Page 258 of 295 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I never expected the Superman connection to be used in this show and even other adaptations that do have Superman and Dick in the same universe don't use it. Why would this show be any different?
    No other show has even addressed it before. The comics since the New 52 haven't even addressed how he became Nightwing so it isn't even limited to other media adaptations. I enjoy the Superman connection because it goes back to an era where Batman, Robin and Superman were all very close. The original World's Finest.

I think the prison origin here is dumb. Although I don't know if it is dumber than when Seeley tried to tie the name to the Court of Owls in his Rebirth run and have that be where the name came from. I'm glad that went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I’m probably the one of few, who don’t care about Superman’s involvement with name and thinks it’s kinda overrated and fandom’s way to hold on this “connection to vast DCU world” thing. I’m okay with whatever twist they make to how Dick got idea to become Nightwing as long as name has that “hope” meaning to Dick himself and to others.
    We probably do make a bigger deal out of it than it is, but I think a lot of people undervalue how much Dick's character was influenced and informed by elements outside of Bruce's franchise. The way we understand the character today is heavily influenced by all the stuff that happened outside of Gotham. If Dick hadn't left the Bat editorial office he'd be a very different character today.

As for this prison Nightwing origin thing, I'm not watching the show but I'm not surprised they didn't use the real origin. And I'm not bothered by it. It's just an adaptation. I wish they had "done it right" and stuck with some variation of the original script, but as I understand it no relationship with Clark has really been established for this version of Dick, and the existence of Superman wasn't even confirmed until the end of season 1, right? It'd be weird and out of the blue to use the Krypton origin now. Seriously, was anyone expecting differently? DC has ignored this side of Dick Grayson's history for a couple decades now, the show that started off with "**** Batman" wasn't gonna be the show to make Nightwing's origin about a myth his space uncle told him.

Hell, look at the state of Superman these last twenty years. His origin gets changed constantly, and stuff about Krypton changes even more often. And the Titans franchise has ended feeling like the place characters go to die. I can't blame the Bat office for wanting to distance Dick from franchises that have struggled more than Batman. I don't think burying all that is the right direction but I get why they'd want to avoid the hassle.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-09-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not a fan of Dick operating out of the Titans Tower. He's not Damian or Crush or any of those teen heroes. he's an independent hero so I'd like to see him with his own base and city to protect.

Don't mind if that's mixed in with globe trotting [prefer it actually]. I like Bludhaven cos I like Dick having his own city that's his responsibility.

Gotham is fine but don't like that as much since that's shared by soooo many heroes.

I liked the Prince Of Gotham idea that was planed by Higgins I believe before Grayson happened. Sounded really interesting. I was really looking forward to that
    I also REALLY wanted to see the Prince of Gotham stuff from Higgins. I thought it was a perfect and natural progression for the character that’s so inherently more inspirational than Batman is.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I never expected the Superman connection to be used in this show and even other adaptations that do have Superman and Dick in the same universe don't use it. Why would this show be any different?
    It'd be nice to change the trend and go back to the actual reason he uses the name.

It strikes me as odd since Superboy is in the show, so clearly the interconnected universe has Kryptonians in it and it would be nice to see Dick's connection to Clark represented in other media.

EDIT: Though I guess Ascended made a great point that considering the states of all these franchises, it's unfortunately not that surprising.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-10-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I’m probably the one of few, who don’t care about Superman’s involvement with name and thinks it’s kinda overrated and fandom’s way to hold on this “connection to vast DCU world” thing. I’m okay with whatever twist they make to how Dick got idea to become Nightwing as long as name has that “hope” meaning to Dick himself and to others.
    I'm another of the few

Extraordinary Member

whoop whoop

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

whoop whoop
    in black and blue I see, I wonder why

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    in black and blue I see, I wonder why
    The next season is supposed to be headlined by Starfire so it might change again 6 months from now
    but more Dick grayson content is always good, been the only consistent positive thing in this thread

Anyone else find it funny that Titans is on its way to season 3, which they waste no time to renew, but the old comic people still refuse to try to put together a decent Titans comic in all the time the show has started.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-11-2019 at 06:29 PM.

It's probably for the best to give the comics Titans a break until they can come up with better stories.

Better stories aren't going to just magically appear as they do nothing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Better stories isn't going to just magically appear as they do nothing.
    Neither will putting out a Titans book for the sake of it. Giving the book a rest until behind-the-scenes problems can be sorted out (it's obvious DC isn't quite done with this "Ric" arc just yet) might give them time to craft a better direction for the book.

The Titans have had 1 series in the last 10 years. They are rested. Its not time they need, but work. Something those behind the comic division are clearly not interested in putting in. Which is odd to me when on the other had you have them renewing a season 3 before season 2 even ends. All while the comic people continue to not even try anything with the brand or its main characters. The comic guys want it to be this dead brand, yet at the same time here DC is announcing season 3.

And the fact that Ric has been running next to the show, despite being dog **** and reviled from the go, is another red flag is you ask me. I think Nightwing was around the 120th rank comic in October, and Jurgans oh so important Annual not even the top 150. Well done again Nightwing team.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-11-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Anyone else find it funny that Titans is on its way to season 3, which they waste no time to renew, but the old comic people still refuse to try to put together a decent Titans comic in all the time the show has started.
    They can’t exist without a glass ceiling to protect the status of the JL