Page 243 of 260 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3889
  1. #3631
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think most people associate circuses with clowns these days.
    I don't mean to imply that. But the profession of clowns as entertainers is dying just as the circus is. At some point clowns will be that scary thing in horror movies, with the secondary thought that they were once supposed to be fun children's entertainment.

    That doesn't matter. Both clowns and circuses can still appear in the media.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  2. #3632
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,843

    Default

    The Titans show is such a TV show, LoL.

  3. #3633
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,843

    Default

    NIGHTWING #68

    written by DAN JURGENS 
art by RONAN CLIQUET 
cover by TRAVIS MOORE 
variant cover by ALAN QUAH

    Being a superhero often means layers of identities. For Ric Grayson, he once had a life as a sidekick to Batman, a life he forgot when a terrible gunshot wound erased his memories. When his long lost grand-father, who is also a super-assassin called Talon, returned to his life and implanted false memories into his brain, that added another layer. Now, with Talon vanquished, Ric Grayson has to shake loose the truth. Is he the man he has created for himself, or is there still some of the old Nightwing lurking around inside his head? Even if he wanted to, could Ric be Nightwing again when four other people have put on the mask and picked up where he left off? Whichever it is, Talon made a mess of his current life, and now Ric has to start putting it all back together.
    ON SALE 01.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC|DC
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.


    LoL, I knew this Talon shit was just a life raft for Ric. No one gives a shit about Ric’s stupid life that these old man, out of touch, creators came with. Stop facilitating these has beens at the bottom of the charts and end this shit already.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2019 at 10:56 AM.

  4. #3634
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    NIGHTWING #68

    written by DAN JURGENS 
art by RONAN CLIQUET 
cover by TRAVIS MOORE 
variant cover by ALAN QUAH

    Being a superhero often means layers of identities. For Ric Grayson, he once had a life as a sidekick to Batman, a life he forgot when a terrible gunshot wound erased his memories. When his long lost grand-father, who is also a super-assassin called Talon, returned to his life and implanted false memories into his brain, that added another layer. Now, with Talon vanquished, Ric Grayson has to shake loose the truth. Is he the man he has created for himself, or is there still some of the old Nightwing lurking around inside his head? Even if he wanted to, could Ric be Nightwing again when four other people have put on the mask and picked up where he left off? Whichever it is, Talon made a mess of his current life, and now Ric has to start putting it all back together.
    ON SALE 01.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC|DC
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.


    LoL, I knew this Talon shit was just a life raft for Ric. No one gives a shit about Ric’s stupid life that these old man, out of touch, creators came with. Stop facilitating these has beens at the bottom of the charts and end this shit already.
    It’s so typical this will be the first time no one in dick main cast gets murdered

  5. #3635
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    NIGHTWING #68

    written by DAN JURGENS 
art by RONAN CLIQUET 
cover by TRAVIS MOORE 
variant cover by ALAN QUAH

    Being a superhero often means layers of identities. For Ric Grayson, he once had a life as a sidekick to Batman, a life he forgot when a terrible gunshot wound erased his memories. When his long lost grand-father, who is also a super-assassin called Talon, returned to his life and implanted false memories into his brain, that added another layer. Now, with Talon vanquished, Ric Grayson has to shake loose the truth. Is he the man he has created for himself, or is there still some of the old Nightwing lurking around inside his head? Even if he wanted to, could Ric be Nightwing again when four other people have put on the mask and picked up where he left off? Whichever it is, Talon made a mess of his current life, and now Ric has to start putting it all back together.
    ON SALE 01.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC|DC
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.


    LoL, I knew this Talon shit was just a life raft for Ric. No one gives a shit about Ric’s stupid life that these old man, out of touch, creators came with. Stop facilitating these has beens at the bottom of the charts and end this shit already.
    Batman's Sidekick. Is this how they view Dick [ Please don't tell me they still view him as a sidekick!] or is the writer just talking about decades ago before he became an independent Hero?

    If it's the former that explains why he gets treated so badly and messed about.

