Page 182 of 295 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Best Robin costume. Looks badass and practical. They should make this his costume in the comics. They already gave Tim's staff to Dick. Why not go all in the costume too? It's basically iconic due to being used by Dick in outside media.
    Well sometimes you have to take back your stuff. This Robin was designed by Neal Adams for Dick Grayson in the then upcoming Burton Batman movie.

It was commissioned and paid for by WB. When the introduction of Robin was later pushed back DC execs loved the updated costume so much that they lobbied to have it for their new Robin in the comics [They were all set to launch their new Robin Tim with a brand new costume by Norm Beryfogle]

Neal Adams designed this outfit for Dick Grayson Robin.
    It was inspired by Dick Grayson, his Robin growing up and it's simply an updated version of his old costume
    The updates and revisions where based on Dick Grayson needs as an Acrobat and his personality.

He still calls it his Greatest gift to Dick Grayson in recent interviews.

Thanks for the Staff Tim [these days they give that to every Robin] but Big Bro's taking his costume back

The 'Best Suit' because it was inspired and designed for the Best Robin.

though I like Damian's suit's the best. Both the ones with the high lace up DM's and the current Al Ghul inspired one with the skirt. Plus Dami's got a Hoodie
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-22-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Didio said they want to fix the DC timeline maybe in 2020
    The Wally West Flash Forward series is set to kick off the 2020 event
    80th anniversary of Detective Comics #38 is in 2020

Now assuming Ric's Year of The Villain doesn't happen before Event Leviathan where Ric can be turned into a Talon or somehow Dr. Dedalus manage to revive inside Dick's mind to take over his body and destroy the spy world using the name Leviathan... which I can only find out once they do an actual reveal... I was hoping on October 2019 since that's exactly a year after Ric debuted...

There will be another year of Ric just in time for his 80th anniversary and the line-wide timeline fixing.

I... at least make him a Talon for the remainder of the year.

Is this Year of The Villain thing going to last... yeah I think it's gonna last a year. It's the darkness before the dawn that is the timeline fixing. They like to do that.

Also, Dick is Nightwing again in Doomsday Clock which is supposed to take place a year from "now" so it kinda fits...

You know what... leading up to 2020 event with Wally trying to fix things, Dick as a Talon for Year of The Villain, and Roy revived as Leviathan sounds like something they do. Each of the broken has a role leading up to a revival.
    But why? Why drag this rubbish out? What is the point of Ric story arc? It's not interesting, it's not interesting or controversial, it add's nothing of value to any character, DC, any IP, any creator. What is the point?

Even if they are planning on a big universe fix, what is the point of carrying on this ****? They can fix it without dragging Dick Grayson through the muck.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    But why? Why drag this rubbish out? What is the point of Ric story arc? It's not interesting, it's not interesting or controversial, it add's nothing of value to any character, DC, any IP, any creator. What is the point?

Even if they are planning on a big universe fix, what is the point of carrying on this ****? They can fix it without dragging Dick Grayson through the muck.
    At this point all that makes sense is that they're doing this so Dick is off the table, out of sight and out of mind. Didio can't justify cancelling the book when it's one of DC's most reliable titles, he can't justify killing the character when even a whiff of that sends fandom into a rage-induced fury (he's tried it before) but what he *can* do is push Dick into a status quo and direction that completely cuts him off from everyone and everything else; the Bat clan, the Titans, big Events, our homeless drunk wants nothing to do with any of it.

Didio's found a way to kill Dick Grayson without actually killing Dick Grayson.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

IMHO, King needed Batman alone in City of Bane, so they decided the amnesia plot: Ric doesn't care about his past, so he doesn't go to help Bruce. I don't believe in what he said about Zatanna, King lied before, and he clearly planned a Batman broken and alone for this arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    IMHO, King needed Batman alone in City of Bane, so they decided the amnesia plot: Ric doesn't care about his past, so he doesn't go to help Bruce. I don't believe in what he said about Zatanna, King lied before, and he clearly planned a Batman broken and alone for this arc.
    How can he be a lone with the gigantic family, you can't take them all out

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    I understand that Batman is a Juggernut. One of the most valuable properties in the world but DC's pin everything on Batman Strategy is lazy and blocks growth.

