Page 252 of 295 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It really was nothing like Superior Spider-man. That had actual thought and care put into it. This story was very lazily put together and had a bunch of forced retcons that made no sense. Ric and his entire supporting cast are still worthless and frustrating. Moore's art was good as always, but outside of that I really don't get why this Annual is getting praise.
    Cause the bar is so low in regards to Ric, anything that is even sort of coherent is an improvement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It really was nothing like Superior Spider-man. That had actual thought and care put into it. This story was very lazily put together and had a bunch of forced retcons that made no sense. Ric and his entire supporting cast are still worthless and frustrating. Moore's art was good as always, but outside of that I really don't get why this Annual is getting praise.
    I wanted to know how the members of the batfamily reacted to Dick not remembering and we got that. Especially Damian was written and drawn well. His words were angry but the art made it obvious that he was desperate and just wants his brother back. This should have come out months ago though.
    After over a year of repetetive and boring storytelling the bar is so low that even small improvements, like including the batfamily, get praise.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    No, It doesn't make sense, cause Damian was the first to say that Dick's parents were gunned down.
    Crap. I had my fingers crossed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I wanted to know how the members of the batfamily reacted to Dick not remembering and we got that. Especially Damian was written and drawn well. His words were angry but the art made it obvious that he was desperate and just wants his brother back. This should have come out months ago though.
    After over a year of repetetive and boring storytelling the bar is so low that even small improvements, like including the batfamily, get praise.
    I've seen some of the scans and I've been really tempted to buy this issue, but all the scans I seen dealt with the aftermath of the shooting. Is there any explanation as to why the family is letting him squat in innocent people's houses? Or fighting crime while brain damaged?

Or being a sidekick when he said he no longer wanted to be a hero?

The Annual was far from perfect and it came too late but man still made me feel warm inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Crap. I had my fingers crossed for that.

I've seen some of the scans and I've been really tempted to buy this issue, but all the scans I seen dealt with the aftermath of the shooting. Is there any explanation as to why the family is letting him squat in innocent people's houses? Or fighting crime while brain damaged?
    None. Just that Ric ran away crying over how mean Batman is (which holy crap Jurgan’s Bruce is a moron). Best guess, they don’t want that bitch after that embarrassing display.

Those tenders moments are just hollow pandering, that like most of the issue just fall apart next to the Ric run. If Ric was so important to them, then where the F have they been. Same goes for the Court. If Jurgan’s had any sense he’d reveal Bea as a Court plant to try and make sense of that, but he won’t even have the deadly assassin that supposedly is Cobb kill anyone so that probably won’t happen.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-01-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Did they at least explain why the CoO is so desperate to recruit Dick?

Cause Cobb wants him. Why the Court now gives a crap about what one of their zombified worker bees want, I do not know, but nothing about Jurgan’s take on Cobb or the Court makes very much sense with what came before with them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-01-2019 at 05:17 AM.

I got the impression that the Talons were basically brainwashed goons and they were ordered about by society's elite. I mean I could go for an arc where Cobb and Dick team up to free the Talons from the Courts clutches but I'm not buying any of this. It feels like DC is just throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Incredible Member

I got the impression that the Talons were basically brainwashed goons and they were ordered about by society's elite. I mean I could go for an arc where Cobb and Dick team up to free the Talons from the Courts clutches but I'm not buying any of this. It feels like DC is just throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks.
    To be fair, a lot if not most of what dc does right now feels like this.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ahahahaha! Trying to make it tragic but they can't even get the death of his parents right. People thought the caption saying Dick has been a superhero for 20 years as a hint to a new timeline but looks like it's just plain wrong.

...Then it turns out DC actually trying to make ASBAR Dick's back story in that new timeline or something.

The New 52 made Dick a supreme prodigy that every bad guy wants. The Court, Lady Shiva, Spyral... and the Night of the Owls issue of The Dark Knight said Dick was a candidate they found, not groomed (Haly's Circus is supposed to be a secret training ground, but Dick was already that good without their training) so I just stop thinking because the reason seems to simply be because he's that good.

Also, they're not that desperate. They only care to put an effort to recruit Dick when it's convenient, like when Bruce was amnesia and Dick was presumed dead to the world and now when Dick's amnesia. When things are "normal" they're not doing it.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-01-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Whelp. These past two weeks have not been very good to Dick in the Titans show...but at least last week's episode was good. Today's though....Wasn't really feeling it. And it felt like everyone but Kory was being stupid to an almost out of character extent. So Dick wasn't alone in the idiot department this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. These past two weeks have not been very good to Dick in the Titans show...but at least last week's episode was good. Today's though....Wasn't really feeling it. And it felt like everyone but Kory was being stupid to an almost out of character extent. So Dick wasn't alone in the idiot department this week.
    Nah, Dick did nothing really idiotic in the show whatsoever so far. In the long run things that turned out to be mistakes (but not as deep as he thinks)? Yes. But nothing really idiotic. I would go as far as to say that he was actually the only one who was despite his psychological problems actually the only sane one. Because everyone else beside him, Gar and Kory were mostly annoying with their antics and sometimes blatant hypocrisy. And so far Dick still the only guy around, who doesn’t play “shift the blame” game. That includes Slade and Adeline.

