Page 177 of 295 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4424
    Incredible Member

I’m pretty sure ppl were super angry at N52 NW for removing Bludhaven and now y’all want it gone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I’m pretty sure ppl were super angry at N52 NW for removing Bludhaven and now y’all want it gone.
    It’s yall it’s some

I don’t know why, I like him having his own city to protect. A place where other can find him. The only thing blush’s Ben is missing is his blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know that. My question was the city ever salvageable or if anyone, including Dick, tried to rebuild it?
    If you really want to torture yourself go read Battle for Bludhaven.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Huh, Bludhaven was long gone way before the New 52.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    If you really want to torture yourself go read Battle for Bludhaven.
    By bad storytelling or bad company decision... oh... it's listed under Linkara video. Probably both.

It's a Final Crisis Aftermath with Tim Titans so I'm guessing Dick was still at the JL hospital or something at this point?

To be fair I've always wanted it gone and as more time goes on I feel like I'm proven more and more right. It was fine place for Dixon's original story arc, but it was unremarkable in every single way when it was introduced and should not be the place that "defined" the character for years afterwards.

I've repeated this a lot but Dick isn't from Bludhaven, he didn't grow up there, none of his family is from there, he didn't create any of his heroic identities there, none of his friends or other heroes are from there, none of the teams he was part of are there, and so on. To try and say Dick has some similar attachment to Bludhaven that a Bruce has to a Gotham is just absurd. It is an overvalued piece of history that fans need to move on from in my eyes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Huh, Bludhaven was long gone way before the New 52.
    Yeah but people were complaining about why Dick was in Gotham and then moved to Chicago since back then Infinite Crisis wasn't canon I believe and bludhaven was still out there

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    To be fair I've always wanted it gone and as more time goes on I feel like I'm proven more and more right. It was fine place for Dixon's original story arc, but it was unremarkable in every single way when it was introduced and should not be the place that "defined" the character for years afterwards.

I've repeated this a lot but Dick isn't from Bludhaven, he didn't grow up there, none of his family is from there, he didn't create any of his heroic identities there, none of his friends or other heroes are from there, none of the teams he was part of are there, and so on. To try and say Dick has some similar attachment to Bludhaven that a Bruce has to a Gotham is just absurd. It is an overvalued piece of history that fans need to move on from in my eyes.
    Chicago was a more better fit cuz of Zucco and Dick's old friend from the circus was also there. But I also think Dick works better traveling and staying in Gotham for 1-2 issue rather than claim a city.

Yeah but people were complaining about why Dick was in Gotham and then moved to Chicago since back then Infinite Crisis wasn't canon I believe and bludhaven was still out there
    At that time the complaints were more about how Dick was downgraded, and if his stint as Batman would matter now. I can't remember there ever being much outcry for Bludhaven's return.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was over at the Dream Comics thread trying to divide members of the massive Batman family between titles based on location and realized there's a huge imbalance. Most of the Batman family operates in Gotham, even people who disagree ideologically like Batman, Batwoman, and Red Hood. Even Burnside is actually a district in Gotham.

Some of them really should move to Bludhaven. It's a city, dang it. Divide it by district like Gotham and give them their own place to run around.

Some of them obviously can't since they have a home in Gotham, like the Fox family and the Row family, and the underage people in Wayne Manor that's tied to the Batman brand like Robin and Duke also can't, but the more nomadic heroes can, like Red Hood, Red Robin, Azrael, maybe even Catwoman.

Also Flamebird. It's not like Batwoman wants her.

Nightwing isn't that much of a stickler to rules like Batman or Batwoman, and the three Wayne bros have a pretty good relationship. Jason will probably be happier this way.

This doesn't mean they're subservient to Nightwing. They still have their own titles. Just set in a different location that's not Gotham.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-15-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think Jason or Dick should even have “home cities” that they primarily operate out of tbh

I say just give them a HQ of some sorts to operate out of and set them loose on the DCU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think Jason or Dick should even have “home cities” that they primarily operate out of tbh

I say just give them a HQ of some sorts to operate out of and set them loose on the DCU.
    What’s wrong with having a home? I okay for a 12 issue adventure around the world the universe the multi verse
    But to wander around all the time makes you a vagabond

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What’s wrong with having a home? I okay for a 12 issue adventure around the world the universe the multi verse
    But to wander around all the time makes you a vagabond
    What’s wrong with being a vagabond? Besides, I never said they shouldn’t have a home. Just that I think it would be a mistake for both characters to be kept cooped up in one city for to long.

Things can become too formulaic with stationary places. Which for characters like Dick can spell trouble. Though a lack of stability or consistency isn’t necessarily ideal either.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-16-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Dick grew up in a traveling circus. If any character is comfortable being a vagabond it would be him. There are only two places Dick should call "home". It would be Haly's Circus and Gotham. He has deep roots to those places.

Gotham is a fine place to collect himself between story arcs, or even use whatever is the Titans or JL base if you are inclined, but I don't see why Dick needs his own city that is completely dead weight to him with nothing of value in it to be considered a proper hero.