Page 24 of 295 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

The creators on this book thought it would be a good idea to take hobo Ric and have him run around with filth on his face. Cause what’s cooler then a filthy hobo with rope. Honestly everyone involved on this direction have been terrible. From the writers bad regurgitated ideas, to the artists lame tone deaf designs.

Mooneyham was never a good fit on this book. Even for Percy’s run, which was about modern technology, his gritty style didn’t capture the tones or themes at all. It made Bludhaven and the Dark Web look dated and ugly. The annual made it especially apparent. Even now though. They have girls comment how pretty Ric is, except the art has him looking like a ghoul most the time. It’s so off the mark.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-20-2019 at 03:52 AM.

This is honestly hilarious. People got paid to do this. This was probably someone's first introduction to comics.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm glad that Moore bolted though, the direction doesn't deserve him.

Mooneyham as a Dick Grayson artist I don't get at all. It just doesn't have a good vibe for a youthful character. DC could have at least gotten some former Jason artist's for this run.

After watching YJ3’s resent episodes I like how they portray Dick’s connection to all DC heroes and how a lot of them would actually help if he asks. Something that we lost in comics for good I feel.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bleeding Cool reported Titans #36 solicitation is the final issue and speculated with both Titans and Young Justice on air they will relaunch with a new creative team and direction immediately
    I see Nightwing #59 got Dan Jurgens. He's a big name.
    So if they're... I wanna say smart, but if they're smart they wouldn't have done this in the first place... they'll relaunch both Nightwing and Titans to follow the success of Titans and Young Justice the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Theres a black Nightwing now? Whats going on in this picture?
    There's a lot of Nightwings now.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    After watching YJ3’s resent episodes I like how they portray Dick’s connection to all DC heroes and how a lot of them would actually help if he asks. Something that we lost in comics for good I feel.
    I don't think it's gone for good but it's definitely gone for maybe another decade or so.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    4chan leaked all the april solicits.
    Lobdell is off, enter Dan Jurgens.

As someone pointed out in the 4chan boards.

Writers this book has had since Seeley left in Dec 2017.
    >Tim Seeley
    >Sam Humphries
    > Jackson Lanzing
    >Collin Kelly
    >Michael Moreci
    >Benjamin Percy
    >Scott Lobdell
    > Fabian Nicieza
    >Eric Esquivel (fired before his issues released)
    >Dan Jurgens

What a mess.

Why is this still going? Does that mean the Nighwing in Tec 1000 is going to be Ric because that's messed up

No, it’s gonna be that random cop guy. He’s head Nightwing now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This is honestly hilarious. People got paid to do this. This was probably someone's first introduction to comics.
    If this was someone’s first comic, then it would also be their last comic.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Yup... I was just reminiscing yesterday about Dick's position on the Team. When he was leader, Cassie used to call him "Boss" and it was cute. Reminded me of his relationship with Kara in the comics before Flashpoint. It's just really nice to be following a version of Dick who has his act together and is as popular in-universe as he is out of it. Every hero knows Dick, and some of the biggest villains too as of Episode 9 of Outsiders, in spite of Dick trying to keep the existence of Nightwing hidden from the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm glad that Moore bolted though, the direction doesn't deserve him.

Mooneyham as a Dick Grayson artist I don't get at all. It just doesn't have a good vibe for a youthful character. DC could have at least gotten some former Jason artist's for this run.
    I'm pretty sure Moore said he's back for #56 and that he wants to keep drawing Dick. Hopefully he'll be on an issue where Dick is really Dick.

And about Mooneyham, he got tons of praise at the start of Percy's run. It was odd to me since I didn't like the direction of the book, but tons of comic readers and critics were heaping it on. I noticed it was the more general readers or fans who weren't hardcore Nightwing readers that were liking it, tho. Fans like us were not into it from the get-go, iirc.

Oh, joy. Can’t wait for Moore’s 5 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yup... I was just reminiscing yesterday about Dick's position on the Team. When he was leader, Cassie used to call him "Boss" and it was cute. Reminded me of his relationship with Kara in the comics before Flashpoint. It's just really nice to be following a version of Dick who has his act together and is as popular in-universe as he is out of it. Every hero knows Dick, and some of the biggest villains too as of Episode 9 of Outsiders, in spite of Dick trying to keep the existence of Nightwing hidden from the public.
    I kinda want to know what happened in those 5 years that made everyone aware who is Dick Grayson. Considering in first two seasons he used to hide his identity even from his teammates.

Also, it’s nice to see that both Titans and YJ3 doing something interesting with him. At least it shows that problem was never in character, but in writers and DC’s management; they never took a time and interest in developing him and his world. Which is shame, when you look how popular he is.
    DC always for some reasons shy away from pushing forward their fan favorite characters unless they belong to 1st generation or named Harley Quinn.

Given YJ Dick, he probably dated too many of the girls to viably keep his cover.

Dick and Kory by Gabriel Picolo
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0vxpvB21I/