Page 256 of 285 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4267

Said this over in the Controversial Opinion Thread but as much as I love Jason and Artemis, a One Night Stand between Jason Todd and Harley Quinn would be an interesting angle for a Story about the Trauma caused by Joker and I'm surprised it hasnt happened yet
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The more I hear about Three Jokers the more nervous I become. This story could be really good or really bad, that's my feeling.

Jason Fabok

My most controversial batman opinion...has actually become the ending of Batman: Three Jokers... it's going to cause quite the stir and is the gutsiest thing written in Batman in 80 years... #batman #threejokers #2020
    I've been feeling that for a while now.

I almost hope some of this is all talk, just to get more eyes on the book, which of course considering how much the book has dropped off peoples radars thanks to the long wait, it could very well be just the standard promotion for creators.

I really want a good story, with some good characterizations and psychological explorations, which is supposedly what Johns and Fabok are promising, but all this, Jason Todds most definitive tale, or, the gutsiest thing written in 80 years, are pretty damn bold statements, it's made me feel a little iffy.

Makes me wonder though, since honestly the only thing that would fall into the category of gutsy in a Batman book (especially one featuring Joker) would be, A: Killing off Joker, or, B: Having Batman kill off Joker.

Beyond that, I can't really think of much else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait no, I'll throw in an option C: A 'bad ending' option of Bruce and Joker being related by blood, or Jason and Joker related, I don't know, some kind of comic booky nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    On the other hand, the last time a creative bragged about writing something "that would change Batman for generations to come", it ended up being the cheap and nonsensical killing of Alfred. So I take those claims with a truckload of salt.
    That's true, though the only thing that makes me think otherwise, is that fact that the book is already no longer in continuity. I mean, Fabok seemed a bit wishy washy about it, that it sorta was and but that it could be considered not, makes it sound like there IS a pretty controversial decision in the book that DC is already prepared to drop or adopt. I could see it being something similar to Killing Joke or even now Alfreds death, where they'll simply gauge audience reactions after the release and decide from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Said this over in the Controversial Opinion Thread but as much as I love Jason and Artemis, a One Night Stand between Jason Todd and Harley Quinn would be an interesting angle for a Story about the Trauma caused by Joker and I'm surprised it hasnt happened yet
    You know, to a degree, I'm also kinda surprised Jason and Harley haven't interacted more on the subject of the Joker and haven't been given much of a shared trauma story, same goes for Babs, those three are probably his most well known 'victims', but I have to ask, why a One Night Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    You know, to a degree, I'm also kinda surprised Jason and Harley haven't interacted more on the subject of the Joker and haven't been given much of a shared trauma story, same goes for Babs, those three are probably his most well known 'victims', but I have to ask, why a One Night Stand?
    Psychological Impact, the Most Damaged People related to Joker and DC's Refusal to commit to Harley/Ivy- Plus given her relationships with almost everyone at this point from Lobo to Wonder Woman. Plus they both have alot in common, hell Rebirth made it canon she was his therapist too
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-30-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Psychological Impact, the Most Damaged People related to Joker and DC's Refusal to commit to Harley/Ivy- Plus given her relationships with almost everyone at this point from Lobo to Wonder Woman. Plus they both have alot in common, hell Rebirth made it canon she was his therapist too
    And in that same issue, Jason cringed away from Harley as soon as she tried to get close.

Just because the two both suffered at Joker's hands, doesn't mean they're on good terms.

Plus they both have alot in common, hell Rebirth made it canon she was his therapist too
    I really wanted to see those therapy sessions in Arkham, hell since it's canon, I would have loved to see Jasons experience in Arkham, period.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-30-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

While I’m not entirely opposed to the idea of a temporary Jason/Harley thing, I feel it’d require the right writer to pull it off otherwise it’ll end up being a slightly better version of Talia/Jason from Lost Days.

