Page 150 of 295 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Dick’s HiC confessional was some boosh. I’m certain it would have been more apt had he and Damian’s roles been switched.
    The whole story was crap, why would Dick's one panel be any different?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It was a very boring confession from all the boys.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It was simply a wasted opportunity for all of them.

They all bring much more compelling possible topics to the table than "X is this, Y is that and Z is the other but what the hell am I?"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It was simply a wasted opportunity for all of them.

They all bring much more compelling possible topics to the table than "X is this, Y is that and Z is the other but what the hell am I?"
    The recurring nature of their confessional panels was the joke. It was a tone deaf attempt at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It was a very boring confession from all the boys.
    I felt like it fit for Tim, at least in a meta sense. Disappointed that King didn't hit on a deeper insecurity of a character he worked closely with instead of using it as a set up for a mediocre joke.

Mighty Member

The joke one was Hal's. He is not the smartest Green Lantern, but we are supposed to believe he doesn't have a concept of what will is. It's like a soldier asking what bravery is. King is trying to sound philosophical but ending up sounding like woke Facebook posts.

Dick of all the damn “Robins” should have no insecurities about the others. He is the trailblazer and the measuring stick.

At least he didn't blow anyone up. But he should've been Wally's Barbara/Beetle in this story.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-29-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Dick’s HiC confessional was some boosh. I’m certain it would have been more apt had he and Damian’s roles been switched.
    Nah Dick Jason and Damian have since the New 52 began been working on these issues they would not be here presently. Its like showing Jason the crobar today, its not gonna trigger him like it use too. Dick has no inner confusion who he was as robin he since left that behind he only succumbs to the pressure of having to inherit Batman will when the time comes. Damian made it clear during the War of the robins, he knows who he is. It would have been different if it had somthing to do with his ressurection, his life as an al ghoul or even if slade could be his father anything else. This was written by a clown who has not read nothing of the batfamily, they arent like the rest of the cameos they had the last 9 years in this contiuity to work on their inner problems

Mighty Member

Dick of all the damn “Robins” should have no insecurities about the others. He is the trailblazer and the measuring stick.
    Dick outgrew Robin a long time ago. Why would he compare himself to his replacements? He is his own man. He has his own city. His own team. He knows who he is. He is Nightwing. Leader of the Titans. Protector of Bludhaven. Last of the Flying Graysons. He is fucking Richard "Dick" Grayson. Ahhhhhh!!!

I miss Dick so much. Ric... Ric... Ric... I freaking hate Ric so much! He is only selling because he is standing above the grave of Dick. What the hell is wrong with DC!
    Last edited by yohyoi; 05-29-2019 at 09:34 AM.

King writes them as tropes and ninja turtles + King is like Didio and every superhero should be sad

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    King writes them as tropes and ninja turtles + King is like Didio and every superhero should be sad
    I guess Damian really is the mikey that his kind of response

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Dick outgrew Robin a long time ago. Why would he compare himself to his replacements? He is his own man. He has his own city. His own team. He knows who he is. He is Nightwing. Leader of the Titans. Protector of Bludhaven. Last of the Flying Graysons. He is fucking Richard "Dick" Grayson. Ahhhhhh!!!

I miss Dick so much. Ric... Ric... Ric... I freaking hate Ric so much! He is only selling because he is standing above the grave of Dick. What the hell is wrong with DC!
    He''s been batman who give a flying who he was as robin

didn't like the HIC confessional's especially Dick's. I also hate when they are reduced to those shallow brackets like the funny one etc. It makes them one dimensional.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Speaking of that, a bit of report. How Dick and the others being reduced to trope is one of the main reason why some people at the time hate Grayson because they saw him being reduced to the nice sexy one, and right now they're feeling justified as say I Told You So as other people starting to realize that King writes them badly or just catering to Tumblr fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Speaking of that, a bit of report. How Dick and the others being reduced to trope is one of the main reason why some people at the time hate Grayson because they saw him being reduced to the nice sexy one, and right now they're feeling justified as say I Told You So as other people starting to realize that King writes them badly or just catering to Tumblr fandom.
    Oh yeah, they loveley people that would lost their collective control every time a joke was made in Grayson, that would harass King and Seeley in twitter because they felt triggered with every issue, the ones that wouldn't shut up about the good old days of Dixon run?

Pfff that some people aren't never going to be happy, they are allergic to anything remotelly new....and they love the characters pigeonholed, as long as they choose the boxes