Page 273 of 285 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4267

Yes to the modulator, with an on/off switch (of some sort).

As for Jason and Damian...

Damian is a great character, but its always seemed to be Jason reaching out to team up with him, only to have Damian betray him (somehow) later on. But it seems with Damian's betrayal at the bar, and later on in Leviathan (even with how badly he was written in it), and Bruce not really questioning Damian the second (and beating Jason up in RHATO), Jason isn't coming back into that fold anytime soon. I can seem him working with Kate (again), Tim, Duke, and maybe Dick if he ever turns back to normal. But the Waynes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yes to the modulator, with an on/off switch (of some sort).

As for Jason and Damian...

Damian is a great character, but its always seemed to be Jason reaching out to team up with him, only to have Damian betray him (somehow) later on. But it seems with Damian's betrayal at the bar, and later on in Leviathan (even with how badly he was written in it), and Bruce not really questioning Damian the second (and beating Jason up in RHATO), Jason isn't coming back into that fold anytime soon. I can seem him working with Kate (again), Tim, Duke, and maybe Dick if he ever turns back to normal. But the Waynes...
    It might take some time, I hope eventually there will be a writer who will take the time to flesh the relations out into something more positive.
    Also I wonder if Jason and Bruces strained relationship will be addressed in some way by Bendis in his upcoming Leviathan sequels. He did make claims that the situation of what occurred in 'Event Leviathan' would affect Jason in some way. Surely the false accusation will be a topic of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It might take some time, I hope eventually there will be a writer who will take the time to flesh the relations out into something more positive.
    Also I wonder if Jason and Bruces strained relationship will be addressed in some way by Bendis in his upcoming Leviathan sequels. He did make claims that the situation of what occurred in 'Event Leviathan' would affect Jason in some way. Surely the false accusation will be a topic of interest.
    Bendis didn't even touch on his own character conflicts (like why Jor-El was suddenly back, and Lois and Jon felt it was okay to go with him, and now Jor-El died back on Krypton, no questions answered). And honestly, I don't want Bendis touching anymore characters I like. He ruined the Super books for me.

The best I can say for his Jason portrayal, was he wasn't mugged, but characterization was bland at best (and raised so many questions of WHY Jason was there anyway).

Bendis didn't even touch on his own character conflicts (like why Jor-El was suddenly back, and Lois and Jon felt it was okay to go with him, and now Jor-El died back on Krypton, no questions answered). And honestly, I don't want Bendis touching anymore characters I like. He ruined the Super books for me.

The best I can say for his Jason portrayal, was he wasn't mugged, but characterization was bland at best (and raised so many questions of WHY Jason was there anyway).
    That's fair but, I admit though I liked the characterization and dialogue from Jason. I enjoyed the conversation between him and Bruce leading up to the reveal that he was under suspicion as well the conversation between him and Lois, and I'm gonna be controversial here, but it felt pretty IC to me. I didn't realize just how much I had really wanted Jason and Lois to interact up until that point.

I haven't read Super comics for myself so I'll take your word on that.
    But regardless, he most likely will be writing for Jason again soon, to some degree. Like always, hope for the best.

'You had mentioned Batgirl, and there was Jason Todd. So are we going to revisit them in Leviathan Dawn?

Yes, 100%. This hit everybody on different levels. Some it hit very personally, some it hit thematically, like, Leviathan was against their principals on every level that something has to be done and a lot of people feel like Leviathan happened on their watch, like, "We're supposed to be watching for this and it literally happened right from under us."'

link
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-15-2019 at 10:56 AM.

m_alesg

The hero families getting spooked!....and who can forget the Batfamily?

That's fair but, I admit though I liked the characterization and dialogue from Jason. I enjoyed the conversation between him and Bruce leading up to the reveal that he was under suspicion as well the conversation between him and Lois, and I'm gonna be controversial here, but to me it felt pretty IC to me. I didn't realize just how much I had really wanted Jason and Lois to interact up until that point.

I haven't read Super comics for myself so I'll take your word on that.
    But regardless, he most likely will be writing for Jason again soon, to some degree. Like always, hope for the best.

'You had mentioned Batgirl, and there was Jason Todd. So are we going to revisit them in Leviathan Dawn?