I'd fully support a story where they interacted or where their stories were run in parallel to each other. I can't get behind a one night stand, though. I can't imagine the writers behaving like adults once they had that fun new toy to play with.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Finally got the Batfamily Diorama Red Hood. Good figure, sculpting is fantastic but painting and details are so-so, and is really small (or at least for the scale I'm used to)

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    I can only hope Fabok's trolling or exaggerating. From what I've seen, though, he seems serious.

Anymore, my own interest in a comic invariably plummets once controversy is brought in as a marketing ploy. I was looking forward to this...
    People tend to hype their own work, it's to be expected, because that way their work sell. Also, too, because people tend to see their own projects they're invested in with under the best light and with the better hopes. Those works are like their children, it's understandable \o/.

I'm hoping for a good read and nice art. Expecting something like anything else before (because its quality) is something that I prefer not to do, no matter how much hype it's created. I'm too old to hype about anything anymore :/.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-30-2019 at 10:47 PM.

I'm not a fan of that. Not a fan of just putting people together in a relationship because dramatic impact, Or a one-time thing. It feels... wrong for me somehow. Kind of why I'm not liking Rose Wilson as a pairing either. A little bit because the same reasons that I cannot exactly put into words. Just my opinion, ofc.

Or, well, kind of how Jason and Talia did it, but it was clear it was for the wrong reasons. Even if it's not canon anymore (but even that was a bit like "and this now, why?", to be honest). The thing is, for me, it has to be clear for the reader that it's a wrong move, or a move that's not "good", even if it turns well. Because, somehow, I don't feel it, uhm, believable? Gah, it's hard to find the words. It shouldn't be made looking for causing dramatic impact or because it feels "cool".

It has to feel like a natural outcome, or serve some aim for the developing of the characters. Or for undoing development (or more like developing the characters through "bad" paths: turning them evil, or crazy, or breaking them...).

But a one shot story featuring the two of them just expending time and sharing experiences could be a nice read; see what comes from their interaction.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-30-2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm not a fan of that. Not a fan of just putting people together in a relationship because dramatic impact, Or a one-time thing. It feels... wrong for me somehow. Kind of why I'm not liking Rose Wilson as a pairing either. A little bit because the same reasons that I cannot exactly put into words. Just my opinion, ofc.

Or, well, kind of how Jason and Talia did it, but it was clear it was for the wrong reasons. Even if it's not canon anymore (but even that was a bit like "and this now, why?", to be honest). The thing is, for me, it has to be clear for the reader that it's a wrong move, or a move that's not "good", even if it turns well. Because, somehow, I don't feel it, uhm, believable? Gah, it's hard to find the words. It shouldn't be made looking for causing dramatic impact or because it feels "cool".

It has to feel like a natural outcome, or serve some aim for the developing of the characters. Or for undoing development (or more like developing the characters through "bad" paths: turning them evil, or crazy, or breaking them...).

But a one shot story featuring the two of them just expending time and sharing experiences could be a nice read; see what comes from their interaction.
    I'd almost argue that Jason and Harley have more in common than a lot of DCU Characters, They're both Psychologically Damaged Victims of Joker's Insanity but in different ways- at their core, both have been Broken by Joker. Harley's Insane and Jason isnt exactly what one describes as Stable, It feels more natural than Jason and Talia at least
    Pull List:

Spectacular Member

I'd almost argue that Jason and Harley have more in common than a lot of DCU Characters, They're both Psychologically Damaged Victims of Joker's Insanity but in different ways- at their core, both have been Broken by Joker. Harley's Insane and Jason isnt exactly what one describes as Stable, It feels more natural than Jason and Talia at least
    no jason is a victim, harley was a grown woman who knowingly ran into the arms of a serial killer who was her patient. i don't know why people try to compare Barbra and jason to harley a woman who threw her whole life way to be with a killer

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    no jason is a victim, harley was a grown woman who knowingly ran into the arms of a serial killer who was her patient. i don't know why people try to compare Barbra and jason to harley a woman who threw her whole life way to be with a killer
    As much as I love Jason, in that case the Victim card only goes so far when you become a Mass Murderer too.
    Pull List: