Page 117 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC probably has some intern putting up polls. Ascended, my friend, you are thinking like a businessman--not a fanboy.
    Thanks? Seems I struggle with the fanboy mentality more and more these days. It's all tax codes and supply-demand curves in my head now.

Seriously though, what the hell is the point of interns if you don't make them do pointless, boring stuff no one else wants to do? (and get coffee, of course) Collecting, organizing, and graphing data points is exactly the sort of thing some unpaid kid should be doing!

Maybe DC isn't paying any attention to this particular poll (or anything else the DCU app is doing) but it'd seem an erogenous mistake beyond even DC's usual screw ups to ignore a multimedia platform that's currently running two of the most popular streaming shows in America. Obviously an informal poll (that we can vote on multiple times) shouldnt be taken as gospel but its still relevant data that should be taken into account.

We all know I have damn little faith in DC's management but I cant imagine they're not doing data collection and research. I mean, even NPO's do that, and those organizations are always underfunded and scrambling for cash. If they can do relevant research there's no way DC/WB cant.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks? Seems I struggle with the fanboy mentality more and more these days. It's all tax codes and supply-demand curves in my head now.

Seriously though, what the hell is the point of interns if you don't make them do pointless, boring stuff no one else wants to do? (and get coffee, of course) Collecting, organizing, and graphing data points is exactly the sort of thing some unpaid kid should be doing!

Maybe DC isn't paying any attention to this particular poll (or anything else the DCU app is doing) but it'd seem an erogenous mistake beyond even DC's usual screw ups to ignore a multimedia platform that's currently running two of the most popular streaming shows in America. Obviously an informal poll (that we can vote on multiple times) shouldnt be taken as gospel but its still relevant data that should be taken into account.

We all know I have damn little faith in DC's management but I cant imagine they're not doing data collection and research. I mean, even NPO's do that, and those organizations are always underfunded and scrambling for cash. If they can do relevant research there's no way DC/WB cant.
    IF by dc you Mean Geoff or Jim proably not but DCU is and that alone can help Dick. Itll be 10 years before he will ever get a film, who know where he will end up in the comcis, so best bet is his presence in in DCU.

Maybe DC isn't paying any attention to this particular poll (or anything else the DCU app is doing) but it'd seem an erogenous mistake beyond even DC's usual screw ups to ignore a multimedia platform that's currently running two of the most popular streaming shows in America.
    Egregious*? Autocorrect? Freudian slip? Intentional and cleverest *Dick* Grayson joke of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Egregious*? Autocorrect? Freudian slip? Intentional and cleverest *Dick* Grayson joke of all time?
    Ha! I'll never tell!!

Nah, I was just working on my first cup of coffee and must've got my "e" words confused. lol I dont brain too gooder until I've drank about half a pot.

But let's just pretend it was a intentional and clever "Dick" joke, yeah? Makes me look smarter that way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    IF by dc you Mean Geoff or Jim proably not but DCU is and that alone can help Dick. Itll be 10 years before he will ever get a film, who know where he will end up in the comcis, so best bet is his presence in in DCU.
    Do we have confirmation about the kind of stuff DC does for market research? I've never heard much about it. The pro's say they "listen to fans" (which sounds like pandering to me most of the time) and there was that one horribly handled survey when the New52 started, but otherwise I never hear about what DC does to collect and analyze data. I mean, I assume they must do some kind of market research because that's just what a company does, But I feel like most companies are more transparent about how they get their information and where it comes from.

Maybe DC is more vocal about it than I realize and Ive just never caught it.

In any case, I'm less concerned about whether the company does market research (I mean, they must, right?) than I am with what upper administrators do with it. A company can do quality, informative research and still have someone in the chain of command just totally disregard it. And looking at Dick and his situation it's hard to imagine that any kind of research supports the things they're doing with him. I dont get as deep into the "they sabotage Nightwing on purpose!" bandwagon as some of us here do, but I've put serious thought into the topic (more than I should) and given the information we fans have access to......it doesnt add up.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Do we have confirmation about the kind of stuff DC does for market research? I've never heard much about it. The pro's say they "listen to fans" (which sounds like pandering to me most of the time) and there was that one horribly handled survey when the New52 started, but otherwise I never hear about what DC does to collect and analyze data. I mean, I assume they must do some kind of market research because that's just what a company does, But I feel like most companies are more transparent about how they get their information and where it comes from.

Maybe DC is more vocal about it than I realize and Ive just never caught it.

In any case, I'm less concerned about whether the company does market research (I mean, they must, right?) than I am with what upper administrators do with it. A company can do quality, informative research and still have someone in the chain of command just totally disregard it. And looking at Dick and his situation it's hard to imagine that any kind of research supports the things they're doing with him. I dont get as deep into the "they sabotage Nightwing on purpose!" bandwagon as some of us here do, but I've put serious thought into the topic (more than I should) and given the information we fans have access to......it doesnt add up.
    If they didnt do market reaserch Harley quinn would not be where she is

anyway
    We did it!
    Yay!
    Lo hicimos!
    We did it!

Boy wonder in blue takes it home

Yes, the stalwart Dick Grayson proved that super powers aren't necessary when someone has street smarts, cunning, and one of the most head-turning physiques in the DC Universe. Nightwing scored 10004 votes to the Scarlet Speedster's 8438.

"In this week's first round, the winners won solidly, with a couple of exceptions... The two Suicide Squad teammates, Katana and Deadshot, fought down to the wire, with Katana winning by less than 3%. Deathstroke and Red Hood were also evenly matched, with Deathstroke taking the win by less than 3%.
    But it wasn’t close in this week's final round. Nightwing absolutely destroyed Deathstroke by the largest margin in the tournament -- more than triple the number of votes Deathstroke got."

Thats pretty cool.

Ha! Good point!

anyway
    We did it!
    Nice! Good for you Nightwing! Good for us, Nightwing fans!

Really, when Dick Grayson wins, everybody wins.

~ Black Panther.

New interview,
    https://www.newsarama.com/44761-jurg...n-baggage.html

We’re so screwed. We are gonna be 10 issues in here and all he's telling us how he thinks there is potential in what can be done with this situation. Awesome. Thing is we are way frigging past that at this point, and the fact that he's not revealing absolutely anything about what he plans to with this situation, or how he plans to reach that potential, is rather alarming. We'll experience as we read it, oh that's reassuring. Clearly it seems they are still just making this up as they go, with whomever the hell they can find to come up with whatever they can. Which has been the real problem with this situation. Not so much the idea behind it. Personally speaking i get the idea behind Ric, what i don't get is the constant insulting of the Dick to his own readers, or how that idea turned into a blatant rip off of We Are Robin with Dick as their homeless sidekick.
    But hey at least he acknowledged there’s a segment of fans who are frustrated with the direction. Still if anything about this was about enhancing Dick's "rich tapestry of story", they wouldn't have done nothing but belittle and insult the character over and over for 8 issues, and you wouldn't being implying that Dick was tarnished. Ric might be "untarnished by Batman’s touch", but guess what Lobdell tarnished the holy hell out of him. So good luck with Ric the homeless sidekick of his own superhero persona.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.

anyway
    We did it!
    Yay!
    Lo hicimos!
    We did it!

Boy wonder in blue takes it home

Yes, the stalwart Dick Grayson proved that super powers aren't necessary when someone has street smarts, cunning, and one of the most head-turning physiques in the DC Universe. Nightwing scored 10004 votes to the Scarlet Speedster's 8438.

"In this week's first round, the winners won solidly, with a couple of exceptions... The two Suicide Squad teammates, Katana and Deadshot, fought down to the wire, with Katana winning by less than 3%. Deathstroke and Red Hood were also evenly matched, with Deathstroke taking the win by less than 3%.
    But it wasn’t close in this week's final round. Nightwing absolutely destroyed Deathstroke by the largest margin in the tournament -- more than triple the number of votes Deathstroke got."
    Yet DC more eager to promote Deathstroke and wants to update him to be Bats’ villain.

