Page 225 of 295 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4424
    Incredible Member

Grayson as Batman was so well received. Why wouldn’t they call him up again? That would be a great return to the big Leagues.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey... where do you think they're taking Dick next year if Luke will be the only one left to fill in the suit?

Jason's not in good relation and Jean Paul's still in space... I think... or is he infected now?

When Gordon got the suit it's because Bruce didn't have time to write a will before he died and amnesiac so the government took over.
    It could be as simple as Dick saying he only recently became whole again and needs to reestablish himself and being Batman does not get that done.

Or they could cripple him. Who can say?

Dick is going to get his ass beat up and ultimately declare Luke as a better successor then he ever was. Cause well, that’s how these things tend to go. And when Didio says they have ‘plans’, that usually means they don’t have ****.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-24-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Rumor has it Didio said they're bringing Dick back because he's a part of plans for next year.

So he will either mentor the new Batman or he will be with the Titans.
    The plans I could think of is a kind of 80th-anniversary celebration, Titans relaunching, or DC timeline realignment. The last celebration lasted almost a year but that time it involved almost the whole family.

Does Luke need mentoring? I don't know him skill-wise but if they're trying to make him pretend to be Bruce unless they're planning to cover his face too, people would recognize it at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Or he'll put the costume back on just so Didio can canon fodder him in the next Event.
    You mean like he became Batman, but immediately jettisoned into another dimension to... I don't know... became lost in space so Wally can save him, so that leaves only Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick will be doing the same things he was doing before all the Ric crap I think. He will be Nightwing stuck in Bludhaven and probably running some mediocre Titans team book relaunch while working under the JL. They are just going to have Dick say he can't leave Bludhaven or the Titans and why they will have to have a new Batman or something like that.
    Dick protecting Bludhaven is the reason why he's not Batman at the end of Arkham Knight so it could be as simple as that.

Titans will inevitably relaunch, especially with Nightwing coming to the series soon, but do you think they're just gonna continue doing the same thing? Usually, relaunch comes with a different plan. I'm guessing this one depends on whatever the DCU will look like after Year of The Villain.

Either way, Dan Abnett better not return, he's gonna blame Donna Troy being infected by Batman Who Laughs as her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Grayson as Batman was so well received. Why wouldn’t they call him up again? That would be a great return to the big Leagues.
    They already decided not to call him back again. Snyder because he wanted to do something different. Whoever decided on Luke, we don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    It could be as simple as Dick saying he only recently became whole again and needs to reestablish himself and being Batman does not get that done.

Or they could cripple him. Who can say?
    Too soon. They like doing that but there's always an interval.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick is going to get his ass beat up and ultimately declare Luke as a better successor then he ever was. Cause well, that’s how these things tend to go. And when Didio says they have ‘plans’, that usually means they don’t have ****.
    Looking at their history they're more likely just gonna ignore Dick and proceed with Luke, first choice or not.

His "plans" coincide with things I already guess gonna happen like Dick's 80th birthday and Titans regrouping after all the ordeal their members went through and finally maybe catch up with the series. Flash Forward should only last until next year as well. But beyond those two relaunches, I don't think there will be anything special as well because the events leading up to this point shouldn't even have to happen.

DC has this weird habit of putting characters down before raising them up that I don't know where they... oh wait, I answered this before, it's because their popular stories are like this. Death and Return of Superman, Knightfall, Killing Joke if you wanna count it. Put the hero through the wringer then triumphant return. Only the recent ones are very obvious quick cash grab that's not even successful sometimes where they're trying to repeat past success without realizing what made those older stories work.

Lol yes their big plan for him is to bring him back so he can job to someone.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

DC has a habit of tearing characters down under bad writers and failed poorly executed ideas, then promising vague "plans" that never happen or amount to very little in actuality. Your kidding yourself if you think this is a conscious attempt at some sort of a Born Again. This we have ‘plans’ is classic Didio speak.

