Page 259 of 295 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4424
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They can’t exist without a glass ceiling to protect the status of the JL
    It seems to me that Titans / Justice League should be the equivalent of X-Men / Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    It seems to me that Titans / Justice League should be the equivalent of X-Men / Avengers.
    The titans use to be dc’s answer to the X-men

Just try something. And just finding an old vet to go through the motions is not trying something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-11-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Titans have had 1 series in the last 10 years. They are rested. Its not time they need, but work. Something those behind the comic division are clearly not interested in putting in. Which is odd to me when on the other had you have them renewing a season 3 before season 2 even ends. All while the comic people continue to not even try anything with the brand or its main characters. The comic guys want it to be this dead brand, yet at the same time here DC is announcing season 3.

And the fact that Ric has been running next to the show, despite being dog **** and reviled from the go, is another red flag is you ask me. I think Nightwing was around the 120th rank comic in October, and Jurgans oh so important Annual not even the top 150. Well done again Nightwing team.
    Look at the position most of them are in right now. Dick has amnesia, Donna is a pawn of the Batman Who Laughs, Wally is a villain who now has to redeem himself, Roy is dead, Lilith, Garth, Malcolm, Karen, Beast Boy and Starfire are in limbo. Right now the one in the best position is Cyborg. If this is what is being done in their individual stories what do you think putting them back together will do. Yes the Titans book needs work but it also needs people behind the scenes to understand what they've been doing wrong for the past few decades and it's clear they haven't realized that yet. And until they do we're better off without a Titans book. At least they're seeing some use in adaptations so it isn't like the brand is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Look at the position most of them are in right now. Dick has amnesia, Donna is a pawn of the Batman Who Laughs, Wally is a villain who now has to redeem himself, Roy is dead, Lilith, Garth, Malcolm, Karen, Beast Boy and Starfire are in limbo. Right now the one in the best position is Cyborg. If this is what is being done in their individual stories what do you think putting them back together will do. Yes the Titans book needs work but it also needs people behind the scenes to understand what they've been doing wrong for the past few decades and it's clear they haven't realized that yet. And until they do we're better off without a Titans book. At least they're seeing some use in adaptations so it isn't like the brand is dead.
    That all sounds like grounds for a relaunch to me.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

They have a Teen Titans and a Young Justice book at the moment. So they are still putting "legacy" books in their lineup of titles. Plus all the Justice League books and the Legion book too. I don't really see what adding a Titans book to their line of ongoings really does that wouldn't cause it to be like the Titans series we just had. Plus all the 5G stuff coming which will spread out legacy characters even more across titles. The Titans hasn't been a well written franchise since well before I even joined the forum. I can't even remember the last time Dick was written well in it too. I haven't been a fan of the Titans franchise for a long time, though I get fans of it wanting a series especially because of the TV show airing at the moment, but I just don't really see what another Titans book really adds for DC right now other than just being a containment book for characters DC doesn't know what to do with. Saying stuff like how it should just be a "cooler/younger Justice League" is never going to happen. The property will never be looked at like that.
    Last edited by Badou; 11-11-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That all sounds like grounds for a relaunch to me.
    Question is; will a relaunch happen before a reboot does?

I know they are all buried in **** right now, my confusion is why they are all buried in **** right now. They put them in those positions, and seemingly just in time for the show. The comic division have purposely buried the brand and those characters as if they are dead properties, creating a sentiment where they have people thinking its better that they do nothing, instead of challenging that they do better. All while the same time the same company is creating content that they aren't hesitating to renew. Its almost as if the comic people have rebelled at the very idea of others doing something with the brand and characters, and so then made it a point on their side to go on a campaign to sabotage and put the brand, and the characters involved, in terrible positions. Im certainly not asking for another Abnett's Titans, but Jesus here they are announcing season 3 and yet for the entirety of its run the comic division couldn't be bother to get off there old man asses and try anything with the brand at all. Ric Grayson is pretty much all the comic people have to show with any of these characters these past 2 years. How laughable is that. Even within the comic market its not like Titans seems like a hard brand to sell. I don't get this disconnect within DC.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-12-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Incredible Member

The titans use to be dc’s answer to the X-men
    Wolfman's New Teen Titans and Claremont's X-Men definitely could swap characters/settings/brands and still largely work the same. It's better when the Titans have a similarly personal mission statement and aren't just Justice League Junior.

I think they should put the core Titans together at the forefront — with Dick/Nightwing as a combination Cyclops/young Xavier — and a deep bench of everyone else from the newer teams. Nightwing gives the Titans its heart, and a clearer mission statement. Titans are primarily about rescuing missing people, especially kids... this has more power if the team extends out from the origin of the first sidekick.

Of course one problem is that Titans never really had a Wolverine badass – Cyborg would be closest, but he's been acquired by the Justice League so he's not a good candidate anymore — maybe Damian

If the NTT was a response to Claremont's X-Men, what we need now is a response to Hickman. Or we could just wait for Hickman.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

All-New Member

Starfire is part of JL Odyssey as well. Including Ric, that's 5 members who are pretty involved in the greater happenings of the current DC Universe. If you count Miss Martian, that's 6 because she IS used in the Justice League Comics even if it is brief. Its better to let DC get the year of the villain and whatever upcoming Crisis out the way. Hopefully that wipes the slate clean and puts the characters (especially Nightwing) in a position to be in a team book again. Imagine the can of worms, continuity wise that'll be open if a new Titans book was to come out now. Much of the characters are scattered across the universe or are in limbo and we have no clue when Nightwing will be restored. I wouldn't be surprised if Tynion has to wait till Lobdell wraps up this Talon Story line before he can begin the process of giving Dick back his memories in Batman.
    Last edited by Roliver Queen; 11-12-2019 at 09:15 AM.

I imagine Nightwing will be back either during or after Titans season 3.

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t starfire in the justice league

Extraordinary Member

I imagine Nightwing will be back either during or after Titans season 3.

Next spring ? But I am hoping hisnlive action presence in the mainstream will help secure himPreventing DC from pulling bs like this again, however it seems to me they are giving him no time to recover since they will need a new Batman soon

Isn’t starfire in the justice league
    Kind of? Justice League Odyssey is kind of its own thing though.