Congratulations to Nighwting and thank you for voting for him, guys=)
    Last edited by nightbird; 04-16-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Jurgens seems like he is really doing his best to PR spin the dumpster fire. "Needing four people to replace one person speaks well of Richard Grayson." Too bad that "really delving into" the 'Nightwings' means less pages for the only Nightwing we want to read about. It's insane how long this has gone on.

Incredible Member

I have to agree, DC certainly screwed the pooch on this one.
    I think for most of us, the attraction to Dick wasn’t for his admittedly world class fighting skills,or other “muscle memory “ tricks... it was his relationships and leadership that defined him, and made hm special. And that’s whats been stripped away.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I have to agree, DC certainly screwed the pooch on this one.
    I think for most of us, the attraction to Dick wasn’t for his admittedly world class fighting skills,or other “muscle memory “ tricks... it was his relationships and leadership that defined him, and made hm special. And that’s whats been stripped away.
    Yep, exactly right. The whole Ric arc could have been interesting if it was used as a way to examine his relationships, how his friends/family reacted to him being shot, why he's important to the rest of the DC universe. Instead only the least interesting aspects of his character were kept, essentially creating an entirely new and boring person just going through the motions of vigilantism.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    New interview,
    https://www.newsarama.com/44761-jurg...n-baggage.html

We’re so screwed. We are gonna be 10 issues in here and all he's telling us how he thinks there is potential in what can be done with this situation. Awesome. Thing is we are way frigging past that at this point, and the fact that he's not revealing absolutely anything about what he plans to with this situation, or how he plans to reach that potential, is rather alarming. We'll experience as we read it, oh that's reassuring. Clearly it seems they are still just making this up as they go, with whomever the hell they can find to come up with whatever they can. Which has been the real problem with this situation. Not so much the idea behind it. Personally speaking i get the idea behind Ric, what i don't get is the constant insulting of the Dick to his own readers, or how that idea turned into a blatant rip off of We Are Robin with Dick as their homeless sidekick.
    But hey at least he acknowledged there’s a segment of fans who are frustrated with the direction. Still if anything about this was about enhancing Dick's "rich tapestry of story", they wouldn't have done nothing but belittle and insult the character over and over for 8 issues, and you wouldn't being implying that Dick was tarnished. Ric might be "untarnished by Batman’s touch", but guess what Lobdell tarnished the holy hell out of him. So good luck with Ric the homeless sidekick of his own superhero persona.
    The only bit of truth in that whole interview was when Jurgens acknowledged a group of fans not liking the current direction. The rest was bullshit. Him going on and on about how much potiental there is in it or how this is a great chance to write Dick without Batman's influence was all crap. It has been close to 8 months now and to talk about this stupid direction in this way speaks to how creatively bankrupt the whole idea is, but they continue it because it is editorial mandated. I get he is trying to sell his run to people, but I can't imagine that anyone with an ounce of intelligence bought into anything he said here. If they did then they are idiots. He doesn't care about this run or direction any more than Lobdell did or that young writer that was writing Lobdell's scripts did. Their Newsarama interviews were exactly the same where they spent the whole interview saying absolutely nothing by doing the minimal amount to try and spin it into something interesting when they have no real investment in what they are writing.

It is unbelievably frustrating that they continue to spend time on all of this crap. These useless Nightwings, the **** hole that is Bludhaven, or this love interest that no one cares about. This has been going on since October but now they want to write about Dick's history outside of Batman? Where was the in depth focus on Haly's Circus or his parents in the months and months we got before this ****? I'd love to see someone at some panel just roast DC and the Bat office for all this crap but that probably won't ever happen. My big fear is that DC and the Batman office try to turn this Ric story into some MAJOR thing and spend years and years referencing it as being such a major turning point for the character and talk about how important it was because they refuse to admit what a disaster it has been. I can see them doing that unfortunately.

Unfortunately, ya I can also see that. Rather then risk any culpability, or admit that anyone did a bad job, they’ll just spin it. I feel like we already seen Lobdell try to spin it as readers not giving it a chance.