All the annual did was explain why Dick would want nothing to do with Bruce, the psychopath who is keeping his bloodied nightwing costume in a trophy box and has a video of him being shot in the head and showed it to him like 5 minutes in to the house tour.

So, I am to believe Bruce went and got Dick "supposedly" world's best doctor, and then left Dick all alone with that said doctor to do as they like without bothering to monitor those sessions just once? Really? Since when is he so trusting? Wasn't he at the very least worried his brain damaged son may end up spilling their secrets unknowingly? Same Bruce who apparently took some time out from rushing a "shot-in-head, every second matters" Dick to the hospital to change him into civilian clothes so he would be admitted as Dick Grayson, not Nightwing.

Also love that the welcoming "house tour" consisted of "here is an old art work, here is a portrait of Bruce's dead parents. What did you say, this doesn't feel warm and homey? Ok, come, here is the secret Bat cave and here are the clothes you were shot in with your dried blood still on them, and here is the footage of you getting shot. What do you mean you don't want to stay here and all this didn't just jolt your memory back? IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, COME BACK!" Gee, thanks Bruce & Bat family. Great effort.

Really, the annual did Bruce more disservice than anyone else. That was just so horrid. He is an incompetent, thoughtless idiot with major anger issues who seems inconvenienced by Dick not having his memories back and wants him to gain them ASAP but doesn't really feel like putting much personal effort into helping him out in that regard. If money can't buy it, Bruce can't help it, sorry, too busy punching walls and shouting "this is unacceptable". Nothing Bruce said or did was "personal" and it did feel like he was more concerned with getting Nightwing back and putting this tragedy behind him then anything else. He didn't really even try to connect with Dick. How about talking about some nice father-son moments and happy memories rather than showing him a footage of his brains being blown out, Bruce?! This is the most vulnerable Dick has ever been and if he ever needed Bruce to look after him and protect him it was now, and Bruce failed miserably. He left Dick at the mercy of a stranger who used the opportunity to further supress his memories and manipulate him away from his family, and Bruce couldn't even be bothered to put in some personal effort to reconnect with his son, and just left him be. I get this is supposed to tie into Bruce's extreme guilt and the fact he is in a particularly bad and messed up state himself and at his lowest, but that is no excuse.

Wish DC would stop their atrocious treatment of Dick and Bruce already. Ugh.

I don't mind the Owls doing little touches along the way to manipulate a potential recruit their way slowly, and I can buy how having a proper Thanksgiving dinner with "relatives" may be a special memory for a little boy whose entire life is spent in a traveling circus. But the "children's book about an owl" being part of that manipulation and standing out so much in his memory? LMAO! I do wonder what is in that book!

Annual did make it sound like the Owls have been obsessing over recruiting Dick Grayson for years now, and for no other discernable reason than the fact he is a "natural" trapeze artist like his mother said. Which is also kind of hilarious.

Also that video? So was Batman meeting with Jim all these years in a place where they have police surveilance and cameras and being captured in vid all the time? Or is it him who just loves to record his meeting with Jim on the rooftop?

Damian's "wake up!" scene with Dick was pretty much the one and only highlight of this thing.
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-01-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Nah, Dick did nothing really idiotic in the show whatsoever so far. In the long run things that turned out to be mistakes (but not as deep as he thinks)? Yes. But nothing really idiotic. I would go as far as to say that he was actually the only one who was despite his psychological problems actually the only sane one. Because everyone else beside him, Gar and Kory were mostly annoying with their antics and sometimes blatant hypocrisy. And so far Dick still the only guy around, who doesn’t play “shift the blame” game. That includes Slade and Adeline.
    Yeah I am more disappointed with the rest of the Titans than Dick at this point (especially with Donna). And really sick and tired of the "blame Dick for everything" game they play. He makes mistakes, yes. But so does everyone. He keeps secrets and it backfires, yes. But so does everyone! (Looking at you, Rachel!)

I could really use an episode or two without Hank and Dawn, btw. Bored with them and their holier-than-thou attitudes and angst.

Hard to buy these people were ever really good friends, and considered one another "family" tbh.

I want show-Bruce back. Wouldn't object to more scenes with him hilariously dancing with show girls, either, even if all in Dick's mind. lol
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-01-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Hard to buy these people were ever really good friends, and considered one another "family" tbh.
    I'm liking this season, but i have to agree.
    The Aqualad episode was great because their interactions were really good and they looked like real friends. Since then, it's about pointing fingers.

How do you abandon your friend when he screw up and not even try to help him? Also, Dawn is really pissing me off.

"Be Batman" "Actually, can you be a little less Batman?" "Oh my god, how could you done such a thing?"