Page 70 of 295 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

Detective Comics 1000 variant by Rodolfo Migliari
    https://twitter.com/HarlowC/status/1...026822656?s=20
    Not a fan of this. Why do artists keep reminding us of this reprehensible suit.
    This would have been fantastic if Dick wasn't dressed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Reprehensible? Him and Babs are wearing their classic suits on the one thousandth issue of Tec to celebrate the history of Batman...

Would you prefer the n52 robin suit, cuz...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Reprehensible? Him and Babs are wearing their classic suits on the one thousandth issue of Tec to celebrate the history of Batman...

The Titans version of his N52 suit has been his best Robin suit so far tbh

Yes I would prefer the new 52 suit. Classic doesn't mean right or good or tasteful and while I get that it is history and all that. This is a suit I hate and I wish DC would just erase it. It's a joke at best and sinister at worst.

Incredible Member

Yes I would prefer the new 52 suit. Classic doesn't mean right or good or tasteful and while I get that it is history and all that. This is a suit I hate and I wish DC would just erase it. It's a joke at best and sinister at worst.
    The N52 suit really isn't that bad except for the lack of belt. If that was there, it wouldn't recieve much criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    The N52 suit really isn't that bad except for the lack of belt. If that was there, it wouldn't recieve much criticism.
    Nah. The problem is how visually "busy" it is. Without simplifying whats there, a belt would probably just make matters worse.

BANNED

Nah. The problem is how visually "busy" it is. Without simplifying whats there, a belt would probably just make matters worse.
    I remember fans begging DC for a new Robin look for decades--the one he wore for meeting the JSA Robin was pretty good--and being told it couldn't be changed due to copyright and marketing.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Just because you find it distasteful doesn't mean it should be erased from history. It's not a bad suit...a little more on display than the usual super hero outfit. And it's definitely not "sinister."

I actually love his original suit, scaly panties and all. I just think it's such a strong design. But yeah, it is totally weird and unrealistic and maybe even creepy. But it's comics and it's fun to celebrate the past like this. Love the cover. Panties need more scales, though.

There is something I love in the way Dick and Babs look so proud and totally focused on something else as Bruce is looking the other way, at Gordon... lol

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    There is something I love in the way Dick and Babs look so proud and totally focused on something else as Bruce is looking the other way, at Gordon... lol
    I’m ashamed to admit that I didn’t even notice Bruce or Gordon were on the cover at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Just because you find it distasteful doesn't mean it should be erased from history. It's not a bad suit...a little more on display than the usual super hero outfit. And it's definitely not "sinister."
    Which is why why I said wish not should. You missed that part didn't you?

How much it displays is just one of the many problems. The suit Offers no protection and isn't tactical in any way. the others[Bruce and Babs] at least can blend into the background.

It is objectively a bad suit.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-25-2019 at 05:43 PM.

BANNED

Dick has better legs than Barbara.

Which is why why I said wish not should. You missed that part didn't you?

How much it displays is just one of the many problems. The suit Offers no protection and isn't tactical in any way. the others[Bruce and Babs] at least can blend into the background.

It is objectively a bad suit.

See, and then you said “objective.” This is fantasy. Comics have always exostes in a sliding scale of realism. “Tactical” didn’t matter in 40s comics like today. Calling it objectively bad is anachronistic. It certainly doesn’t fit the contemporary comic climate, but that’s not the point of the cover.

“Subjectively bad” makes perfect sense. It’s jot my favorite robin suit either. “Objectively bad,” though, is quite the claim.