Page 246 of 285 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4267
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So happy about them using the classic costume instead of Wood's bootleg ninja.

Reposting for new page

DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #1
    written by Tom Taylor
    art by Karl Mostert and Trevor Scott
    cover by Howard Porter
    card stock variant cover by Francesco Mattina
    The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended?
    Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019’s smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC’s hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead—life!
    3 ISSUES: ON SALE FEBRUARY – APRIL 2020
    $4.99 US (CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $5.99)
    48 PAGES EACH

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I really like that cover with Rose, Jason & Cass. It’s probably my favorite of the bunch though the first teaser one is a close second.

This bit from Newsarama, though

"DCeased creator Tom Taylor is returning to write this series, joined by recent Red Hood: Outlaw artist Karl Mostert."

Did they just spoil Mostert as the new main artist for RHATO?

Has Mostert done any Red Hood: Outlaw interior work yet? I thought it was limited to just variant covers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Has Mostert done any Red Hood: Outlaw interior work yet? I thought it was limited to just variant covers so far.
    Nope! So I'm guessing he will be doing the art for issue 43 at the very least.

Here are some samples of his work

https://www.artstation.com/kamo_1981

https://twitter.com/kamo_1981

With all due respect to him, his work looks like a bargain bin Chris Burnham, not a style I'm particularly fond of.

They keep branding him as a villain...
    I wonder what they think an antihero is, honestly. Or if they think they're the same thing.

Unless the villain part was because of Deathstroke.

Which, nevermind, it must be that. Yeah. I guess I'm just too sick to read properly.

Edit: Mostert art seems fine, but he needs a good colourist. Half the pieces in that page don't look the best they can because their colour isn't very flattering, imho. Remember that DCeased variant cover we had for RHATO: good colours, looked nice. It's not an artstyle I like a lot, but I don't mind either.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-14-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    They keep branding him as a villain...
    I wonder what they think an antihero is, honestly. Or if they think they're the same thing.

Unless the villain part was because of Deathstroke.

Which, nevermind, it must be that. Yeah. I guess I'm just too sick to read properly.
    I know sometimes Jason gets labeled as an antihero, sometimes it has merit. Slade is a villain, so that works. But how is Cass either one of those? She's a straight up hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know sometimes Jason gets labeled as an antihero, sometimes it has merit. Slade is a villain, so that works. But how is Cass either one of those? She's a straight up hero.
    For all we know, Cass only appearance in the series will be that variant cover.

Bendis didn't downplay Jason, at least. I give him that. But, he also wrote his voice pretty generic. Which is better than Damian's and Talia's, but that's not saying much.

That said; no. I don't want Bendis taking over Jason at any point.
    Yeah, hard to believe I'm not going to blame him for murdering another of my faves (yay!). Heck, I can't even say that Event Leviatan is bad, just readable despite being a mystery that could've been solved in just 3 or 4 issues. Now, what has really surprised me in the wrong sense is how much of a lackbuster JY is. It's directionless, the story isn't engaging either, the characters are merely there, he's pushing all the OCs a lot without giving the classic characters much time to hook old readers or people who knew the team previously, and... and it's boring. A YJ book that is boring. I can't believe it. Teens or drama aren't even the weakest points of his work (team books are, though, and epic stories); it's been a big bummer for me.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-14-2019 at 10:25 AM.

She's an antihero by more classic standards, she's kind of byronic, so to speak. Not as much as Jason or even Bruce, but there're some traits in her story. I agree in that she's pretty straight heroic, but people tend to picture what an hero is in comic by the Superman standard,

(Sorry for my double post. I tend to read from new to older and was reading two pages ago when I posted my previous post).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.

I miss them already. 🤭

My Jason Todd/Red Hood collection is currently displayed at SM City Sta. Mesa for the 80th anniversary of Batman! Come visit us! 🦇

#JasonToddPH #RedHoodPH #TheDarkKnightPH #LongLiveTheBat #Batman80th #Batman80Years #EveryDayIsPlayDayAtSM

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The solicit

DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #1
    written by Tom Taylor
    art by Karl Mostert and Trevor Scott
    cover by Howard Porter
    card stock variant cover by Francesco Mattina
    The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended?
    Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019’s smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC’s hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead—life!
    3 ISSUES: ON SALE FEBRUARY – APRIL 2020
    $4.99 US (CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $5.99)
    48 PAGES EACH

And a few covers

Woah!!

So straight up Jasons not just in it, he is THE face of the series, the Leader? Along with Deathstroke?!
    And they're desperately fighting for the remaining living??

It's like Tom Taylor read my mind for what I would absolutely LOVE!
    This concept could not be more perfect.

Wait scratch that, the solicit didn't mention them, but if Rose and Cass are also joining Jason? Then yes, yes this concept could indeed be more perfect

Wow

I need those covers

Better pics

Unkillables #1 Red Hood Portrait Card Stock Variant by Francesco Mattina $5.99

Unkillables #2 Main Cover by Howard Porter $4.99

Unkillables #2 Horror Movie Homage Card Stock Variant by Ben Oliver $5.99

Unkillables #3 Main Cover by Howard Porter $4.99

I’m surprised the main covers for 2 & 3 are out but not 1.