Page 169 of 295 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They can't unless they are making money off of it which they weren't.
    Warner ain’t Disney but if it’s their property they can do anything that they feels threatened their works integrity however they interpret it so

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I wish they did a season 2 of the web series
    The Actor has a short Guest Appearence (starting around 17:45) as Dick in the final episode of Season 2 of the Red Hood Fan series. And might have a bigger role if they do a 3rd season.

You know if Ric is always having to save the Nightwings why is he not doing this himself. He's still a crime fighter only he's reduced himself to sidekick to a bunch of people who are less skilled than him. That's just daft.

Stop being Daft. Those years as Robin and nightwing are meaningless then what the hell are you doing being a sidekick to a bunch of amateur crime fighters?

Incredible Member

Every issue is like a filler episode of arrow/flash from the CW

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You know if Ric is always having to save the Nightwings why is he not doing this himself. He's still a crime fighter only he's reduced himself to sidekick to a bunch of people who are less skilled than him. That's just daft.

Stop being Daft. Those years as Robin and nightwing are meaningless then what the hell are you doing being a sidekick to a bunch of amateur crime fighters?
    He doesn’t want to commit to it. Just like he won’t commit to a job or apartment. That poor new girl is gonna have to die to break ric......

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Doesn’t the Nightwings thing stem from writers thinking Dick can’t work alone (as a character) and would always need someone to bounce off of. I could’ve sworn James Ty said it in a tweet or interview. But it actually makes zero sense with how much character and the many traits he has, arguably the most out of all the Batfamily members.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Myyst View Post
    Doesn’t the Nightwings thing stem from writers thinking Dick can’t work alone (as a character) and would always need someone to bounce off of. I could’ve sworn James Ty said it in a tweet or interview. But it actually makes zero sense with how much character and the many traits he has, arguably the most out of all the Batfamily members.
    Tynion actually said “Dick works as a support character”, not even “bounce from others”. What a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Except in those CW filler episodes, Barry doesn't suddenly go by the name Harry and lament ever being Flash...and Oliver doesn't stop bathing and forget Felicity.

Warner ain’t Disney but if it’s their property they can do anything that they feels threatened their works integrity however they interpret it so
    Actually, I believe they can't. They could try to bring legal action but if the product isn't being sold to consumers and isn't claiming to own the IP's, there isn't a lot WB or DC could do, legally.

Free fan-made products like those web series aren't like, say, Family Guy having Mickey Mouse show up for a cameo without getting Disney's "okay." The web series don't generate any revenue (as far as Im aware?) while Family Guy does, and are basically nothing more than elaborate fan fiction. Now, my wife is the law student so I *could* be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure WB would have no grounds to do anything.

They could try to intimidate the show creators and scare them into abandoning their project, but legally? Nothing WB could actually do about it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Even the worse CW filler episodes are better than this.

I know they CAN but they won't. Nothing happened with the first season and this hypothetical season would seem fine to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Brenton Was just nominated, for a teen choice awards,
    If I see something that can benefit the character Dick Grayson or Nightwing i like to post it here
    i dont think many of us are teens me included, but votes for him help the show and the character

Choice Action TV Actor
    Ben McKenzie, Gotham
    Brandon Routh, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
    Brenton Thwaites, Titans
    Grant Gustin, The Flash
    Lucas Till, MacGyver
    Stephen Amell, Arrow

I will admit, Brenton is about how I would imagine Dick in real life.

The overly violent tendencies of the show though, that's a little different.

The thing about violence is that it isn't easy. I'm not sure about you guys, but it's tremendously difficult for me to hurt another person, especially physically. But once you do, it can also be difficult to stop, at least in my experience. As far as I'm concerned, the idea that even good people like Dick can lose themselves to violence is pretty consistent with reality. It's not just a "pow" sound effect being thrown up when you hit someone, you're actively hurting another living thing. For characters like Dick who are constantly finding themselves up against the worst society has to offer, what's difficult can start to become easy. That's how I look at the excessive violence on the show. It's like a proper examination of what it means to be as capable and dangerous as they are in the comics, imo.

Anyways, DC Comics is still going through a lot of shifts, and the newest one is the shut down of Vertigo (arguably, it's being absorbed by Black Label) and the renaming of DC Zoom and Ink to DC Kids and just DC. The important thing here is that the Dick Grayson graphic novel as part of DC Ink, is now a general or "true" DC book, which might benefit it in the long run (advertising it as an important DC book and not just their DC Ink imprint might increase demand, however small that difference is). These books are the future of comics as more and more buyers are found away from the direct market, but at bookstores and all that. Which is why it's great to see it reflected as a proper DC book going forward. Not much else to say beyond that, but at least there is some sort of future for Dick Grayson at DC that hasn't been tainted yet.

Extraordinary Member

I just read the last "Ric"-Arc.

I find it kind of inconsistent how they handle the amnesia thing. On the one side they are telling that he is just relying on his muscle memory, but when you look on his sparring against "Nightwing Red" it seems like he has most of his combat experience back.

And sofar he still succeeds easily at everything, the amnesia seems not really to effect his skills, and it is never really shown that the other Nightwings (who are all more or less experienced Policeman) can for example do something he can't anymore.