Page 118 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4424

There are still people out there that defend the story and say it isn't as bad as people think. So I can see DC just running with it for years and trying to win the long game where they just wear people down and eventually win by making people think it was such a seminal event for the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Unfortunately, ya I can also see that. Rather then risk any culpability, or admit that anyone did a bad job, they’ll just spin it. I feel like we already seen Lobdell try to spin it as readers not giving it a chance.
    we have given him chances and thank you next

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    There are still people out there that defend the story and say it isn't as bad as people think. So I can see DC just running with it for years and trying to win the long game where they just wear people down and eventually win by making people think it was such a seminal event for the character.
    No, I refuse it. This cannot continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It'll end sooner or later. We need to be more vocal about our distain for the direction. If anyone here is still buying, please stop.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I mean Dick will be back calling himself Dick and be Nightwing again this year, but what I mean is that I can see DC constantly referencing and using this Ric garbage for years to come to try and make it seem like it was some big turning point and story for the character and not treating it like the disaster it really is.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

for it to be a disaster, it needs to be a disaster first. For them. And sales not going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    for it to be a disaster, it needs to be a disaster first. For them. And sales not going down.
    The big and exciting direction change that was tied into and spawned from DC's highest selling solo book (Batman) resulted in zero gain. Historically the book is selling at around the lowest levels in Nightwing's history, and without the variant cover incentives it would be the lowest in Nightwing's history likely. Nightwing has a floor in terms of the minimum it will sell because it is a fairly popular IP and it is at that now. It won't suddenly tank into the sub 20Ks.

When you do a sudden direction change and put new creative talent on the book that usually results in a bump in sales. The Batgirl series saw this and she has been selling ahead of Nightwing for a while I think. So when you add that to the fan reaction and how creators are kind of fleeing the book I would call it a disaster, but I know DC never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Because current sales are already at the floor. The point was to get it off the floor, like we saw with Batgirl. Ric has done nothing, a foil cover did more. And whats more with all the development mess no more double ship. They'll also see the true impact of Ric with the next thing they try to do with Dick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-17-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Go lower! XD
    It's not 0, so it should be able to go down further

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well someone asked Grant Morrison today in his Reddit AMA if he had any plans to ever write Dick again and the answer was "I love the character but no."

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...eator/el4nyoj/

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I can't see an amnesia story be dragged out for years. I think it'll probably be wrapped up by the end of 2019, if not this time next year.

He saying he could see DC trying to refer back to it as a pivotal story in the character’s history for years to come, instead of the poorly edited and executed lazy trash that it actually is. Not that it’s going to actually last for years.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-17-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It'll end sooner or later. We need to be more vocal about our distain for the direction. If anyone here is still buying, please stop.
    Also, when the new (old) direction returns, get your friends to buy it too. Talk about it online, recommend it to everyone. As long as its good, of course. If quality Nightwing can raise the sales ceiling, DC will have more reason to put effort into it. And yes, if sales fall they'll also have more incentive to put in some effort. Punish the crappy Nightwing, but reward the good ones. That's how you raise kids and keep a company honest.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I can't see an amnesia story be dragged out for years. I think it'll probably be wrapped up by the end of 2019, if not this time next year.
    Yeah, I said I think the amnesia thing will end this year but I can see DC using this terrible Ric story as a reference point for years and years afterwards inflating its "importance".

Incredible Member

Comrades,
    I have to make it stop somehow.
    We are all here because of our loyalty to the Dick Grayson character.
    I admit I have had some rewarding times recently....Dick taking over as Batman, training a new Robin, leading the young Justice team on television, leaving Gotham to become a world- trotting spy... but that’s all gone.
    Grayson has been my favorite character for a very long time. I bought “Robin Dies at Dawn” off the racks.
    But this is one of the worst funny books I ever read.
    I will be stepping away from it.
    I will check in here on occasion to see if Dick ever returns, and is no longer kicked around by editorial.