Page 241 of 295 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What you guys are asking for her has never existed and never will. Dick might be the leader but he is not the lead player. Titans is an eNsmble piece, made up of several heroes coming together. I can't recall a titans where Dick was the lead, he not like bruce who takes over whatever he is apart of or wolverine
    The Titans should be the lead, what I’m asking for is that Dick get his piece of the Titans pie. Not less cause the others around him are starving and ‘he has a solo’. Dick is also part of the ensemble regardless if he has a solo. He is also the biggest player the Titans have got. It’d serve both better to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm kind of a weirdo for Dick - he is (or him of certain era not now), my favorite character, but I'd have a Titans without him, eventually. I do think that, as a point of differentiation with the JL, the Titans need to be a "full-time" team, unlike the League, which is a bunch of solo heroes who get together. That means they need to live in the same city, and only occasionally have solo adventures. They need to be more of unit than the JL. So if Dick goes off for solo adventures, he should no longer be on the Titans and only occasionally guest. Discussed here.
    The Titans couldn’t make it an arc with out Dick. For better or worse they are stuck together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I agree that the Titans should be a full-time team only. But, I'd reconcile Dick's involvement a different way. I'd cancel his solo and fold him back into the Titans. Dick's book is doomed to mediocrity. If they fold Dick into the Titans, it gives Titans writers the chance to take chances with and develop Dick's character. Put him front and center as he should be and play with him.
    I get what your saying, but the Titans doesn’t see any better or less mediocre creators. At the end of the day they get what they give.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-14-2019 at 07:25 PM.

I don't know how editorial logic works, but maybe consolidating two mediocre books merits an upgrade from two mediocre creative teams to one good one?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

What you guys are asking for her has never existed and never will. Dick might be the leader but he is not the lead player. Titans is an eNsmble piece, made up of several heroes coming together. I can't recall a titans where Dick was the lead, he not like bruce who takes over whatever he is apart of or wolverine
    He pretty much was the defacto lead in NTT, as both the team leader and most prolific character there with a very high profile change in status quo that has stuck (Robin to Nightwing). It was still an ensemble, just a better written one and less decompressed so it had space for the other characters to have a lot of spotlight and even take over the lead role for arcs. But throughout, if one character can be identified as the lead, it's Dick with maybe Donna as a close second.

He's also at the forefront of the TT cartoon and the live action show. There isn't really any logical reason to NOT consider him the lead, it's plain as day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He pretty much was the defacto lead in NTT, as both the team leader and most prolific character there with a very high profile change in status quo that has stuck (Robin to Nightwing). It was still an ensemble, just a better written one and less decompressed so it had space for the other characters to have a lot of spotlight and even take over the lead role for arcs. But throughout, if one character can be identified as the lead, it's Dick with maybe Donna as a close second.

He's also at the forefront of the TT cartoon and the live action show. There isn't really any logical reason to NOT consider him the lead, it's plain as day.
    Not leader but lead characte, it’s always an ensemble pieces
    NTT is put together by raven not dick and she drives the first arc and it rotates from their

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

tumblr_9d77bc9055cc4070b5f3ac58ad8de04b_f9cd9801_640.jpg

Don't know where this from but it's for Lost Carnival

That hoodie crop top and waist-high jeans... when is this set? 80s?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-15-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

chooo choooo this train is finally mooving dang

They should have just gone the Talon route from the start - as soon as Dick was shot in the head.

It'd defo have been more interesting than what we got.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    They should have just gone the Talon route from the start - as soon as Dick was shot in the head.

Shoulda woulda coulda. At least the status quo is changing, and this is out of the league of the nightwings

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

I hate the entire existence of the Talons/Court of Owls an especially the circus connection to them for a couple of reasons and would not have read anyway, but it would have garnered higher sales.

Honestly, I keep forgetting about the connection between Haley and the Court. It hardly ever seems relevant .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not leader but lead characte, it’s always an ensemble pieces
    NTT is put together by raven not dick and she drives the first arc and it rotates from their
    It's always an ensemble, but even then one character can stand out from the rest.
    Raven brings the Titans together and she goes to him first because she needs a leader. This is even shown from his perspective when she's creeping in his dreams. The series literally opens with him as the POV character

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's always an ensemble, but even then one character can stand out from the rest.
    Raven brings the Titans together and she goes to him first because she needs a leader. This is even shown from his perspective when she's creeping in his dreams. The series literally opens with him as the POV character
    He leaves the book often enough that i stand by my rotation stance

This Talon feels nothing like the Talon in the past. He comes across as more of a bad Ra's al Ghul knockoff. Talon should be an emotionless killing machine but he hasn't really killed anyone relevant here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I keep forgetting about the connection between Haley and the Court. It hardly ever seems relevant .
    I think because the circus part always felt tacked on. As the Court really didn't care about the circus and was more interested in Bruce when this was all first written out. So they kind of ruined the circus as a setting for a Bruce story in the end, which never set well with me.

The Circus has been destroyed for 5 years now or something? And Mr Haley was killed off even longer ago in Higgins run. They really did a number on that whole place. Having it become a nightmare for Dick because of the Court, burned it down, and killed off everyone in it basically. Not even sure how to bring it back unless you retcon most of Higgins' run.
    Last edited by Badou; 10-16-2019 at 01:20 PM.

He doesn’t shut up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This Talon feels nothing like the Talon in the past. He comes across as more of a bad Ra's al Ghul knockoff. Talon should be an emotionless killing machine but he hasn't really killed anyone relevant here.

I think because the circus part always felt tacked on. As the Court really didn't care about the circus and was more interested in Bruce when this was all first written out. So they kind of ruined the circus as a setting for a Bruce story in the end, which never set well with me.

The Circus has been destroyed for 5 years now or something? And Mr Haley was killed off even longer ago in Higgins run. They really did a number on that whole place. Having it become a nightmare for Dick because of the Court, burned it down, and killed off everyone in it basically. Not even sure how to bring it back unless you retcon most of Higgins' run.
    that was joker not the Owls