Yes, 100%. This hit everybody on different levels. Some it hit very personally, some it hit thematically, like, Leviathan was against their principals on every level that something has to be done and a lot of people feel like Leviathan happened on their watch, like, "We're supposed to be watching for this and it literally happened right from under us."'

link
    Problem was, Jason was in Gotham at the time, working on the Iceberg Lounge and had a particularly cold confrontation with Bruce (as Batman) when he broke in. And this was also after his and Damian's fight at the bar. So Jason being rather neutral at the time made very little sense.

And honestly, I'd rather just ignore Bendis' "continuity" the way he does other peoples'.

Over the years, I've learnt to distrust most of Bendis' promotional statements about what he's going to spwrite and show in his upcoming works. I count for it to be maybe just a little more than a footnote in his epilogue.

Edit: he felt in character, just, as usual, Bendis wasn't building his story with the current events and situation in other writers' books. He does that a lot.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-15-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Problem was, Jason was in Gotham at the time, working on the Iceberg Lounge and had a particularly cold confrontation with Bruce (as Batman) when he broke in. And this was also after his and Damian's fight at the bar. So Jason being rather neutral at the time made very little sense.

And honestly, I'd rather just ignore Bendis' "continuity" the way he does other peoples'.
    Again fair judgement, continuity has been crap for a while now in comics, but in Leviathan, I kinda took it as Jason willing to set their differences aside for Barbaras sake since she was MIA, and to me, Jason willing to let their hostilities go for the sake of Babs felt true to character. He has always valued 'people before the mission'. I know it was right after the Iceberg Lounge threat, which makes the interaction feel off, yes, BUT to be fair, that sort of thing of 'setting aside their differences' also happened in rhato like, two issues after the infamous beatdown, when Bruce came to tell Jason about Roy's death and pass his condolences. Which I would argue was even worse. Not to say one lapse of continuity justifies another, but I guess it's more so just the reason why I personally don't view the Leviathan one with that much annoyance, although I completely understand why others do.

Again fair judgement, continuity has been crap for a while now in comics, but in Leviathan, I kinda took it as Jason willing to set their differences aside for Barbaras sake since she was MIA, and to me, Jason willing to let their hostilities go for the sake of Babs felt true to character. He has always valued 'people before the mission'. I know it was right after the Iceberg Lounge threat, which makes the interaction feel off, yes, BUT to be fair, that sort of thing of 'setting aside their differences' also happened in rhato like, two issues after the infamous beatdown, when Bruce came to tell Jason about Roy's death and pass his condolences. Which I would argue was even worse. Not to say one lapse of continuity justifies another, but I guess it's more so just the reason why I personally don't view the Leviathan one with that much annoyance, although I completely understand why others do.
    Ah, Barbara, right. That's a good point. He would set* all aside for her sake.

Edit: well, both are fair points, actually. The diner issue in RHATO was a bit like whiplash.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-15-2019 at 10:39 AM.

I mean Jason would be considered a anti hero still? I mean he does things for money but still had his morals

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean Jason would be considered a anti hero still? I mean he does things for money but still had his morals
    Yeah. Pure Classic Hero does things selflessly. Heroes who do good with a "but" in it are anti-heroes.

Actually, right now he's more of anti-villain. Okay, he'll train Lex Luthor's next generation of villains, but he does it because they will be worse off with the other villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Over the years, I've learnt to distrust most of Bendis' promotional statements about what he's going to spwrite and show in his upcoming works. I count for it to be maybe just a little more than a footnote in his epilogue.

Edit: he felt in character, just, as usual, Bendis wasn't building his story with the current events and situation in other writers' books. He does that a lot.
    That's a shame to hear, ah well, my expectations aren't that high anyway. But in regards to Jason, Bendis surprised me last time, so who knows.

And hey, it's a low bar but I'll gladly take just 'in character' Jason as opposed to portrayals like King's Jason.

Well Jason is usually considered an anti-hero, that seems to be the label most attributed to him, even by DC themselves he is promoted that way.

But his morality can seem to flit back and forth between the lines of hero and villain or more so, anti-villain, especially depending on the context of the situations he is in.

But if you're looking for a general description, anti-hero is the popular and all round accepted choice.

Overall should he be turned more into a villians or hero? I don't mind him being netural. A more edgy hero

Overall should he be turned more into a villians or hero? I don't mind him being netural. A more edgy hero
    He walks a line. Neutral it is.