Page 130 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4424

Ric is too popular, and their plans to complex, to be interrupted.

LoL, no honesty though involving Dick or Ric in Year a Villain like that would probably require more work that anyone at the current Bat office would be willing to put in on the character. I wouldn’t expect anything more then a by the numbers, dragged out, old school decompressed lazy story arc involving the Court. Busy work for the good old boys is what the book and character is now. A book to pad out their stable, but not one anyone actually gives a crap if anyone is working hard or doing even a half decent job on. They are probably loving Ric even, as it give them something to hide behind. Oh no, its not that we are doing bad work. People just aren’t giving Ric a chance. Lobdell ended his crap arc with that spineless bullshit even.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-05-2019 at 04:27 PM.

The whole set up is dumb. I mean apparently Lex goes to the Court and offers them Dick or something, which is what they always wanted except for when they didn't care about him and wanted Bruce when they were introduced, but the thing is that as Ric right now Dick poses no threat or challenge to the Court. They can kill him or take him whenever they want. Dick is a fucking homeless cab driver. What can he offer the Court now anyway? Or what can Lex offer the count in relation to Dick that matters? There is no story there because Ric is such a dead end of creativity, and even the Court is a dead end at this point.

So Lex is going around and offering something to villains and some heroes to tie into this Year of the Villain event and I think the Court thing is just the only thing DC could think of to use as a tie in. I don't see it going anywhere like all these garbage tie ins they do for these kind of stories. So I doubt that Dick will be one of the turned characters because it would invalidate the whole Rick crap they have been doing. Since no one would give a **** if they turned Ric's character evil or whatever crap they are planning with these characters in the event. Most would celebrate Ric going evil which is the complete opposite reaction they want for these evil heroes.

Free rides.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Ric/Dick was mentioned as possibly being one of the six characters who is working for the Batman Who Laughs.
    That would at least be more interesting. It would be something. Have we got an evil Dick Grayson story in the main universe that's not a parallel universe Dick Grayson like Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The whole set up is dumb. I mean apparently Lex goes to the Court and offers them Dick or something, which is what they always wanted except for when they didn't care about him and wanted Bruce when they were introduced, but the thing is that as Ric right now Dick poses no threat or challenge to the Court.
    No, they never wanted Bruce. They wanted to assassinate him because he was trying to change Gotham for the better, and when they found out he's Batman it's two birds for one stone. The only time they wanted him if I remember correctly, was when they wanted to summon Barbatos because he's been exposed to the Metals required for the ritual.

...What do they want for the evil heroes by the way?

Extraordinary Member

so in forever evil nightwing gets put out
    and each and every big cross over event since i began reading

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    ...What do they want for the evil heroes by the way?
    Something about Lex doing all this to prepare for an even bigger threat or something, which is connected to the Batman who Laughs. I got a bit lost following Snyder's JL stories.

BANNED

The whole set up is dumb. I mean apparently Lex goes to the Court and offers them Dick or something, which is what they always wanted except for when they didn't care about him and wanted Bruce when they were introduced, but the thing is that as Ric right now Dick poses no threat or challenge to the Court. They can kill him or take him whenever they want. Dick is a fucking homeless cab driver. What can he offer the Court now anyway? Or what can Lex offer the count in relation to Dick that matters? There is no story there because Ric is such a dead end of creativity, and even the Court is a dead end at this point.

So Lex is going around and offering something to villains and some heroes to tie into this Year of the Villain event and I think the Court thing is just the only thing DC could think of to use as a tie in. I don't see it going anywhere like all these garbage tie ins they do for these kind of stories. So I doubt that Dick will be one of the turned characters because it would invalidate the whole Rick crap they have been doing. Since no one would give a **** if they turned Ric's character evil or whatever crap they are planning with these characters in the event. Most would celebrate Ric going evil which is the complete opposite reaction they want for these evil heroes.
    Reek got half his brain shot out, and "muscle memory" (yeah, right) won't carry him far. He's just a shell of his former self. Nobody's interested in that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Can we use Dan Mora's design for modern Robin costume please?

tumblr_pr32icWyQk1qjrlno_400.jpg

and his art while we're at it

Well, the Court might consider this a great weak point for Dick, where they can go in and finally get what they want out of him. He's still got the "muscle memory" so I suppose he's still a competent fighter, and with his mental state he could be manipulated or brain washed into being the Court's agent.

They might be able to fix his brain injury, adding in whatever control mechanisms/mind control to keep him under their influence.

It could be a whole Hydra Winter Soldier type of deal.

I dunno what DC is planning to do, honesty. Their "efforts" with Dick in recent years have been painfully lacking, and "Ric" is just a whole big can of "we dont care anymore" but that also means if Snyder wants to twist Dick up into a villain for his story DC won't argue. They clearly dont care what anyone does with the character so homeless drunk or Talon assassin, DC management wont care.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd kill to get Mora on Nightwing. I love his stuff and he'd be a great fit for Dick. But only if we get Nightwing back, all proper and functional again. I would hate to waste Mora on the current version of the character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

that looks like its from the show

Too techy and armored for my taste
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

A magic lasso, too!

Put the yellow stripes down the middle of his chest and give him the classic R in a circle and I'll take it. I think those elements are the most important for Dick's Robin costume.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member