Page 237 of 295 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But he had also 13 or 14 candels on his cake, and he got a plane for his Birthday.

I'm not sure which comics you are referring to. Barbara Appered first in the late silver age when Dick was still in his teens (15 or 16) and was much shorter then her.

The Bronze Age stated in 1969 when Dick left Gotham for Hudson and Barbra became congress woman and iirc Dick stayed in collage during the 70s, and didn't drop out untill the 80s shortly before joining the new Teen Titans.

Late Golden Age happend before Silver Age (there was no break in continuity for Batman) do Dick would have still been 15 arround that time

In the later Earth Two JSA Stories Time was supposed to pass in real time, with Earth Two Dick being born in 1928.
    Yeah I remember the candles are 13-14 but since it's 2 years after the publication date I count it as 10
    I thought when Babs appeared it's already Bronze Age. I've been counting Bronze since she appeared instead of Dick going to Hudson.
    Earth 2 is Golden Age, right? So he should be 12 when he first debuted in the 1940?

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Oh and also Earth-1 Robin was officially 15 and the oldest in the Fab Four team when he first starred in The Brave and the Bold.
    Huh... but just for fun... was Roy older than everyone when he appeared? He seems older

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    @ Restingvoice

If you wan't look into the Batfamily ages, you can find here a text with what I could find in the comics, with all the sources.
    It covers everyting from the Golden Age to the current comics.
    Thank you
    ...Ah ship I haven't used Dropbox for years I forget my password
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-11-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Thank you
    ...Ah ship I haven't used Dropbox for years I forget my password
    You should be able to download it without having a drop box account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nightwing is not the star of that book despite being the leader and it’s not a bad thing either,
    Things go south by the troia arc

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Dan Abnett did not wrote the best Nightwing during his run with the Titans.

Actually, he didn't wrote a good Titans book, period. He started okay with the Wally arc and went downhill soon after. Its double frustrating if you are fan of Nightwing and the Titans in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm on record saying that Abnett's Dick Grayson in Titans is arguably the worst written version of the character I've ever read. I wouldn't recommend that Titans series in general, but especially if you are looking to read more Nightwing.
    Noted!! I will steer clear of Titans and just backtrack from New 52. Thank you all!

Well, the first arc isn't bad, especially the reunion of Wally with the others, but yeah. Overall, best to avoid it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Noted!! I will steer clear of Titans and just backtrack from New 52. Thank you all!
    There are some highlights, the annual the first 10 issues, it’s been a long time since we have seen the fab 5 together and who knows when we will ever again. It’s fun to see them being happy. It nice to see him in non bat relations

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, the first arc isn't bad, especially the reunion of Wally with the others, but yeah. Overall, best to avoid it.
    The issue with Wally and Supes was pretty good. It was warm, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The issue with Wally and Supes was pretty good. It was warm, I guess.
    Brief as it was, it was a good moment.

Incredible Member

my own personal opinion but I really liked Abnett's Titans(Fab 5 run) better than any other iteration of Titans/Teen Titans so far. Grayson's run didn't do it for me, I really don't care about the Wolfman run and the TT series that run with the default crowd of Robin/BB/Raven/Starfire/Cyborg had made me hate Titans.

This modern run with the Fab 5 has been my fav so far. But if I had to rank TT/Titans I'd prob go John's - Abnett - Glass

It still blows my mind that people actually liked Abnett's Titans book beyond just nostalgia. I really thought the series was absolute garbage.

Even for nostalgia purposes it was ****. I don't remember those characters being losers who bend over to the JL. The book is a complete waste of time. It accomplished absolutely nothing, and the team and all the characters involve were left worse off after.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-12-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Even for nostalgia purposes it was ****. I don't remember those characters being losers who the bend over to the JL. The book is a complete waste of time. It accomplished absolutely nothing, and the team and all the characters involve were left worse off after.
    Yeah, that "Grounded" arc made me hate his book even more.

I enjoyed Abnett's Titans at first. It didn't start to fall apart for me until the League talked Dick into disbanding his own team and starting up a new one on their terms. That was just all kinds of wrong. The Titans (especially the adult ones) do not bend to the whims of the Justice League. They don't work for them. They're not their sidekicks anymore. They're their own team who can't just be ordered to disband. That whole issue left such a bad taste in my mouth.

And I can't even be mad at just Dick. Everyone else went along with it too. They could have kept going without him.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-12-2019 at 07:46 AM.

I'll never, ever, forget Batman saying "Go to your room" to Donna.

Or Roy saying they need to call the Big Guns like the Justice League because the job was out of their league.

Or Dick asking "Are you disapointed in me?" to Batman.

In a Titans Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'll never, ever, forget Batman saying "Go to your room" to Donna.

Or Roy saying they need to call the Big Guns like the Justice League because the job was out of their league.

Or Dick asking "Are you disapointed in me?" to Batman.

In a Titans Book!
    Then he acted like the problem was that they were all best friends...

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I enjoyed Abnett's Titans at first. It didn't start to fall apart for me until the League talked Dick into disbanding his own team and starting up a new one on their terms. That was just all kinds of wrong. The Titans (especially the adult ones) do not bend to the whims of the Justice League. They don't work for them. They're not their sidekicks anymore. They're their own team who can't just be ordered to disband. That whole issue left such a bad taste in my mouth.

And I can't even be mad at just Dick. Everyone else went along with it too. They could have kept going without him.

To be fair, Dick actually dictated the terms of the new Titans to the JL. But you are right on the rest of it. It made little sense.