Page 262 of 295 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel like fans use "out of character" very liberally at times. Donna wasn't wrong when she said Dick was martyring himself and the episode pointed out this was a problem.
    She is wrong for not going to help him and wrong to leave him at the tower she always stands by him

I’ve been pretty Floored since she dawn and hank hanged up on Jason. I think I hate liar reveal story lines

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She is wrong for not going to help him and wrong to leave him at the tower she always stands by him

I’ve been pretty Floored since she dawn and hank hanged up on Jason. I think I hate liar reveal story lines
    Donna said that Dick was in prison because he wanted to be there. spoilers:
    Hell, we saw that he had already escaped before Kory and Rachel even got to the prison.
    end of spoilers. Donna wanted to find out what happened to Conner and Gar.

She not right, she is out of character, they haven’t let her do anything wonder she has been pissy since episode 8
    No, she called it. spoilers:
    Rachel and Kory stormed the prison only for Dick to have already escape
    end of spoilers. He wasn’t in trouble he was just punishing himself. She didn’t need to be so harsh about it though.

Her being pissed about Jericho is dumb, cause she was all for it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-16-2019 at 02:33 PM.

When your supposed best friend is doing something bad and wrong that is potentially harmful to them you don't just abandon them. Especially not when the girl who is possibly seeing the future tells you she has been seeing him being killed. Donna leaving Dick to waste himself away in prison in self-pity and shame & her not giving a damn about the possibility of him being killed/harmed just don't really work. Her knowing he can take care of himself physically and get out if he wanted doesn't mean squad as the "problem" is the state of mind he is in that made him want to go into prison, a state of mind SHE contributed to. Well, guess it works within this show as this Donna and Dick should not be called best friends or even friends at this point.

When Bruce Wayne has the interfere to remind you guys that you are family and divided you shall fall, you KNOW you have made a mess and done things terribly wrong. Of course Bruce's speech went to waste on Donna and Dawn because they are too busy being angry at Dick, as it is the way for them to wash their hands clean of the Jericho affair. Blame it all on Dick and pretend you were as much a victim in all this due to his lies, and was fooled. Disgusting. Bruce leaving Hank out was priceless. Hank is useless, especially if back to his addict ways and Bruce probably doesn't care about him one bit. Wish Dawn was left out too but guess Bruce thought "she is special to Dick, maybe she will get to him". Not buying Bruce allowing Jason and Rose to run amock in Gotham and not involving them in the Titans meeting. Maybe he figures Jason is Dick's problem to deal with once he gets out. Or maybe, because they are in Gotham he already has an eye on them and doesn't want them involved with Titans business right now, especially if he has suspicions about Rose.

I love Ghost!Bruce as tiring as Dick's self-hatred can be at times, because it is a great insight into how he thinks and feels. He DID need to grow up and get over his self-pity party and glad to see this is happening. I also hope, next time he sees Dawn and Donna (and Hank) he gives them a reality check too instead of letting them put all the blame on him about everything.
    Absolutely LOVE the fact he figured out Jericho is alive. Dick is a detective and trained by Batman, he should be very aware of smallest of details around himself and able to connect dots and we see that he WAS and IS. He needed time to put it all in perspective and solve it, but his mind was working and taking notes of things like Jericho's mother saying "they", Slade acting weird and the message Jericho was trying to give him (so does Dick know sign language now? when he first met Jericho he didn't know but maybe learned it afterwards?). Also Love that he escaped himself AND left a note behind in case Titans came to rescue him. lol

Donna was absolutely in the right. You don't abandon friends, but Beast Boy and Superboy are larger priorities. They're both MIA and for an unknown reason. Dick is just sulking.

The ha-Bruce-inations are entertaining but make Dick seem schizophrenic if you think too much about it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Donna was absolutely in the right. You don't abandon friends, but Beast Boy and Superboy are larger priorities. They're both MIA and for an unknown reason. Dick is just sulking.
    Except Raven has dreams of Dick dying so for all they know Dick IS in great and imminent danger & they know where he is so he is much easier to find and take care off. Going off on their own without proper backup and knowledge is what got Donna & Dick almost killed (and Jericho killed) the last time. They need to get back together as a team and then face the big-bad. That was what Bruce's speech was about.

Donna is just angry Dick went to prison instead of being there to answer her many phone callls when SHE needed his help. lol. Till now she has been trying to get Dick involved as knew this wasn't something she could do on her own and his help was needed, but now is angry again so back to "don't need this guy, leave him to his misery". And Dawn is Dawn.
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-16-2019 at 09:40 AM.

They obviously shouldn't leave Dick, but it seems clear that BB should be a higher priority. Someone broke into the tower and kidnapped him.

At most, splitting up so that some can help Dick while others get Gar is the right thing to do there.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    They obviously shouldn't leave Dick, but it seems clear that BB should be a higher priority. Someone broke into the tower and kidnapped him.

At most, splitting up so that some can help Dick while others get Gar is the right thing to do there.

