Page 198 of 295 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Really loved today's YJ episode. It really emphasizes how Dick has been struggling with Wally's death, which seems to be one of his main arcs this season.

Makes it more sad that despite the state that both of them are in in the comics, neither has acknowledged the other.
    I also loved the episode. Really, it felt kinda like the episode I've really been waiting to see since S1 ended lol. Dick featured heavily in the first half of this season (arguably more than he did in Invasion), but the second half has felt lacking up until recently. Then this episode happened and man am I glad it did. They really set up the finale well, too. Really curious to see where they go from there.

spoilers:
    There's also the theory that the next season is going to take inspiration from Final Crisis. At first, I was only expecting that to extend to Batman and Martian Manhunter dying, the former by Darkseid's hand (well, eye beams) specifically. Then I started to think how cool it'd be if Wally replaced Barry, which got me thinking about the other original Team members replacing their mentors and.... well, I used to think Bruce was going to die and Dick would step up and take Tim as his Robin (like in BatmanL Prodigal) and raise Damian as his own. Now I'm thinking Dick and M'gann will sacrifice themselves soon to reflect their mentors' deaths in FC. Not sure how to feel about that, but I'm still excited either way. Hey, maybe we'd get a Return of Dick Grayson in YJ instead of Bruce Wayne. Who knows?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 08-20-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Rejoice, the Nightwing #63 preview is here. And yes it’s just more typical recap padding that every issue if this out dated **** run starts with. Jurgans is terrible. Where is the god damn urgency for a book that’s on it way out of the top 100. These old protected creators need to go. They are so lazy and unmotivated, and so thier work is just lazy and unmotivated.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's a little bit more pleasant now that he's training the Wings and therefore sounds smarter and closer to Nightwing. He's still separating himself from Nightwing but he's no longer saying "My name is Ric Grayson"

That stupid dirt mask still needs to go.

They don't need to be urgent since the title's on lock for an event and people... well, at least Tumblr, are looking forward to Talon Dick since they've been fanfiction-ing it since The Court of Owls came out. That issue's gonna sell and save the title before people even realize they're reading Talon Ric and not Talon Dick.

Beyond that, there's the annual detailing how he woke up and interact with Batman as Ric. This is also something they've been waiting for, so that issue's also sold.

The real question is what comes after that. Are they gonna return him to Nightwing post Year of The Villain or are we gonna have a Talon for the next year.

December solicitations is so far away.

I wish people realized what the recap is for. Someone randomly buying the newest issue of Nightwing after watching the newest episode of Young Justice or watching the Titans S2 trailer is going to be completely lost without some sort of recap to explain why Nightwing is technically not about Nightwing anymore. The recap is not a problem, it's the direction itself. The recap is really not indicative of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I wish people realized what the recap is for. Someone randomly buying the newest issue of Nightwing after watching the newest episode of Young Justice or watching the Titans S2 trailer is going to be completely lost without some sort of recap to explain why Nightwing is technically not about Nightwing anymore. The recap is not a problem, it's the direction itself. The recap is really not indicative of anything.
    Like anyone looking for Young Justice/Titans Nightwing is going to care for Ric, recap or not

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Thomas wayne insults Dick, calls him a 'pretender to the throne, destined to fall" in batman 77
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's a little bit more pleasant now that he's training the Wings and therefore sounds smarter and closer to Nightwing. He's still separating himself from Nightwing but he's no longer saying "My name is Ric Grayson"

That stupid dirt mask still needs to go.

They don't need to be urgent since the title's on lock for an event and people... well, at least Tumblr, are looking forward to Talon Dick since they've been fanfiction-ing it since The Court of Owls came out. That issue's gonna sell and save the title before people even realize they're reading Talon Ric and not Talon Dick.

Beyond that, there's the annual detailing how he woke up and interact with Batman as Ric. This is also something they've been waiting for, so that issue's also sold.

