Page 166 of 295 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I was wondering how stuff like this would work when they marry Batman and Catwoman, as expected later this year.
    I dont know. I mean, although I assume there's challenges in communication and story limitations in these situations, it also happens enough (Clark-Diana, Ollie-Dinah, etc) that it's clearly not impossible to overcome. And Selina and Bruce are under the same editorial umbrella, which likely makes things easier since plans and conversations don't have to cross offices, just creators.

They could also always switch stuff up; showcase the marriage exclusively in one title (Bat-Cat or something?) and leave the solo's as-is (with the marriage in the background but nothing more) or cancel Catwoman so she doesn't have a solo.....who knows?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

It has been a bad year. Arguably Dick Grayson's worst since the downfall of the New Teen Titans or the Tarantula rape. It's very hard to hope and be optimistic. It's very hard to see a future where our boy is treated with the respect he deserves. He is fighting against the top management that is supposed to help him. Worse is that they won't listen to the fans. They are happy to put him on their pet writers who would rather write other characters. There is no passion.

But all of these made me realize, how much Dick Grayson has been a great role model in my life. There is no question he is cool and badass. But Dick Grayson represents a lot more than that. He represents facing and accepting the changes we experience in our life. I grew up with him from Robin to Nightwing. He taught me how to be a good man and find my place in the world. He also taught me to forgive and heal. I had a hard time growing up. Sometimes I want to just end it all, but Dick moved forward smiling and trying his best to be happy. He accepted the bad things and learned to forgive. I don't want to be Batman. I want to be Nightwing. Life is beautiful. I don't want to waste it being sad and miserable. Lastly, he taught me to be a good big brother and leader to those who look up to me. He taught me to be a good role model to others. That I am not alone and I don't fight the problems in my life alone. It made me stronger. People want to be the loner badass, but I have been there. I was only strong on the outside but inside I continue to doubt myself. It's not weakness to help or ask for help. It makes everyone stronger.

Sorry about the long post. But Dick is loved by a lot of people for a reason. I just want to remind you and give you hope that no matter what happens, DC can't take this from us. Some people say comics are for children only. But comics made this child into the good man I hope I am now. Thank you to all the creative people and fans who pushed Dick Grayson to the heights he is flying right now. The last Flying Grayson might fall but only to inevitably soar higher.

Man, he has the best name LoL.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    So I was just reading some of Cassandra's batgirl run. I didn't know she moved to bludhevan. Also what happened to nightwing?

I'm liking it so far but damn they went out if there way to make bludhevan as gritty and dirty as possible. But that tone dosen't fit nightwing at all. (it fits batman) when I think nightwing I think fun, sexy and cool not dark and gritty.

If dick is going to stay in bludhevan DC really needs to start having the city reflect the hero.
    The fun sexy Nightwing didn't actually start until Tim and Tom were on board. Higgins Nightwing was closer to Dixon Nightwing. While the fun part in Batman and Robin was to contrast Damian. He's fun when he's partnering to someone like Damian, Bruce, and sometimes even Tim, but In solo or Titans he's more serious.

So you can say that the fun sexy Nightwing is popularized by fans liking his interaction with the rest of the Batfam and all his love interest, and then Tim and Tom followed up on that since they said themselves they made the fanservice for Tumblr and make it official.

When in his Nightwing Seeley wrote Dick thinking "you gotta make it sexy and exciting like Nightwing" that's considered out of character by some old fans... sorry... I also consider it out of character since he's usually not that self-aware.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-13-2019 at 10:25 PM.

It's infuriating when he's reduced to that. Or any other broad characterization that reduces his complexity.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    but In solo or Titans he's more serious.
    Exactly in Titans or during his time with the Outsiders he was usually the most serious member on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It's infuriating when he's reduced to that. Or any other broad characterization that reduces his complexity.
    I wasn't talking about dick's character or personality. I was talking the nightwing ip/ concept.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    It has been a bad year. Arguably Dick Grayson's worst since the downfall of the New Teen Titans or the Tarantula rape. It's very hard to hope and be optimistic. It's very hard to see a future where our boy is treated with the respect he deserves. He is fighting against the top management that is supposed to help him. Worse is that they won't listen to the fans. They are happy to put him on their pet writers who would rather write other characters. There is no passion.

