Heh, could be fun if they go for an actual honest 1:1 timeline, but with some elements* that alter the chronology and passing of time for main characters that are main (not only heroes and villains).

Something like how some marvel fans came up with the Franklin Richards theory. They sure have a good excuse now, with Doomsday Clock, Manhattan and all that. And with Morrison being around... And characters are aware of it, but subconsciously.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 07:19 PM. Reason: damn you, autocorrect!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Mmmm... I was reading a little about those NYCC comments, and was wondering. Maybe we're going to end with a Jason that was dead for the actual years he was, and only came back when Hush started to be planned as a storyline. Heh, could be fun if they go for an actual honest 1:1 timeline, but with some elementalmente that alter the chronology and passing of time for main characters that are main (not only heroes and villains).

Something like how some marvel fans came up with the Franklin Richards theory. They sure have a good excuse now, with Doomsday Clock, Manhattan and all that. And with Morrison being around...
    Oh. My. Okay. I somehow didn't think of Hush, but in the middle of the Batman timeline, there's one column only filled with one word, and I was like... what the heck is that?!

I just need to confirm... did Hush... happened after No Man's Land but before Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh. My. Okay. I somehow didn't think of Hush, but in the middle of the Batman timeline, there's one column only filled with one word, and I was like... what the heck is that?!

I just need to confirm... did Hush... happened after No Man's Land but before Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin?
    I think so.
    EDIT (on the actual way of writing this post): ha ha! Found a chronology for her https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wiki/Chronology
    She was Robin in 2004, it seems. NML was in the very late 90's (1999).

As far as I recall, the story for Hush was started to be a concept even, I don't know, a year before it was actually released? I think I remember reading something like that somewhere. Hush was released mostly during 2003.

So, yes.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Okay, yeah! Hush's last issue is 2003, Stephanie Robin starts 2004! It fits!
    Honestly, what else a significant Batman event that only has a one really short word? RIP, but that doesn't fit the timeline.

Update timeline!
    Gen 2
    Year 15 Dick Nightwing possibly Jason Robin
    Gen 3
    Year 2 Jason Todd murdered
    Year 4 Tim Drake Robin
    Year 7 No Man's Land
    Year 8 Hush
    Year 9 Stephanie Brown Robin
    Year 11 Infinite Crisis

Okay, yeah! Hush's last issue is 2003, Stephanie Robin starts 2004! It fits!
    Honestly, what else a significant Batman event that only has a one really short word? RIP, but that doesn't fit the timeline.

Update timeline!
    Gen 2
    Year 15 Dick Nightwing possibly Jason Robin
    Gen 3
    Year 2 Jason Todd murdered
    Year 4 Tim Drake Robin
    Year 7 No Man's Land
    Year 8 Hush
    Year 9 Stephanie Brown Robin
    Year 11 Infinite Crisis
    Gen 3 starts with COIE, right? So... Ha ha ha ha. Oh, these are some bold, bold, bold moves. I'll give them that.
    For the record, I think that the picture just next to* Jason's death is for The Killing Joke. So that would be year 3 of Gen 3?

I'm not sure each column is a year though.

Gen 3 starts with COIE, right? So... Ha ha ha ha. Oh, these are some bold, bold, bold moves. I'll give them that.
    For the record, I think that the picture just besides Jason's death is for The Killing Joke. So that would be year 3 of Gen 3?
    Crisis on Infinite Earths is the same as Nightwing debuts. Gen 2 Year 15
    Yes, The Killing Joke is right after A Death in The Family, so yes, Gen 3 Year 3
    Then right after that is Death of Superman and Tim Drake Robin

The title of each gen is Gen number, the name of the generation, then the number of year timeline. Then the columns are G1Y1 until it matches the number of years mentioned in the title.

At first I thought it's volume, but the number match
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Ah, another one.
    Year 10 of Gen 3, just next to Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin. I think the first one says "JASON IS RED HOOD". I can't tell the second and third in that year though. But I think the third one ends with Robin.

(This is where my skills reading very old and damaged documents shine in the digital era )

EDIT (for the thousand time): Year : column, then :3.
    Ah, this is so much fun.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Ah, another one.
    Year 10 of Gen 3, just next to Stephanie Brown is Robin. I think the first one says " JASON IS RED HOOD". I can't tell the second and third in that year though. But I think the third one ends with Robin.

(This is where my skills reading very old and damaged documents shines in the digital era )
    Year 10 as the place where Jason becomes Red Hood makes sense. I just can't make out the word.

Oh. I forgot to mention.

Didio uploaded the clear version of Gen 4 on his Instagram, which starts with Dick as Batman and ends in Year of The Villains.

