Page 273 of 295 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    the DC universe gives him love because he's bringing in the money. This is what happens when he's not being treated as a second class hero.
    Damn straight.

Hey, weren't Didio and Johns rumored to be kinda-sorta feuding for a while? Is that still a thing? What're the odds of Johns getting "exiled" to Nightwing?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Damn straight.

Hey, weren't Didio and Johns rumored to be kinda-sorta feuding for a while? Is that still a thing? What're the odds of Johns getting "exiled" to Nightwing?
    I mean I'll take it. It's just depressing to watch such a great character get undermined by one empowered employee with a vendetta against him. I still think Fraction is the man for the job, though.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-07-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Johns doesn't have the time for monthlies anymore.

I don't know much about Fraction, but from what I do know of his history so far, wouldn't he just write Dick like a big joke? That's the opposite of what we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What's his Robin solo/feature series called in the 40s/60s? Something Star... kinda like All-Star Comics. Was he the only main character in that series, or is it an anthology? As in, can we count that?

Grayson has 20, was it? Plus 3 annuals? Yes. 23.
    Star-Spangled Comics.

Grayson was 20, with 3 annuals, and the Futures End tie-in (24 issues in total). Nightwing: The New Order also had 6 issues.

With Rebirth, Nightwing has had two annuals plus the 66 issues, as well as that Magilla Gorilla crossover issue (69 issues so far). New 52 was 30 issues, plus an Annual and #0 (so 32 issues). The original mini-series was 4 issues with a special issue (5 issues). The second series is of course the longest, with 153 regular issues, a #1000000 and a #1/2, as well as two annuals, and then The Flash Plus Nightwing #1, Nightwing Secret Files and Origins #1, the 80-page Giant, Nightwing: Target #1, the World at War tie-in, the Bloodborne tie-in, and the Nightwing/Boomerang #1 tie-in issue to Outsiders (in total, 164 issues). Then, there's the 4 issues of Nightwing/Huntress and two issues of Convergence: Nightwing/Oracle.

So excluding team books and Grayson (simply because the book is not titled Nightwing), as well as Elseworlds stories like New Order, it's 5+164+4+32+2+69, a total of 276 issues with Nightwing in the title starring Dick as Nightwing, of course.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I love the love DCuniverse gives him, I will stay lloyal to them until they dont

Until they bring a new Batman-starring content to DCUniverse then :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Damn straight.

He said he had to fight Didio to make Nightwing blue again. That's the only feud about Nightwing I know

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I don't know much about Fraction, but from what I do know of his history so far, wouldn't he just write Dick like a big joke? That's the opposite of what we need right now.
    Not necessarily. Fraction's Iron Man wasn't a joke title. He does seem to write a lot of weird books lately but that's not all he's capable of. He'd be a solid fit for Nightwing, I think, but there's no way Didio would put a writer like Fraction on a book like Nightwing.

I mean, Didio probably wouldn't waste Johns on Nightwing either, even if they are at odds with each other, but one can hope.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

He said he had to fight Didio to make Nightwing blue again. That's the only feud about Nightwing I know
    I didn't mean about Dick specifically. I've just heard rumors that there was a bit of a power struggle between them, fighting over the direction of the DCU. Rebirth was very much Johns' baby but once he lost status in the company (or whatever happened) a lot of plans and directions seemed to change pretty quick.

But I don't know what their relationship is like, this is all just rumor. And kinda old rumor at that!

~ Black Panther.

I wonder what being the fall guy for the JL bombing did to John's passion for comics, generally speaking. I mean if that happen to you would you love comics as much?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-08-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Star-Spangled Comics.

Grayson was 20, with 3 annuals, and the Futures End tie-in (24 issues in total). Nightwing: The New Order also had 6 issues.

With Rebirth, Nightwing has had two annuals plus the 66 issues, as well as that Magilla Gorilla crossover issue (69 issues so far). New 52 was 30 issues, plus an Annual and #0 (so 32 issues). The original mini-series was 4 issues with a special issue (5 issues). The second series is of course the longest, with 153 regular issues, a #1000000 and a #1/2, as well as two annuals, and then The Flash Plus Nightwing #1, Nightwing Secret Files and Origins #1, the 80-page Giant, Nightwing: Target #1, the World at War tie-in, the Bloodborne tie-in, and the Nightwing/Boomerang #1 tie-in issue to Outsiders (in total, 164 issues). Then, there's the 4 issues of Nightwing/Huntress and two issues of Convergence: Nightwing/Oracle.

So excluding team books and Grayson (simply because the book is not titled Nightwing), as well as Elseworlds stories like New Order, it's 5+164+4+32+2+69, a total of 276 issues with Nightwing in the title starring Dick as Nightwing, of course.
    Interesting fact in the Golden Age Dick Grayson appeared in more comics than Batman

RobinDick had over 200 solo stories in the Star Spangled series and he was the main headliner though technically speaking it was an anthology but Dick was the 1st Robin to carry stories on his own and he had the most issues of Robin stand alone stories.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-08-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Random question - how many issues has Dick had as Nightwing, if you add them all together? Asking because I want Nicola Scott to use her Nightwing cover similar to the Tec, Action, and Wonder Woman covers.

I'm not a fan of this picture. I get the A**e shot is tongue in cheek but I'm starting to get sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I wonder what being the fall guy for the JL bombing did to John's passion for comics, generally speaking. I mean if that happen to you would you love comics as much?
    I'm sure that anyone who goes from being a fan to working in the industry gets slapped hard by the reality of the business, and taking the blame for a movie's failure that you barely had anything to do with (John didn't get involved until that train wreck was too far gone for anyone to save) likely didn't make him very happy either.

And that whole mess seems to have blown back on him in the comics too. He seems to have been kind of shoved aside, no longer the Golden Boy, seemingly not party to any of the big decisions.

But he's still producing and working on tons of larger media adaptations and still writing a couple books for DC (even if he can't make deadlines). And I'm sure other companies would like to steal him, so whatever happened it doesn't seem to have ruined him on DC completely.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait people blame Johns? I thought they blame Whedon?

He’s perfectly capable of writing “serious” stories. I recommend “To Have And To Hold” one of the last Peter/MJ stories before OMD hit. Not only is it a phenomenal book but it also showcases why so many people loved the Spider-Marriage. Fraction can totally do serious stories when he wants to. But honestly since he’s broken into Hollywood I don’t really expect him to take on any ongoing work he doesn’t want to do.
    Zack Snyder fans blame Whedon and Johns. WB seems to have shifted some of the blame onto Johns, but they also either fired or pressured into leaving all the Snyder apologists within the company who kept giving him work, so it’s a mix. Johns still probably has some pull given he’s a producer for Titans, is basically the show runner for Stargirl, and is writing a GLC script.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-09-2019 at 09:00 AM.

We don't really know what went down, but it seems that on the corporate level, Johns ended up being something of a scapegoat for WB.

Fans will blame Whedon or Snyder or whoever, depending on their personal tastes, but from the stuff we've heard it seems like WB decided to blame Johns for a lot of what went wrong with the movies, presumably using stuff like the failure of Green Lantern to justify it and keep higher-paid idiots safe from being accountable for their choices.

After JL failed, Johns got kicked off a lot of projects (or so I hear) and his influence in the publishing fell apart. Obviously he's involved with the DCU shows and he's still involved with the movies, but he lost his position as Chief Creative Officer and seems to have been demoted across the board. At one point he was the guy deciding where DC was going (creatively) in comics and in adaptations but now he seems to largely just be an adviser and the big decisions are out of his hands.

I guess. Others have followed this all a lot closer than I have.

~ Black Panther.