Page 278 of 295 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In the meantime, Marcus To is drawing another low riding Nightwing pants ^^

tumblr_aafebb64d3b7545de1068892dddbfdcc_3898c534_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How long will this whole Ric thing last?
    doesn't really matter. By the time dick comes back 5g will be right around the corner and dick will be moved to the back ground anyway.

I thought for sure the Ric garbage would end this Summer in time for King's big Batman event story. I couldn't imagine they would keep putting out a story everyone hated and have him miss out on King's big climatic fight with Bane and Thomas who sparked this Ric story in the first place, but all that came and went and we are now going into Spring of 2020 and the Ric story is still ongoing. So it could very easily last until the Summer of 2020 now and be stretched out until this 5G stuff happens. So sure, maybe Dick will get his memories back before 5G but they could drag this out with him continuing to deal with the fake Nightwing cops and the Owls until the 5G launch.

I bet they'll bring him back in the Robin 80th.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I hope not. Wish Dc actually cared for Dick. I wonder how long until we get a good story.

What is one of the best arcs that explains who Dick Grayson/Nightwing really is
    Actually, Nightwing #29 by Higgins is a really great look at the character. It was his last issue and it served as an excellent goodbye.

Its been a long time, but I recall Black Mirror by Snyder doing a good job of looking at Dick Grayson as a character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What is one of the best arcs that explains who Dick Grayson/Nightwing really is
    My favorite moments of him are all over the place, not as long as a story arc.
    Grayson #3 about his stance on guns and people's life
    Grayson #5 where he walked ten days in the desert to save a baby
    Rebirth Batman #54 where he spent the whole issue trying to cheer up a heartbroken and depressed Bruce
    His appearances throughout The Court of Owls and Night of The Owls arc where he's determined not to be defined by the past or his family's ancestry
    Gotham Knights #1 where he calls out Bruce on his insistence to work alone
    Well, basically every time Dick calls out Bruce on his **** or simply act as the more mature one is gold.
    Oh! Definitely Batman Prelude to The Wedding Nightwing vs Hush #1 for his loyalty, kindness, and seeing through someone's issue

I don't think I have an arc just yet since his appeal is his personality and morality, they come up in smaller moments than a full story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I bet they'll bring him back in the Robin 80th.
    Doesn't look like it. Seems they doing what I thought with just continuing the story of Ric and the cop Nightwings even if he has his part of his memories back. They are bringing the Joker into Bludhaven for a new story arc now.

Bludhaven is such a creatively bankrupt place they have to drag in another Gotham villain for another story.

Extraordinary Member

I hope not. Wish Dc actually cared for Dick. I wonder how long until we get a good story.
    Valentines day

So, we ever going to rename this the Ric Appreciation Thread?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I should hope not.That being said if Dick is still Ric by 2021 we may as well have one(not that there's much to be appreciated).Based on solicits, Ric is STILL a thing in March 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I tried to make one but the mods locked it

Anyhoo, I'm out. Jesus this whole thing sucks how is there no end.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I should hope not.That being said if Dick is still Ric by 2021 we may as well have one(not that there's much to be appreciated).Based on solicits, Ric is STILL a thing in March 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I tried to make one but the mods locked it

Anyhoo, I'm out. Jesus this whole thing sucks how is there no end.
    Not a separate appreciation thread - this thread. Shouldn't Ric be included somewhere in the long name of this thread?

Nope. Because this is an appreciation thread and there is nothing to appreciate about Ric. It is a shameful blight that needs to be forgotten the moment it ends. Besides Ric's whole thing is he doesn't want to be even remotely associated with Dick Grayson, changing his name (in an effort to erase him), completely ignoring the people in his life etc etc., so i think it is fitting he gets treated as his own sepeare thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Nope. Because this is an appreciation thread and there is nothing to appreciate about Ric. It is a shameful blight that needs to be forgotten the moment it ends. Besides Ric's whole thing is he doesn't want to be even remotely associated with Dick Grayson, changing his name (in an effort to erase him), completely ignoring the people in his life etc etc., so i think it is fitting he gets treated as his own sepeare thing.
    If I was new to this thread I would think there was nothing to appreciate about Rick either