Donna and Dawn don't have our knowledge of things. They know Gar and Superboy are missing and something bad has happened, but they don't know where they are or how bad.

Till this happened Donna has been trying to get Dick to help as she knows with him along, their chances of finding the lost members and helping them out is much higher.

They also know Dick is in prison and as per Raven's warnings in great danger.

So choices were : Go take an hour or two to save Dick and bring the team back and start looking for Gar and Superboy together OR split from the team and leave Dick be and try to find Gar & Superboy.

It really didn't seem like a carefully thought strategic choice based on "priorities" but more of one taken based on anger at Dick with a "he wants to rot in prison, fine by me!" attitude, but we all read things differently I guess.

Anyway, between Kory's upset stomach and wonky powers some are now wondering if she is pregnant. One part of me would love to see Mar'i in this but a baby is really the last thing Titans need. I think she is just too stressed and not been taking good care of herself...

Btw, if Bruce knows Gar & Superboy are missing, JLA (at the very least Superman) must know. So guess they are all letting Titans (who are in total dismay and not even a team right now) handle this? Oh show...
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-16-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Donna and Dawn don't have our knowledge of things. They know Gar and Superboy are missing and something bad has happened, but they don't know where they are or how bad.

Till this happened Donna has been trying to get Dick to help as she knows with him along, their chances of finding the lost members and helping them out is much higher.

So choices were : Go take an hour or two to save Dick and bring the team back and start looking for Gar and Superboy together OR split from the team and leave Dick be and try to find Gar & Superboy.

It really didn't seem like a carefully thought strategic choice based on "priorities" but more of one taken based on anger at Dick with a "he wants to rot in prison, fine by me!" attitude, but we all read things differently I guess.

Anyway, between Kory's upset stomach and wonky powers some are now wondering if she is pregnant. One part of me would love to see Mar'i in this but a baby is really the last thing Titans need. I think she is just too stressed and not been taking good care of herself...
    The episode established she'd been drinking a lot due to depression. She's clearly having a hangover in the arcade scene. As for the wonky powers, I'm guessing this has something to do with what she told Rachel earlier about how her powers were different as a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The episode established she'd been drinking a lot due to depression. She's clearly having a hangover in the arcade scene. As for the wonky powers, I'm guessing this has something to do with what she told Rachel earlier about how her powers were different as a baby.
    Yeah, we even had the talkative psychiatrist to tell us she is grieving and not handling things well..

I think when she talked to Rachel she mentioned having difficulty controlling her powers when she was younger, right? Memory is a bit fuzzy on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post

Btw, if Bruce knows Gar & Superboy are missing, JLA (at the very least Superman) must know. So guess they are all letting Titans (who are in total dismay and not even a team right now) handle this? Oh show...
    Agree about Donna, Dawn and Hank.

About JLA, I dunno, I think it’s easy to imagine, that Superman is busy with another matter. Just like in comics. They all busy due to the fact, that there is too many villains out there. Even Bruce didn’t show up until he saw Dick in prison.

Also, can we talk about the fact, that in the show they addressed to Nightwing as “bird of pray”. lol

Donna’s point was that Dick didn’t need saving, he was there cause he wanted to be. So either they go there and he tells them to leave, cause he is choosing to be there, or they go there to get him out of a situation he doesn’t need help getting out of. Which is ultimately what happen. She was a total ice queen, and her being mad in the first place is rather hypocritical, but she called it. She knows Dick. What Raven needs to save him from wasn’t that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-16-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Donna’s point was that Dick didn’t need saving, he was there cause he wanted to be. So either they go there and he tells them to leave, cause he is choosing to be there, or they go there to get him out of a situation he doesn’t need help getting out of. Which is ultimately what happen. She was a total ice queen, and her being mad in the first place is rather hypocritical, but she called it. She knows Dick. What Raven needs to save him from wasn’t that.
    Donna knew Dick was in prison because he wanted to, and could get out if he wanted to, yes. She was right on that. But Rachel was NOT saying "lets save Dick from his pity party, he needs a pep talk from us", she was saying "In my dreams I am seeing Deathstroke killing Dick, he is in danger, we need to save him now!". Very different things. They simply had no way of knowing if the visions were symbolic or rather literal, them being a glimpse into the future was very much a possibility. Rachel certainly believed them to be true. And if Deathstroke was coming for Dick, he did need help. From them all. So Donna basically refused to take a few hours from her busy schedule to save Dick from a possible attack from Deathstoke. She wasn't just abandoning Dick, she was also abandoning Rachel who was clearly going to go try save Dick on her own no matter what so would have been facing Deathstroke all on her own (which is why Rachel was in tears telling them SHE needed their help, it wasn't because she thinks she can't give a good pep talk on her own, it was because she thought Deathstroke was coming). Not splitting as a team and going to save the teammate whose whereabouts they know & whose imminent death is being prophesied would have been the safer, more logical choice IMHO. But Donna was leaving in a huff, angry with Dick and not really thinking it through..
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-17-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

BatBoys Age reversed

https://twitter.com/jjmk_bot