Page 249 of 295 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4424
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...wing-annual-2/

That awful New 52 Robin costume is still being used. Crotch arrow and everything, lol.
    I actually think its cool that they're revisiting what happened. Feels like they've been throwing the accident under the rug since it happened and its not a bad way to spend an annual.
    I do believe the Ric Grayson storyline is MUCH better now than how it started out. At least it has some kind of direction now and isn't a total bore to read. Jurgens imo is making the best out of a shitty situation that he and the previous writers got slapped with thanks to King.

Quote Originally Posted by Roliver Queen View Post
    I actually think its cool that they're revisiting what happened. Feels like they've been throwing the accident under the rug since it happened and its not a bad way to spend an annual.
    I do believe the Ric Grayson storyline is MUCH better now than how it started out. At least it has some kind of direction now and isn't a total bore to read. Jurgens imo is making the best out of a shitty situation that he and the previous writers got slapped with thanks to King.
    I read 62-65 just now. Don't worry, I didnt give DC any money for them. They aren't good. Even with a much more intriguing premise, a Dick who only remembers the circus joining the Talons, its still incredibly poorly written. Lazy writing. Horrible dialogue. Just really really bad. It took 4 issues for Dick to become a talon, and he didn't even choose it? It was a mcguffin. Really really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I read 62-65 just now. Don't worry, I didnt give DC any money for them. They aren't good. Even with a much more intriguing premise, a Dick who only remembers the circus joining the Talons, its still incredibly poorly written. Lazy writing. Horrible dialogue. Just really really bad. It took 4 issues for Dick to become a talon, and he didn't even choose it? It was a mcguffin. Really really poor.
    Um, yep...

I agree with not giving DC any money for it. But I can’t even be bothered to read it or follow along
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I agree with not giving DC any money for it. But I can’t even be bothered to read it or follow along
    I'm the same way. I can't be bothered to hate it (and I wish the creators no ill will), I just want it over with.

Spectacular Member

i stuck with nightwing since issue 50 and i actually come to care about the nightwings and since jurgens been writing it's been in an up swing an the annual is great
    Last edited by redmax99; 10-30-2019 at 04:29 AM.

The annual was actually good. Too bad the main book isn't.
    Bruce and Damian scenes were touching, especially Damian's.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Nightwing annual #2

nwan1.jpgnwan1b.jpgnwan2.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Nightwing annual #2

nwan1.jpgnwan1b.jpgnwan2.jpg
    Ah yeah, the old Retconspiracy. Conspiratsia. Yup yup.

Like it doesn't excuse a pretty blehhhh run of comic books but I'm still glad to see it happen. They're not going to make lemonade out of these lemons, but like ... sure. Yup. If you've got to steer that ship in a new direction and try to tie this into a more important narrative, yeah, do it this way.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The annual might have been ok if it existed in a vacuum, but it doesn’t. So to now try and show the family giving a shit after over a year of them being no where in sight except for Bab is just dumb, and it only gets dumber when you realize the Court of Owls went through all this just to slap magic goggles on his head a year later. Same goes for them as the Family, they did all this yet where the hell were they for the majority of this shitty run then. It’s like this was just some after the fact bull crap they came up with a year later . A deus ex machina for this Ric situation.

Also about Cobb, Cobb is a worker bee for the Court. They don’t operate account to what he wants. Jurgan’s Court and his Cobb continue to make no sense.

At the end of the day though the whys and how’s of Ric could have been forgiven if these old guys could have been bothered to come up with an actual likable characterization for Ric. But no, instead Ric remains as weak and unlikable as ever. Running away like bitch here, crying to his doctor, these boring out of touch writers still just don’t seem to understand that this does not make for an interesting or compelling fresh character that people are ever going to want to root for. Ric is lame. His motivations are lame, his thoughts are lame, his personality is lame. He is so cookie cutter and boring. His reactions here were just cooking cutter and boring. What good is “fresh lump of clay” in the hands of boring creators with no story or compelling vision for the character.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-30-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Ah yeah, the old Retconspiracy. Conspiratsia. Yup yup.

Like it doesn't excuse a pretty blehhhh run of comic books but I'm still glad to see it happen. They're not going to make lemonade out of these lemons, but like ... sure. Yup. If you've got to steer that ship in a new direction and try to tie this into a more important narrative, yeah, do it this way.
    I agree. I didn’t think this was bad at all.

The Court angle is done by January. It’s not a direction, it’s an arc. And a boring drawn out one at that. If this is what they are now saying Ric was created for, that arc should really be better then it has been.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-30-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Amazing Member

Okay... I'm not reading Nightwing, and haven't read the annual, but I saw a post online with some panels in it from the book (it's where Bruce shows Dick the video of him being shot... Which is nuts to begin with...) but there's a panel where "Ric" says his parents died because they were shot. Last I knew, the Grayson's died because their trapeze ropes were weakened. Has this been changed somewhere and somehow I missed it. I remember them dying because they fell, not that they were shot. Or did someone correct him later in the story. Cause that's a pretty big change to his origin if it is.

The Flying Graysons were shot in ASBR, and in this Annual they are also wearing the ASBR costume.
    I've read the Annual, and it was a mistake: I hate Ric even more. Bruce was awful and dumb, the Court of Owls plot seemed forced.
    Moore art was great, I love his Damian, and that's even more sad.
    Still waiting for Dick to come back, with a new writer.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    The Flying Graysons were shot in ASBR, and in this Annual they are also wearing the ASBR costume.
    I've read the Annual, and it was a mistake: I hate Ric even more. Bruce was awful and dumb, the Court of Owls plot seemed forced.
    Moore art was great, I love his Damian, and that's even more sad.
    Still waiting for Dick to come back, with a new writer.
    Okay... I'm a bit confused. I thought All-Star Batman and Robin was not the continuity that the Nightwing series was set in (again, I might be wrong with this). Am I really off-base here. Dick was not suppose to have the "fear" of guns that Bruce has because his parents weren't shot (at least, that's how I remember it). Is ASBR now the new continuity, or is everything just a toss-up anymore?

I don't mean to sound confusing... But this is kind of bugging me.