I'm used to DC favouring Batman over others. I'm used to them using other characters as devices to drive his plot but this is too much.
    Like @Ascended said. They are killing Dick Grayson without killing him . This is worse than if they killed him off. They are killing interest in this character. I'm at a point where I'm tapped out. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to be angry.

Batman isolated from everyone he cares about. Dick getting shot. Loss of memory. Bane breaking the Bat. Batman proposing and then getting dumped.

These are hardly original or fresh ideas. These have been done before and executed without throwing icons under the bus.

King's Masterpiece of regurgitated idea's isn't worth one good character. DC is making a very stupid mistake in allowing creators and others with a vested interest tarnish these long serving characters like Dick and Wally.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-22-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Didio said they want to fix the DC timeline maybe in 2020
    Actually, he said that they're making a timeline. As in a set timeline, from Year 0 stuff to the present, and then probably far future stuff like Bendis-Legion stuff. Maybe someone will work Batman Beyond stuff in, and maybe Snyder will get to throw in JSA stuff in the past, as well as Kamandi and JL One Million stuff in the future. It means nothing good for Nightwing fans, especially since it's probably going to be more like the N52 and make Dick start as Robin at 15-16, spend like two years with the Teen Titans, and maybe even skip over his time as Batman and a Spyral agent entirely because they couldn't care less.

What we do know about the Year of the Villain is that there's supposed to be a "Takeover" in November with special covers, so by then we should either have William Cobb hijacking the book, or Ric as a Talon. Who knows what they have planned after that.

King's stuff is still not done and won't be until Batman #85, then he'll get to play by himself with Batman/Catwoman and hopefully leave Nightwing fans alone.
    Snyder's Doom War hasn't started yet so who knows when that'll end and if they plan to relaunch any books with that (worse, we don't know for sure if Nightwing is one they want to relaunch, as much as it would make sense to).
    Snyder himself has said Doomsday Clock is its own thing (when referring to how his JSA content works with Johns'), there's a high likelihood that it'll either retcon itself out or is already just being ignored, just think about Bendis aging up Jon and sending him to the future with the Legion. On top of that, we have no idea when Doomsday Clock will end due to all the delays.
    Back to Bendis, we also don't know what he'll do next after Leviathan and what that means for the DCU. So sure, we might get evil Roy, but that doesn't indicate anything about a revival of Nightwing or the Titans.
    Didio has also said he's going to put Wally through the wringer again the next year (a joke or...? hard to say with him) so Flash Forward doesn't mean anything for Nightwing either.
    There's also the likelihood that Donna is one of the corrupted heroes as part of Batman/Superman, so that's another Titan down. It's a lot more likely that DC is currently looking at the Titans as fodder and not thinking about some grand revival, as unfortunate as that is.

Typing all that out actually kind of hurt lol. But on the more positive side, yeah, next year is Dick's 80th. I'm sure they'll do something, eventually, even if it only turns out halfway decent like Batman and Robin Eternal did for the 75th. The problem with DC and Nightwing besides anniversaries is the same one we've discussed in this thread multiple times, so I'll leave that out.

If you're a Nightwing fan, turn your attention elsewhere because there are creators out there that love Dick Grayson and the DCU, and they want to tell good stories. Titans, Young Justice, Lost Carnival, etc.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 07-22-2019 at 01:34 PM.

