Page 152 of 295 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 4424
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Ugh those Robin scenes in HiC were so terrible.

How is this the same King that helped with Grayson? His Batman is a disaster (Bat and Cat ugh) and his HiC was even worse, I'm not sure if I'll be reading any of his stuff anytime soon.

Hoping for a solid Dick Grayson appearance in Batman: Last Knight on Earth.
    I wish I could hate King but I don't sense malicious intent from him specifically. He has some awful execution in my opinion, but he can really dial in on some great stuff occasionally.

I think Seeley was a great partner to help refine his ideas and get better material out of him. Perhaps with a stronger editor that the upper brass actually empowers over King, he can really shine.

With proper support, you get Grayson. Else it's Heroes in Crisis. He's a monkey's paw half the time, so who knows.

I really don't hold any personal grudge against him despite how he's attacked two of my favorite characters (Dick, Wally). I just really hope he recognizes the holes in his game and works on shoring them up.

Fantastic Member

if Dick's insecurities were "i seem to remember being loved and respected by Bruce, when i had a say in passing down MY legacy, when i have friends and a team and a city of my own, tim and Damian were still my brothers. Why did it get worse as time went by, first i was fired, then deem "useless" as Robin and even Nightwing and Bruce was a ******* and my brothers were fascists and my friends were..not...I cant be over 25 yet why am i remember a, three other lives that spanned 80 years?" it would have been worth a trauma. It would have been the only way the Ric and "trying to forget" thing makes an ounce of sense and worth to read too.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 05-30-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Bendis' recent tweet that "he can't spoil anything", but that Event Leviathan will feature all characters "that you'd think would be involved in this story" is probably as close to confirmation of Dick showing up as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Bendis' recent tweet that "he can't spoil anything", but that Event Leviathan will feature all characters "that you'd think would be involved in this story" is probably as close to confirmation of Dick showing up as we can get.
    No he actually said that Dick would be in the event. Which to me seems to be a bit closer.
    https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...465923584?s=21

Leviathan without Dick Grayson... it's sad.
    No one said anything about no dick Grayson, we just that no dick Grayson in action comics 1011 #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN #whoisleviathan
    So I guess we DO get to look forward to Ric Grayson showing up. Probably so he can say he doesn't want to get involved for one panel.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I wish I could hate King but I don't sense malicious intent from him specifically. He has some awful execution in my opinion, but he can really dial in on some great stuff occasionally.

I think Seeley was a great partner to help refine his ideas and get better material out of him. Perhaps with a stronger editor that the upper brass actually empowers over King, he can really shine.

With proper support, you get Grayson. Else it's Heroes in Crisis. He's a monkey's paw half the time, so who knows.

I really don't hold any personal grudge against him despite how he's attacked two of my favorite characters (Dick, Wally). I just really hope he recognizes the holes in his game and works on shoring them up.
    Yeah, Seeley helped defined Dick for King, because at first, he wanted to make a really dark and angsty story about Dick's experience in Spyral until Seeley reminds him that Dick is a more positive force.

So even that early on, King was a plot first kinda guy who's okay with ignoring established characterization in order to tell what he wants

Astonishing Member

Tom King speaks a little about Dick in this interview:

https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-promise...oes-in-crisis/

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Tom King speaks a little about Dick in this interview:

https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-promise...oes-in-crisis/
    That's very odd for two reasons. One: he talks a lot about Dick for an interview about the finale to a story he's not involved in. Two: that is nearly verbatim what was quoted in another interview about Batman.

Edit: Since they're both from CBR its likely that the quote is from the same interview that covered both, and it was simply repeated info. Though now I'm curious as to which it was actually in reference to.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-30-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Does Grayson's lineage as a talon retcon his Romanian ancestry?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No I believe the Romani is his mother’s side of the family and his fathers side is American from Gotham where the Talon/COO lineage comes from.

There have only been two stories to reference his Romani heritage in the character's history. When it was created in Devin Grayson's run and then in Seeley's run. I believe in Devin Grayson's run he was Romani on his dad's side, but then that wouldn't work because of the Owls and Talon New 52 story. So Seeley retconned it with him being part Romani on his mom's side. I think that is what happened.

Yes, but not if you squint. John was parent of Romani lineage originally, but the CoO story retconned him into descent from Gotham. Seeley retconned it so that it was Dick's mother of Romani heritage instead. Although I believe he said that it was still open that John could still have some Romani in him somewhere.

Actually in the Grayson secret origin issue, they refer to him as Giovanni "John" Grayson, so he likely has it from both sides now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yes, but not if you squint. John was parent of Romani lineage originally, but the CoO story retconned him into descent from Gotham. Seeley retconned it so that it was Dick's mother of Romani heritage instead. Although I believe he said that it was still open that John could still have some Romani in him somewhere.

Actually in the Grayson secret origin issue, they refer to him as Giovanni "John" Grayson, so he likely has it from both sides now.
    Does it really matter? Both the Talon and Romani stuff has fallen by the wayside.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Does it really matter? Both the Talon and Romani stuff has fallen by the wayside.
    The Court will be in Nightwing within the next two months, and his most notable story as Nightwing in the past decade- possibly ever- heavily relies on his Romani heritage. Neither are by the wayside if you ask me.

Actually, his connection to the Court which is itself an extension of his relation to Cobb is also important to Better than Batman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The Court will be in Nightwing within the next two months, and his most notable story as Nightwing in the past decade- possibly ever- heavily relies on his Romani heritage. Neither are by the wayside if you ask me.

Actually, his connection to the Court which is itself an extension of his relation to Cobb is also important to Better than Batman too.
    The court is only just now coming back after how long? Which story relies so heavily on that heritage? Better than Batman? If anything it relies more-so on the fact that Raptor was in love with his mother, the Romani part could be dropped and still make it the same story. Circus folk aren't exactly rich so Raptor's hatred for people like Bruce still works too.

When was the last time Cobb was around with Dick? I feel like the Court was a big thing DC wanted to make happen at the start of the New 52 and animated movies. Outside of that and Batman they don't feel like a big deal.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The court is only just now coming back after how long? Which story relies so heavily on that heritage? Better than Batman? If anything it relies more-so on the fact that Raptor was in love with his mother, the Romani part could be dropped and still make it the same story. Circus folk aren't exactly rich so Raptor's hatred for people like Bruce still works too.

When was the last time Cobb was around with Dick? I feel like the Court was a big thing DC wanted to make happen at the start of the New 52 and animated movies. Outside of that and Batman they don't feel like a big deal.
    It will be a breath of fresh air after this this crap
    I was just curious cuz some people really thin dick is a victim of whitewashing