Page 22 of 295 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The sales of Nightwing in December:

Nightwing #54 28,269

Nightwing #55 26,060

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2018

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I will not mourn the current Titans title if it is indeed cancelled.
    That property should be shelved until they have a solid idea of what direction they want to go in with it.
    They'll relaunch with season 2 of the series, i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Nightwing #54 28,269

Nightwing #55 26,060

2,200 drop off within a month. Ouch.

Can't say I blame those people, with the direction Nightwing has been going, but still.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, anyone who has a DC Universe subscription can relive or perhaps experience for the first time better days, as the entirety of Grayson has been added to the app:
    https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...14915958734848

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Nightwing #54 28,269

Nightwing #55 26,060

NIGHTWING #51 35,026

NIGHTWING #52 26,623

NIGHTWING #53 26,442

What was so special about #54 that it temporarly gained 2,000?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Can't say I blame those people, with the direction Nightwing has been going, but still.
    In fact, that seems to be the common. The second comic in the month usually sell less at some level than the first (just look at the sales of Batman).

The sales of Nightwing #54 are higher than the sales Nightwing #52 and Nightwing #53 (both are 26K).
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-19-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    NIGHTWING #51 35,026

NIGHTWING #52 26,623

NIGHTWING #53 26,442

What was so special about #54 that it temporarly gained 2,000?
    I should mention that Nightwing #51 has so high sales, because it has a foil cover.

Even before Lobdell and Ric, the sales were around 26K.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-19-2019 at 05:18 PM.

4chan leaked all the april solicits.
    Lobdell is off, enter Dan Jurgens.

As someone pointed out in the 4chan boards.

Writers this book has had since Seeley left in Dec 2017.
    >Tim Seeley
    >Sam Humphries
    > Jackson Lanzing
    >Collin Kelly
    >Michael Moreci
    >Benjamin Percy
    >Scott Lobdell
    > Fabian Nicieza
    >Eric Esquivel (fired before his issues released)
    >Dan Jurgens

What a mess.

Damn if that variant cover isnt beautiful though.

Ah, another solicitation that sounds the same.

Seeing all of these writers listed is pretty rough. But at least three of them were only supposed to stay for one Issue from the very beginning. And does Esquivel really belong on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

>Tim Seeley
    >Sam Humphries
    > Jackson Lanzing
    >Collin Kelly
    >Michael Moreci
    >Benjamin Percy
    >Scott Lobdell
    > Fabian Nicieza
    >Dan Jurgens

What a mess.

I hope Jurgens actually does something.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Good. As odd as it might sound, I believe the best thing for Nightwing right now is low sales. He's a popular character with a consistent and loyal fanbase. What other book out there could be this bad, for this long, and still be pulling sales in the mid-high 20's? As long as DC can make a profit from Dick, it won't matter to them how terrible it is. But if we stop buying, they'll have to realize that we won't accept this BS anymore and they'll have no real choice but to fix it. And I'm confident that Dick is too viable and valuable an IP for DC to get rid of him. Didio might want to, but I think that's beyond his power; he would've already if he could get away with it.

Low sales would force a cancellation. Dick's a big enough player DC won't let him stay gone for long. Low sales, if I'm right about all this, would force a return to form and a relaunch of the book sooner rather than later.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So Lobdell exits after the end of his Joker's Daughter story. I was wondering who would be Lobdell's new script writer after Esquivel was fired, but I guess Lobdell decided to move on too and they got another DC in house guy in Dan Jurgens to write this book now. Jurgens is just like Lobdell in that he can cobble together an issue very quickly and is someone that can produce on short notice. A veteran creator. I'd bet that is what happened here.

Although it wouldn't surprise me at all if these Dan Jurgens issues are still going off Lobdell's plots like how Lobdell was going off Percy's plot ideas early on despite Percy not being credited anymore. Still, I'm betting on this story ending once Heroes in Crisis ends and they have 2-3 more issues of Nightwing to cover until the end of HiC. So I'd bet that Jurgens is only going to be on for a few issues to fill in and either we will get a new writer or the book will be cancelled to be relaunched around the Summer Batman event of King's.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Ah, another solicitation that sounds the same.

Seeing all of these writers listed is pretty rough. But at least three of them were only supposed to stay for one Issue from the very beginning. And does Esquivel really belong on the list?
    Well Esquivel was scripting Lobdell stories like what Fabian was doing. They might keep some of his work on the issues since it is all Lobdell's plot anyway, but who knows. I posted that DC was editing Fabian's script themselves earlier and adding or changing things. So that is what will probably happen to the Esquivel scripted issues. We will never really know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Good. As odd as it might sound, I believe the best thing for Nightwing right now is low sales. He's a popular character with a consistent and loyal fanbase. What other book out there could be this bad, for this long, and still be pulling sales in the mid-high 20's? As long as DC can make a profit from Dick, it won't matter to them how terrible it is. But if we stop buying, they'll have to realize that we won't accept this BS anymore and they'll have no real choice but to fix it. And I'm confident that Dick is too viable and valuable an IP for DC to get rid of him. Didio might want to, but I think that's beyond his power; he would've already if he could get away with it.

Low sales would force a cancellation. Dick's a big enough player DC won't let him stay gone for long. Low sales, if I'm right about all this, would force a return to form and a relaunch of the book sooner rather than later.
    As I said, a fell of 2200 is normal for the second comic in the month.

In fact, Nightwing #54 (28K) sells slightly higher than usual.

Also, Nightwing was selling around 26K before Lobdell and Ric. So, the message for DC isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

>Tim Seeley
    >Sam Humphries
    > Jackson Lanzing
    >Collin Kelly
    >Michael Moreci
    >Benjamin Percy
    >Scott Lobdell
    > Fabian Nicieza
    >Dan Jurgens

What a mess.
    I know I shouldn't expect any better from 4chan, but that list is bs. It really waters the point down when half the list you use to make the point doesn't count for one reason or another.

For one, if the list is about the number of writers on Nightwing since Seeley's left, then why is Seeley on the list? Then there's counting Lanzing and Kelly as separate writers even though they co-wrote their issue together. And on top of that, Lanzing/Kelly and Moreci each only write a single tie-in issue, they have nothing to do with the greater point and are only being used to add numbers. Nicieza scripted several of Lobdell's issues, but since they worked together, they shouldn't count as separate writers. Esquivel is a scumbag and an abuser, we should be glad he dropped from the issue. And given that the issue was never released, he has not written for the book. His issue was co-written by Lobdell, who is still writing that issue.

The list should go:
    -Humphries
    -Percy
    -Lobdell
    -Jurgens

And now that list suddenly doesn't look so bad, given that it's 4 writers over 22 issues (22 because the 2 fill-in issues don't count towards this), although we don't know how many issues Jurgens is on for.

The problem with the book right now is the current status quo for the character, and that's coming directly from the editors. It doesn't matter how many writers are on the book, how often they change, or who the writer is, because the status quo will never be good.