The real question is what comes after that. Are they gonna return him to Nightwing post Year of The Villain or are we gonna have a Talon for the next year.

December solicitations is so far away.
    This is the event arc, and yet still Jurgans can’t be bothered to get off his ass on this book. The covers have done more for the Year of Villain story on this book then Jurgans and his endless recapping has. The Annual probably won’t even crack the top 100 (the last one didn’t). That’s how flatlined the sales for this book have become.

And while yes the event and covers will probably help bump orders a bit regardless, you still would think there would be some urgency to have to do better when a writer is at all time lows with a title. But no, not with these protected old guys. Cause it doesn’t matter for them if their work is **** or how it performs. Which just sucks that this is what the book and character has become now, fodder for DC’s good old boys to have something to do. Who are completely unmotivated, and have no reason to be motivated.

Readers aren’t just gonna come back because they make him Nightwing again or even a Talon. Not after more then a years worth of callous ****, and not with these out of touch boring creators, who’s name and work don’t move crap in the current market anymore, writing these boring padded no effort stories. Regardless of tumblr art.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Ya, the every issue is someone’s first line. Because new readers are flocking to this every issue, and on average recap requires at least 5 pages or more per issue LoL. And not too mention that reads so well in trades too. Come on, the real reason every issue of this run spends a third, and sometimes even half, the pages repeating the same thing is because it’s a lazy way to fill in the art and pad out the issue. Notice how they never recap the actual story going on, cause there is none. Show me one other current book today abusing recap like this series has. Grayon, which similarly had Dick in an unfamiliar situation, didn’t waste pages every single issue repeating the same boring thing each issue. That fell out of style long ago, and is really only seen anymore with these old creators who are creatively dried up and just use it as an easy way to fill up the art and knock out some of the early pages.

The direction itself is now just a mask, something for the bad and lazy work being done to hide behind, and this blatant abuse of the recap sure as hell is indicative of the kind of creative effort being put into this direction. The creators on this are creatively tapped out and just pad issue after issue. The lazy work and uninspired padded stories is a major reason why this direction has been so bad. Though when all is said and done, they’ll just go well readers just weren’t open to Ric. We already saw this cop out with Lobdell at the end of his garbage run. The direction is what they made of it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-21-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    Thomas wayne insults Dick, calls him a 'pretender to the throne, destined to fall" in batman 77
    end of spoilers
    I feel like I've heard that before. Different Bat character, different Bat villain.

Godlike13, it's gonna sell anyway because it's a landmark issue. People say they're angry about Ric yet the sale on that issue doubled the usual. Now they're getting something that interests them.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-21-2019 at 03:08 AM.

Sucks. In the UK so can't really enjoy Dick in YJ or the Titans yet

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That's unnecessary. Just why?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    12.jpg

Batman #77

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Like anyone looking for Young Justice/Titans Nightwing is going to care for Ric, recap or not
    Of course they won't, never argued otherwise. Doesn't matter who you are, you pick up Nightwing you're not getting Nightwing. Of course they have to try to justify it.

And about this Thomas Wayne thing, it really doesn't matter. It's an evil Wayne who is 100% a silly villain. Still, the book is from King so you never know what he's thinking.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Would that also make him one as well

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I feel like I've heard that before. Different Bat character, different Bat villain.

Godlike13, it's gonna sell anyway because it's a landmark issue. People say they're angry about Ric yet the sale on that issue doubled the usual. Now they're getting something that interests them.
    Ric never doubled anything, and 62 barley got a bump from YotV.

Read the issue, doesn’t remotely resemble any of the solic LoL. It’s more typical useless padding till the last 5 pages. And of course they pussed out, rather then make a real example. The cover again pretty much covers all that really happens in this issue. No joke this story so far has had as much development and dept as the covers. Also Talon is weird. Doesn’t seem to be a zombie anymore, which boring, and is now kind of a mustache twirler.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-21-2019 at 11:12 AM.