    Nightwing isn't anyone's sidekick

  6. #3636
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    NIGHTWING #68

    written by DAN JURGENS 
art by RONAN CLIQUET 
cover by TRAVIS MOORE 
variant cover by ALAN QUAH

    Being a superhero often means layers of identities. For Ric Grayson, he once had a life as a sidekick to Batman, a life he forgot when a terrible gunshot wound erased his memories. When his long lost grand-father, who is also a super-assassin called Talon, returned to his life and implanted false memories into his brain, that added another layer. Now, with Talon vanquished, Ric Grayson has to shake loose the truth. Is he the man he has created for himself, or is there still some of the old Nightwing lurking around inside his head? Even if he wanted to, could Ric be Nightwing again when four other people have put on the mask and picked up where he left off? Whichever it is, Talon made a mess of his current life, and now Ric has to start putting it all back together.
    ON SALE 01.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC|DC
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    But...but nobody cares about that life .
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman's Sidekick. Is this how they view Dick [ Please don't tell me they still view him as a sidekick!] or is the writer just talking about decades ago before he became an independent Hero?

    If it's the former that explains why he gets treated so badly and messed about.

    Nightwing isn't anyone's sidekick
    I get why you would come off with that impression, but I think they were just referring to his time as Robin.

  7. #3637
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get why you would come off with that impression, but I think they were just referring to his time as Robin.
    I think so as well. Never really interpreted it another way.

  8. #3638
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman's Sidekick. Is this how they view Dick [ Please don't tell me they still view him as a sidekick!] or is the writer just talking about decades ago before he became an independent Hero?

    If it's the former that explains why he gets treated so badly and messed about.

    Nightwing isn't anyone's sidekick
    There is the very face of sidekicks

  9. #3639
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Court of Pushovers
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  10. #3640
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,843

    Default

    It’s sales are shit, it’s basically at a point shops are just comfortable stocking because of the title itself. The response to Ric, the content, and it’s creators has been non responsive to negative. They know this, they just don’t care. So it’s creators and editors don’t have to care as there is no one there to make them, and so they can just continue to cash checks as they spin theirs wheels producing this insultingly poor and lazy work. It’s a sweet gig really. No one on Ric is accountable, and even more no one high up really cares. They’re content with it being fodder for these old creators they like.

    In simpler terms Jurgan’s and the books editors are not gonna feel any pushback or heat from that the quality of there work is shit and sales are at all time lows on title, no one cares what they do or how they perform, so why should they care or put in better work or effort. It’s gross. And why dishing things to comfortable protected creators like Lobdell and Jurgan’s was the worse thing that could happen to a character in any state. They’ll end Ric when it’s most convenient, regardless of sales or response.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2019 at 03:37 PM.

  11. #3641
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Ok this is ridiculous, I checked out a year ago, I thought of getting back but this Ric bs started, I don't know when I last visited but it was long time ago and this Ric bs is still going on?? Do we have any idea when it stops?? When is the next big reset??

  12. #3642
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    Ok this is ridiculous, I checked out a year ago, I thought of getting back but this Ric bs started, I don't know when I last visited but it was long time ago and this Ric bs is still going on?? Do we have any idea when it stops?? When is the next big reset??
    2020. No date.

    Hey, can someone proofread this for me? This says Nightwing Ric Grayson still sells higher than not only Red Hood, but also Hawkman, Batgirl, and Justice League Odyssey

    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-18-2019 at 03:49 PM.

  13. #3643
    Incredible Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    2020. No date.

    Hey, can someone proofread this for me? This says Nightwing Ric Grayson still sells higher than not only Red Hood, but also Hawkman, Batgirl, and Justice League Odyssey

    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html
    This site is everyone source for this kinds of numbers and i don't think they're wrong.

  14. #3644
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    2020. No date.

    Hey, can someone proofread this for me? This says Nightwing Ric Grayson still sells higher than not only Red Hood, but also Hawkman, Batgirl, and Justice League Odyssey

    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html
    Red Hood, JLO, and Hawkman are poor benchmarks, as none are strong sellers. For Batgirl it was its cardstock months

  15. #3645
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Red Hood, JLO, and Hawkman are poor benchmarks, as none are strong sellers. For Batgirl it was its cardstock months
    Oh, I didn't know JLO sells so poorly. It's a League book with Starfire, Cyborg, and Darkseid.
    What's a cardstock month?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •