Page 170 of 295 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I will admit, Brenton is about how I would imagine Dick in real life.

The overly violent tendencies of the show though, that's a little different.
    Haven't watched the show yet. I'll wait for YJ to finish, get a month's sub, and binge stuff then. But is the violence in Titans really overt, or just what vigilantism would actually look like if people really did dress up in costumes and punch criminals into submission?

I mean, in the real world, that's a level of violence you don't (usually) even get in the military.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Haven't watched the show yet. I'll wait for YJ to finish, get a month's sub, and binge stuff then. But is the violence in Titans really overt, or just what vigilantism would actually look like if people really did dress up in costumes and punch criminals into submission?

I mean, in the real world, that's a level of violence you don't (usually) even get in the military.
    It's really extreme, stabbing guys in the balls, dragging faces across glass. Really unnecessary stuff. I love stuff like Oldboy, the Raid, John Wick but there is a reason the violence fits those movies but doesn't work here. You can easily do the same idea without it being so in your face about it, the dark and edgy feels so laughably fan filmy.

Sound effects like bone breaking on hits, snapping arms without having a bunch of blood spurt out when it happens conveys the same message as with what Titans was "trying" to do. Like the fight scenes don't feel like a hero trying to subdue a bunch of henchmen or villains but an R rated action star trying to take out as many people as possible without any regard for them, himself or what he's doing. Like he's just there to hurt people and that's about it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Is anyone else more interested in Titans S2 than YJ? Titans Dick felt more like TNBA Dick and I would love to see more of that. Plus live action Nightwing!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Is anyone else more interested in Titans S2 than YJ? Titans Dick felt more like TNBA Dick and I would love to see more of that. Plus live action Nightwing!
    I'm more excited about Garth, Donna and Hawk & Dove than I am of Dick in Titans.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's really extreme, stabbing guys in the balls, dragging faces across glass. Really unnecessary stuff. I love stuff like Oldboy, the Raid, John Wick but there is a reason the violence fits those movies but doesn't work here. You can easily do the same idea without it being so in your face about it, the dark and edgy feels so laughably fan filmy.

Sound effects like bone breaking on hits, snapping arms without having a bunch of blood spurt out when it happens conveys the same message as with what Titans was "trying" to do. Like the fight scenes don't feel like a hero trying to subdue a bunch of henchmen or villains but an R rated action star trying to take out as many people as possible without any regard for them, himself or what he's doing. Like he's just there to hurt people and that's about it.
    Ah, I got ya.

I'll be giving the show a chance when I do eventually get the DCU sub but I haven't been terribly impressed with what little I've seen. Admittedly, that's just the trailers which even the show's fans say are awful. Still, it's Dick, so I'll give it a shot. I'm mostly just there for YJ because my kids and I watched the first two seasons.....though I think my daughter is gonna have to miss this latest one, if it's as bloody as I've heard and the few YouTube clips I've seen are any indication.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ah, I got ya.

I'll be giving the show a chance when I do eventually get the DCU sub but I haven't been terribly impressed with what little I've seen. Admittedly, that's just the trailers which even the show's fans say are awful. Still, it's Dick, so I'll give it a shot. I'm mostly just there for YJ because my kids and I watched the first two seasons.....though I think my daughter is gonna have to miss this latest one, if it's as bloody as I've heard and the few YouTube clips I've seen are any indication.
    Hey it’s more raw violence no more panning away no profanity or sex. Everything on SCU is suppose to be for a mature audience

Errrr... is it me or did "Ric the Cabbie" need to be lectured on metahumans by one of the wanna-be Nightwings in that last issue (I only skim and scanned it)?.. Sgh...

The wanna be Nightwings lecture Ric about everything. But that’s what heroes tend do with their sidekicks.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-23-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Hey it’s more raw violence no more panning away no profanity or sex. Everything on SCU is suppose to be for a mature audience
    There's nothing wrong with being mature, the problem is it's poor execution. Also "everything" on DCU is for a mature audience? I'm sure Stargirl is totally aimed towards that.

There's nothing wrong with being mature, the problem is it's poor execution. Also "everything" on DCU is for a mature audience? I'm sure Stargirl is totally aimed towards that.
    I think Stargirl will probably be aimed at the same audience as, say, Flash and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Stargirl will probably be aimed at the same audience as, say, Flash and Supergirl.
    Of course, I wouldn't necessarily call that a mature audience though.

44 seconds; brotherly bonding.

Incredible Member

Pre-ordered Titans S1 for bluray. It's coming out in a few weeks so I'm hyped about that.

Extraordinary Member

Does I am expecting the the drama of CW show combined with the action of Titans

Extraordinary Member

I'm more excited about Garth, Donna and Hawk & Dove than I am of Dick in Titans.
    I still need wally and Roy
    the fab five will be complete