Page 195 of 295 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4424

A successful Titans won't even matter, look at the Titans comic that came out today. They'll just use it as an excuse to push Tim. "Cause all the Robins are the same, so might at well push the one we like.". Until the old men with their agendas and antiquated ideas go, nothing will get better. Just more of the same. Put in the least work as possible, and then use the character to feed their out of touch, no draw, old buddies with their out of touch ideas and lazy executions. And then when readership on the character enviably drys up they'll turn around blame the character for the lack of readers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-14-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    A successful Titans won't even matter, look at the Titans comic that came out today. They'll just use it as an excuse to push Tim. "Cause all the Robins are the same, so might at well push the one we like.". Until the old men with their agendas and antiquated ideas go, nothing will get better. Just more of the same. Put in the least work as possible, and then use the character to feed their out of touch, no draw, old buddies with their out of touch ideas and lazy executions. And then when readership on the character enviably drys up they'll turn around blame the character for the lack of readers.
    We are a few short years before tim drake dissapears forever as duke becomes more popular

First Duke would have to stop being Bruce's most boring protege. I'm still holding out hope for that but...I'm not seeing that happen anytime soon lol

Tim is getting a new hero name (and a weird ugly brown costume) from Bendis so he's never going anywhere.

*shrug* I actually don't mind the color and really like what I've seen of the costume so far. I've always liked the idea of each Robin having their own distinctive color. Dick has blue, Jason has red, Damian has green, Steph has purple, and now Tim has...yellow?...brown?....Either way, I'm cool with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    First Duke would have to stop being Bruce's most boring protege. I'm still holding out hope for that but...I'm not seeing that happen anytime soon lol
    It doesn’t matter how boring he is, he is a protege of color,

Tim original purpose becomes less important with every continuity change, his special skill are more informed to the reader then shown and cause the other robins to be filled to make him more effective

His treatment in YJ dc’s new 52 animated and and I’m expecting him to be absent in Titans

And neverless they gave him the creation of Teen Titans, and after that didn’t work they have now put probably one of their highest payed creators on him. Tim isn’t going anywhere. They won’t allow it. They’ll just make him Robin yet again if they have to.
    Though my point wasn’t about Tim, Tim was just an example. If it’s not Tim, it’d be someone else. My point was it doesn’t matter if Dick succeeds elsewhere. The comic side will look to somehow pass that onto others before they invest anymore in Dick. They don’t want to do more with him, even if people wanted it. They intentionally sabotage him as it is even. They like where he is, they even like Ric. If they didn’t Ric would have ended long ago. They like that they can give a book that won’t immediately bomb to these old buddy creators who’s names, ideas, and actual work don’t move jack crap anymore. They are not looking to put in anymore work on the character then they absolutely have to.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-15-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Fantastic Member

The Robin in Giants Titans is 99% Dick down to his damn hair style but his name is Tim. he even has a Nightwing like mask . Looks like DC told Jurgen to edit the name at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    The Robin in Giants Titans is 99% Dick down to his damn hair style but his name is Tim. he even has a Nightwing like mask . Looks like DC told Jurgen to edit the name at the last minute.
    I know. Threw me off when he was suddenly called Tim. I'm like "what the hell, that's Dick!"

Fantastic Member

He acts and thinks like Dick. Everything about him is Dick. Tim is more “ I gotta find a way” than “Batman taught me to never give up”.

Fantastic Member

They are not looking to put in anymore work on the character then they absolutely have to.
    The only work they do now is sabotage him. Even out-of-contnuity stuff like Giants. Another insult to Dick. I have no hopes in solo Nightwing anymore but NTt is the only team that’s wholely Dicks. They are the best selling most iconic flagship book , that’s why they got a giant. But Didio can’t put Dicks name on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Nah I remember when Jurgen's first started talking about this on twitter he always meant it for Robin to be Tim.

I will say though that for this roster, it makes more sense for them to use Dick.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-15-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Nah I remember when Jurgen's first started talking about this on twitter he always meant it for Robin to be Tim.

I will say though that for this roster, it makes more sense for them to use Dick.
    Did he want to say that or Dc made him say that lol. If anyone even read NTT you know that’s Dick. Apparently now bc they are so “alike” , the lines are blurred.

I assume it’s just a generic and general characterization.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-15-2019 at 07:42 PM.