Dick is not Batman or Superman, they don’t make plans with Dick. They react and just try to make **** up last minute with whatever they have around at the time. His New 52 series, Grayson, Ric. None of these were the results of them having plans for the character. All were cobbled together last minute and reactionary. We just got lucky with Grayson in that in their poor management of accidentally double booking the book it resulted into something good for a change.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-24-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

DC has a habit of tearing characters down under bad writers and failed poorly executed ideas, then promising vague "plans" that never happen or amount to very little in actuality. Your kidding yourself if you think this is a conscious attempt at some sort of a Born Again. This we have ‘plans’ is classic Didio speak.

Dick is not Batman or Superman, they don’t make plans with Dick. They react and just try to make **** up last minute with whatever they have around at the time. His New 52 series, Grayson, Ric. None of these were the results of them having plans for the character. All were cobbled together last minute and reactionary. We just got lucky with Grayson in that in their poor management of accidentally double booking the book it resulted into something good for a change.
    Higgins had a plan for NW though. He got derailed a lot but I remember back when Grayson started, he said on some forum(can't remember name) that he had a blueprint for the run up until 50. It involved a flashback to robin quitting because batman wouldn't let him catch zucco, that was for the arc where present day zucco breaks out. A start to the arc of the former Chicago sidekick killing all capes, and more on dick's friend that is in chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Higgins had a plan for NW though. He got derailed a lot but I remember back when Grayson started, he said on some forum(can't remember name) that he had a blueprint for the run up until 50. It involved a flashback to robin quitting because batman wouldn't let him catch zucco, that was for the arc where present day zucco breaks out. A start to the arc of the former Chicago sidekick killing all capes, and more on dick's friend that is in chicago.
    Man they all had "plans" for him Higgins had a 50 issue plan so did seeley and king for grayson and now percy's run. It don't matter.

As long as nightwing remains just a side character and a poor man's version of another more popular character this is all we're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Higgins run didn’t even have its own direction till over a year in. The artist even needed fill ins by issue 3. The new 52 series was a rush job. Higgins didn’t even know what his characters history was anymore. He might have eventually came up with a plan for his run, but even that came about in reaction to DotF and was being made up from there. Higgins run was made up as they went, and it was the lowest on the totem pole. Under the whims of not just Batman, but even Lobdell’s bullshit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-25-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Man they all had "plans" for him Higgins had a 50 issue plan so did seeley and king for grayson and now percy's run. It don't matter.

As long as nightwing remains just a side character and a poor man's version of another more popular character this is all we're going to get.
    I feel like we get a variation of this statement every 6 pages all year long

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel like we get a variation of this statement every 6 pages all year long
    Yea in tired of complaining, I'll try to be more positive.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, I'm aware of all that. That's why I said I still won't buy it until I see them can stop interfering for at least 5 years since my previous 1-year time limit didn't work.

DC only care about Dick if there's an event they can sell like his 75th anniversary, that's why I still think there will be something because they can sell his 80th anniversary, and they can sell Titan's comeback, but if it's just Nightwing on the regular they don't care.

Higgins run didn’t even have its own direction till over a year in. The artist even needed fill ins by issue 3. The new 52 series was a rush job. Higgins didn’t even know what his characters history was anymore. He might have eventually came up with a plan for his run, but even that came about in reaction to DotF and was being made up from there. Higgins run was made up as they went, and it was the lowest on the totem pole. Under the whims of not just Batman, but even Lobdell’s bullshit.
    This is unfair, Barrows got sick during the run. Are we just supposed to expect creators to be machines?

Editorial also made Higgins time on the book pretty sad honestly. A lot of people talk about his plans for Chicago, but screw that. He had plans for Deathstroke (he was the writer on Deathstroke at the start of the New 52) crossovers, as well as a team-up with Cyborg. That's just what he was comfortable talking about. Even the Owls story was something he planned with Snyder based on their collaboration with Gates of Gotham, but the way the New 52 went he had to do something completely different for Nightwing instead.

I'm not going to pretend his run was good, but being critical or pessimistic about something and being disrespectful towards real people are different things (even if Higgins and Barrows are probably never going to see your post lol).
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 09-25-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

i'm iffy on lobdell but what did he do in the new 52 to dick