Page 238 of 295 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4424

Even before Abnett's second Titans series the series was garbage going all the way back to Titans Hunt. It never had a strong direction, the relationships and characterizations were so shallow, and Dick was incompetent at every turn. I still remember that scene in Titans Hunt where Dick ran away in terror from seeing super powered people fighting, lol. He wrote such an awful Dick, Donna, and Wally. It is crazy how Dick and Donna basically had zero panel time together and no one complained about it too. Just so many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    To be fair, Dick actually dictated the terms of the new Titans to the JL. But you are right on the rest of it. It made little sense.
    I don't think he did. He confronted Bruce, Clark, and Diana about how he was going to start a new Titans team and he didn't need their approval, but then in the process of "telling off" the JL Dick basically gave in to everything the JL wanted for his new team. They wanted him to move the JL into the JL Headquarters to be overseen by the JL and Dick did it, then the JL wanted Dick to add Miss Martian to his team so she could watch over the team for the JL and he did it, and finally they made Dick take all the blame for the last Titans team disbanding. Dick's whole "telling off" the JL was a sham and he gave into every demand they set up when he had ZERO reason to agree to any of it. It was pathetic.

Incredible Member

The only flaws I've found with Abnett's Titans was just the team split up(if you ignore everything past the second annual it becomes ok) and Wally's 3 deaths. Other than that I found it to be a good run.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I lost interest in Abnett's Titans run when the first Big Bad was Abra Kadabra and the follow ups were the Fearsome Five (who were at least Titans villains, but hardly the cream of the crop).

A glance at things that came afterward makes me confident that I made the right call. Book was hot garbage.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You should be able to download it without having a drop box account.
    Got em. Thanks.

I lost interest in Abnett's Titans when they're doing the Titans vs League... Again. I know it's a tradition, but it's a tradition for teenagers, not adults!

I know nothing about Abra, but he's quite interesting in that his power's pretty broken if you don't have Wally, so he's quite a threat.

The Fearsome Five though, despite having a mind reader... isn't really... Psi-Mon is the only one that seems to be a threat. The rest... I already forget... and I just wasn't interested in... whatever story they're trying to tell. Already forget.

The Fearsome Five are one of those threats that should have been a challenge for the Titans when they were all kids. Now, I would expect almost any NTT to be capable of taking down the group by themselves. Might be a tough fight for the hero but most of them should be able to do it by themselves now.

Vic and Wally especially. They're both far more powerful than they used to be. Dick's far more experienced too, and if he fought gnarly villain groups as Batman he should be able to defeat the Five on his own now, even if they vastly out-power him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Fearsome Five though, despite having a mind reader... isn't really... Psi-Mon is the only one that seems to be a threat. The rest... I already forget... and I just wasn't interested in... whatever story they're trying to tell. Already forget.
    Mamoth and Shimmer were iirc quite powerfull originally...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    To be fair, Dick actually dictated the terms of the new Titans to the JL. But you are right on the rest of it. It made little sense.
    Dictated terms he knew they agree too, and then he was given a moniter, its so disrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Mamoth and Shimmer were iirc quite powerfull originally...
    They were. Shimmer especially was quite a powerhouse as I recall. Psimon was one of the more powerful psychics in the DCU too, once upon a time.

The thing with the Five though, is that they're all one-trick ponies. They have one skillset, and if you can counter that they've got little to fall back on except each other. And if you can counter all (or even most) of them? They've got nothing at all to fall back on.

Its like when people compare Superman and Hulk. Hulk has one gimmick; he's stupid ass strong. And it serves him well, dont get me wrong. Clark however, has a ton of other skills and abilities he can use. Trying to figure out how to get around Hulk is a lot easier than trying to get around Superman. I mean, you're probably gonna get smashed either way, but with Clark you need to account for like, three dozen different powers and skills, while with Hulk you basically just have to deal with one. That's the Five's downfall, they don't have enough versatility as individuals.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Oh my God, Titans is approaching CW level quality. smh at this week's episode.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The Superboy ep?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Oh my God, Titans is approaching CW level quality. smh at this week's episode.
    I kinda skipped to the ending after the first 10 minutes. I felt like if you already knew the character you didn't need to see majority of this ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Superboy ep?
    Yep. What a dumb way to resolve that cliffhanger with Jason. Cheesy, cheesy
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yep. What a dumb way to resolve that cliffhanger with Jason. Cheesy, cheesy
    Really? Once I saw that this week's episode was titled "Superboy", I had a feeling Conner would save Jason in about that exact fashion.

But they need to save Krypto. For the puppy!

It was pretty silly.

I liket it, to be honest. It was obvious what was going to happen (well, most of it). But I liked it anyways. The episode of this season that I liked the most, actually.

I think that this season is weaker than the first one, though. Worse.