There's no mention of Jason, Red Hood or Outlaws at all. Starfire is mentioned to be a member of Damian's Teen Titans and Roy as a member of Titans Rebirth. That's it.

Year 10 as the place where Jason becomes Red Hood makes sense. I just can't make out the word.
    I'm pretty sure the first one is what I've typed. Would be surprised if I've got it wrong. I can tell HOOD is the last word, and RED is the second to last. And Jason seems pretty clear too, or at least, the JA part.

Oh. I forgot to mention.

Didio uploaded the clear version of Gen 4 on his Instagram, which starts with Dick as Batman and ends in Year of The Villains.

There's no mention of Jason, Red Hood or Outlaws at all. Starfire is mentioned to be a member of Damian's Teen Titans and Roy as a member of Titans Rebirth. That's it.
    I'll give a peek, then. Maybe I can make something more out.

Yaaaay! The pic for Gen 4 is crystal clear, so I'm back to Gen 3.

Another I can read: Year 14 (final crisis) says just below the black box thing " TIM DEBUTS AS RED ROBIN".

Which makes sense because that costume came to the DCU in countdown. But then, that also means, or could mean, that Tim became RR a whole year before Damian became Robin.

EDIT: Year 12, second input, it says "________ RETURNS AS BATMAN". Or something like that. I cannot for my life think what that one could be. Doesn't look like Bruce.

EDIT 2: and I correct myself, the one below Jason Red Hood in year 10 may be ending with "debuts," not "Robin".

EDIT 3: hahahaha, oh, this is addictive. Gen 3 Year 7, the third input says "HARLEY QUINN DEBUTS".
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Yaaaay! The pic for Gen 4 is crystal clear, so I'm back to Gen 3.

Another I can read: Year 14 (final crisis) says just below the black box thing " TIM DEBUTS AS RED ROBIN".

Which makes sense because that costume came to the DCU in countdown. But then, that also means, or could mean, that Tim became RR a whole year before Damian became Robin.

EDIT: Year 12, second input, it says "________ RETURNS AS BATMAN". Or something like that. I cannot for my life think what that one could be. Doesn't look like Bruce.

EDIT 2: and I correct myself, the one below Jason Red Hood in year 10 may be ending with "debuts," not "Robin".

EDIT 3: hahahaha, oh, this is addictive. Gen 3 Year 7, the third input says "HARLEY QUINN DEBUTS".
    Oh yeah! Now I can see Tim Debuts as Red Robin.

I don't know about the Batman part though. He never actually retired in that period unless you count One Year Later. I'm actually squinting for Batwoman since she debuted right after Infinite Crisis.

Yes. Gen 3 Year 7 are No Man's Land, Cassandra Cain debuts as Batgirl, and Harley Quinn debuts. I doubt myself on the Cass part but all those three events happened at the same time so they fit.

I know right? I've been glaring at this for hours and every time I found something new especially when other people also found a word I didn't recognize and then I connect it to the others!

Oh yeah! Now I can see Tim Debuts as Red Robin.

I don't know about the Batman part though. He never actually retired in that period unless you count One Year Later. I'm actually squinting for Batwoman since she debuted right after Infinite Crisis.

Yes. Gen 3 Year 7 are No Man's Land, Cassandra Cain debuts as Batgirl, and Harley Quinn debuts. I doubt myself on the Cass part but all those three events happened at the same time so they fit.

I know right? I've been glaring at this for hours and every time I found something new especially when other people also found a word I didn't recognize and then I connect it to the others!
    The one about cassandra, it definitely says CASSANDRA in the first word of that part. Another one beats the dust! (I was looking for her, but couldn't find her name until you mentioned it).

I love decoding pictures and messages. It's a bit like solving mysteries and I love that. With old documents is the same too, but most of the time you are on your own and need to go away and come back to them often to look at the parts you couldn't tell with your new finds.

EDIT: Gen 3, Year 5. I may be wrong, but I think it reads " BIRTH OF THE DEMON". Pretty sure about the first two words.

Gen 3 Year 4, the last one may be "BARBARA GORDON DEBUTS AS ORACLE". But I'm not sure at all about that one.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 08:54 PM.

I FOUND ARTEMIS! I think.

Gen 3 Year 5 Wonder Woman row, second phrase. Artemis debuts. After Death of Superman, Before Zero Hour

This follows the 90s era Artemis if true

Gen 3 Year 5 Wonder Woman row, second phrase. Artemis debuts. After Death of Superman, Before Zero Hour

Yeeeeey! I think you're right.
    (I added a new one just when you posted. What do you think about that one?)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That timeline seems to be more like every "Generation" is in fact a new iteration of the DCU, rather than an actual timeline where everything fits neatly in sequence.