NIGHTWING #65
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    variant cover by POP MHAN
    While the Nightwings do their best to contain the situation in Blüdhaven, Ric faces off against Talon! But the battle is one not just of brawn, as Ric’s psyche is taken to its limits when he learns about his family history for the first time since his memory was wiped. Will Ric Grayson at last become the Gray Son of Gotham he was destined to be, or will he choose the life he’s been trying to establish for himself in Blüdhaven?
    ON SALE 10.16.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

NIGHTWING ANNUAL #2
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by TRAVIS MOORE
    cover by DAN JURGENS and NORM RAPMUND
    The bullet that shattered Nightwing’s life was the shot fired by the KGBeast in the now-infamous BATMAN #55—and it changed the course of Dick “Ric” Grayson’s career. Gone were the memories and alliances that once defined him, replaced by a near blank-slate persona.
    Now go inside those early moments of Ric’s new life, his strained reunion with a stranger named Bruce Wayne and an entire life turned upside down. But amid the chaos lies opportunity…not for Ric, but for an old foe who’s been waiting a lifetime for a moment like this. Echoes of the past return in a story that tees up Nightwing’s own Year of the Villain!
    ON SALE 10.30.19
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

MTU2MzgyNTczNA==.jpgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjEvMDA1L29yaWdpbmFsL05XXzY1X2NvbG9yLmpwZz8x.jpgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjEvMDA2L29yaWdpbmFsL05XX0FOTi5DT1YuNjAwQ0xS.jpg
    Last edited by Lazurus33; 07-22-2019 at 02:43 PM.

ACETATE COVER — ADVANCE SOLICITATION ON SALE IN NOVEMBER
    NIGHTWING #66
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    acetate cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    card stock variant cover by WARREN LOUW
    William Cobb has taken the Nightwings down one by one, leaving Ric on his own in a Blüdhaven that is literally aflame. Cobb offers Ric a chance to save his city by at last fulfilling his legacy as the Gray Son and becoming the new Talon and leading the Court of Owls into a new age.
    ON SALE 11.20.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    card stock variant cover $4.99
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Please note the acetate covers will be available on first printings only.

MTU2MzgyMTI0Nw==.jpgMTU2MzgyMTIyMw==.jpgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjAvODg4L29yaWdpbmFsL05UV19DdjY2X1BSRVZJRVdT.jpg

Extraordinary Member

What a dream come true if all the nightswings get killed and dick is talon for a while I could handle that

Incredible Member

Please become a Talon. Can't believe I'm saying this but..... that would be a step in the right direction

I understand that Batman is a Juggernut. One of the most valuable properties in the world but DC's pin everything on Batman Strategy is lazy and blocks growth.

I'm used to DC favouring Batman over others. I'm used to them using other characters as devices to drive his plot but this is too much.
    Like @Ascended said. They are killing Dick Grayson without killing him . This is worse than if they killed him off. They are killing interest in this character. I'm at a point where I'm tapped out. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to be angry.

Batman isolated from everyone he cares about. Dick getting shot. Loss of memory. Bane breaking the Bat. Batman proposing and then getting dumped.

These are hardly original or fresh ideas. These have been done before and executed without throwing icons under the bus.

King's Masterpiece of regurgitated idea's isn't worth one good character. DC is making a very stupid mistake in allowing creators and others with a vested interest tarnish these long serving characters like Dick and Wally.
    You're telling me. Dick, Donna and Wally are mine top three character, I like Titans franchise more than everything else. When Rebirth starter, my pulling list had 9 comics, now it's only 4. They're loosing readers and money, and just don't care.

About the solicits: making Dick a Talon will be interesting, even if this still looks like "making all the Titans bad guys". At least, the book can have a direction.
    Last edited by L.H.; 07-22-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

They're burning the city. I TOLD YOU! Or at least, I talked about it in a thread a few months back. Wow, I cannot believe someone else's thought it was a good idea. Or an idea good enough.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-22-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Nightwings. Bea. Blud. The cab. Anything & everything associated with Ric is contaminated & must be burned.

Ric being a cabbie during the insanity of Bane’s takeover of Gotham could’ve been kinda fun though.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope this Court of Owls/Talon storyline is the impetus for finally resolving all of this.