But all of these made me realize, how much Dick Grayson has been a great role model in my life. There is no question he is cool and badass. But Dick Grayson represents a lot more than that. He represents facing and accepting the changes we experience in our life. I grew up with him from Robin to Nightwing. He taught me how to be a good man and find my place in the world. He also taught me to forgive and heal. I had a hard time growing up. Sometimes I want to just end it all, but Dick moved forward smiling and trying his best to be happy. He accepted the bad things and learned to forgive. I don't want to be Batman. I want to be Nightwing. Life is beautiful. I don't want to waste it being sad and miserable. Lastly, he taught me to be a good big brother and leader to those who look up to me. He taught me to be a good role model to others. That I am not alone and I don't fight the problems in my life alone. It made me stronger. People want to be the loner badass, but I have been there. I was only strong on the outside but inside I continue to doubt myself. It's not weakness to help or ask for help. It makes everyone stronger.

Sorry about the long post. But Dick is loved by a lot of people for a reason. I just want to remind you and give you hope that no matter what happens, DC can't take this from us. Some people say comics are for children only. But comics made this child into the good man I hope I am now. Thank you to all the creative people and fans who pushed Dick Grayson to the heights he is flying right now. The last Flying Grayson might fall but only to inevitably soar higher.
    I feel very much the same way about him. Growing with him from Robin to Nightwing and the positivity he represented despite his beginnings. I even went so far as to write a letter expressing that and the disappointment with the current direction. Of course there was no response because as fans we arent as important.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I wasn't talking about dick's character or personality. I was talking the nightwing ip/ concept.
    As an IP, if you're talking about brand recognition and the optics and all that, you could far, far worse than marketing Nightwing as the "fun, sexy" alternative to the usually dour street level heroes like Bruce, Daredevil, etc. It's definitely something to lean into and have fun with, because the fans clearly have fun with it and it helps provide a sense of identity for the property. I mean, a good joke about Dick's ass (and a panel to go along with it) will probably get far more attention on social media than any marketing initiative DC cooks up. Fan service isn't always a bad thing and you can make it work for you, if you spin it right.

As a character, naturally Dick has more emotional range than that. Actually, I think he's got more range than most. He can be the serious, brooding dark knight or the happy joking bright knight, or anything in between, and it all fits and works for him. Most of the time, a character gets locked into one side of that equation or the other; always angsty or always funny, rarely both in equal measure. Dick has such great range as a character, a hero, and a IP.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

NIGHTWING #64

written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    variant cover by WARREN LOUW
    Blüdhaven explodes in violence as a riot erupts in the streets. Ric can’t face this alone, so he’ll have to enlist the support of the Nightwings. Meanwhile, Talon has taken Bea captive to lure Ric into his grasp and reintroduce him (for the first time, in Ric’s memory) to the Court of Owls.
    ON SALE 09.18.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details

Looks like Ric finally got some new clothes. Though how is he not basically Nightwing at this point looking like that. This is just so dumb, every thing that comes out of Ric’s mouth is just continuously contradicted by what they have him do. Is there seriously no one to point this out to these clueless creators. That by having him say this over and over, and then have him do this. It just makes everyone involved look dumb. Including themselves.
    But at this point I think they are probably now just trying to conform more out of desperation, while at the same time still don’t want to just throw Ric out window. Cause of course then they would have to come up with something else, and that would require more work then anyone on this book wants to put in. So now we have this Ric that even dresses like Nightwing, because that will appease fans and maybe keep the book in the top 100. Boy is this Nightwing team the cream of the crop, LoL. Ugh, whatever. I see that the variant artists still want nothing to do with Ric or the Nightwings.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-14-2019 at 03:16 PM.

He's not Nightwing, he's CW Nightwing.

I do dig that hair though.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Still Ric in september, I am a little scared here now
    Titans season starts in October I dont want a second go round where dick grayson is getting the most media attention he ever has and He is not their to bask in it

Dick is going to be Ric into 2020. Hell its probably gonna last longer then Grayson even. It’s not going to end until someone or something like a new initiative makes the Bat office and this Nightwing team stop. Cause it’s less work to just ride it out with protected good old boy creators, then end it and try to find new creators to come up with something else. The comic division doesn’t care what other divisions do. At least when it comes to certain characters.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-14-2019 at 03:11 PM.

So 11 months into Ric they give him some shitty looking blue costume? What is the fucking point now? Who cares? The complete lack of any self awareness this run has had is just staggering.

Astonishing Member

When will this Ric nonsense be over?!!! DC is trolling the readers at this point.