Page 279 of 295 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4424

It is a little disappointing that Dick Grayson's 80th anniversary is watered down by just lumping him into the Robin 80th anniversary, but it was expected. I guess the same thing happened for the 75th anniversary with lumping all the Robins together.

It is a little disappointing that Dick Grayson's 80th anniversary is watered down by just lumping him into the Robin 80th anniversary, but it was expected. I guess the same thing happened for the 75th anniversary with lumping all the Robins together.
    It makes me think of something someone said earlier (in regards each gen of characters being discarded): that DC cares about properties, but not characters. Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqualab, etc. are important - who is in the costume isn't. Can't recall the exact phrasing, but it's probably true.

By the way, what are the latest sales numbers on Ric looking like? Plateaued or going up or down or what?

My guess is that they might go for Dick as a Nightwing anniversary instead of just robin. It makes me feel that dc makes them disposable. I hope things get better

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Doesn't look like it. Seems they doing what I thought with just continuing the story of Ric and the cop Nightwings even if he has his part of his memories back. They are bringing the Joker into Bludhaven for a new story arc now.

Bludhaven is such a creatively bankrupt place they have to drag in another Gotham villain for another story.
    I know you hate the city, but let's be real here; Bludhaven is the least of our problems right now. These creators and this direction wouldn't bear any better fruit if this were happening somewhere else. The Bat family wouldn't be coming to visit or save Dick even if things were happening in Gotham. The setting is the last thing we need to worry about right now.

And I have no interest in this thread being re-named so "Ric" can be included.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This tread gets closed at the end of the month, adding Ric to the new one seems like it would just be an attempt at trolling too me.

BTW except for Batman crossovers and events, has a Nightwing writer ever been able to bring in the Joker? I would be surprised they let Jurgan's bring in the Joker, yet im not. Any life raft at this point i guess.

Okay in generel how does everyone feel about Dick's city? I mean if anything I often thought Jump city would have been an interesting place. Since it's where the Titans are. However. maybe he should be somewhere father from Gotham?

Isn't Jump City only from the TV shows? It doesn't exist in the comics, Titans Tower is traditionally in New York.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My guess is that they might go for Dick as a Nightwing anniversary instead of just robin. It makes me feel that dc makes them disposable. I hope things get better
    Has there ever been a Nightwing anniversary? In Nightwing's 30th year they killed him and make him a secret agent.

So apparently Dixon wrote a Nightwing story this week. people seem to think it is for the Robin 80th but I don't know, that would be a "Robin" story not a Nightwing one, no?

We’re getting a Grayson story in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It makes me think of something someone said earlier (in regards each gen of characters being discarded): that DC cares about properties, but not characters. Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqualab, etc. are important - who is in the costume isn't. Can't recall the exact phrasing, but it's probably true.

By the way, what are the latest sales numbers on Ric looking like? Plateaued or going up or down or what?
    That makes a lot of sense. I think Flash's anniversary was the same way? With it including Jay and Wally in it.

I think it was at 20K last month? So maybe it will drop below 20K when we see the next sales charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know you hate the city, but let's be real here; Bludhaven is the least of our problems right now. These creators and this direction wouldn't bear any better fruit if this were happening somewhere else. The Bat family wouldn't be coming to visit or save Dick even if things were happening in Gotham. The setting is the last thing we need to worry about right now.
    I can't pass on taking a shot at Bludhaven, lol. Although I don't think Ric would have been as bad if Bludhaven didn't exist. It allowed DC to just shove his character off there and tell the most zero effort and lazy stories possible. Sure it might have been just as bad, but maybe without it they would have had to get a bit more creative in how they wrote off Dick's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    BTW except for Batman crossovers and events, has a Nightwing writer ever been able to bring in the Joker? I would be surprised they let Jurgan's bring in the Joker, yet im not. Any life raft at this point i guess.
    I wonder why the Joker would even care about what is happening in Bludhaven and Nightwing. That goes completely against character. I'm sure the Joker has shown up in regular Nightwing issues before, but I can't recall it. This story is just an easy one to tell like the Scarecrow one before. Just bring in a Gotham villain and have Ric and the Nightwings fight them. I'm surprised they didn't bring in Deathstroke off the back of the Titans TV show, but DC seems to hate pairing up Nightwing and Deathstroke. Jurgens probably has the pull to do what he wants on the book since DC has no interest in doing anything else with it.

I just worry that Jurgens is going to bring in his awful Batman Beyond ideas to Nightwing like have Dick suddenly want to become a politician and be mayor of Bludhaven like if they still have Jurgens writing the book post 5G.

Really hope Jurgan’s goes with Ric. The last thing I want to see is Nightwing becoming his RHatOs. Find another series for him to keep busy on with his stale ass writing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-14-2019 at 05:30 AM.

There is no problem with Bludhaven. It's part of the character now, it's like saying Metropolis or Central limit their heroes.

Problem is that they have no intention of ending the current phase, to me it signals that a relaunch is near and they want to put this out as a filler until then. I'm going to take a guess that he'll come back to his senses once Crisis starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    There is no problem with Bludhaven. It's part of the character now, it's like saying Metropolis or Central limit their heroes.

Problem is that they have no intention of ending the current phase, to me it signals that a relaunch is near and they want to put this out as a filler until then. I'm going to take a guess that he'll come back to his senses once Crisis starts.
    Maybe they will retcon all of this. I mean this Ric thing is going up to next year. I wonder since Tim and Babs has this on their own. Does Dick have his own compute system to check out criminals and doesn’t go to Batman. Because generally I have seen him not have much than I don’t read too much of Nightwing lately
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-14-2019 at 08:23 AM.