Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276
Results 4,126 to 4,132 of 4132
  1. #4126
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean since he technically is a Batman character he fells under the editing team. The question is who is the right creative team
    And the Bat editors can treat him as something more than just another Robin. They used to, they can again. Dick could be handled great under the Bat office if the Bat office wanted to handle him right.

    And Dick doesn't *have* to be under the Bat umbrella anyway. For a while he was under Titans editorial, and other legacies like Donna Troy and some of the YJ kids don't fall under their mentors' editorial group either.

    I say the Bat and Super offices trade. We'll give Nightwing to Superman, and Batman can have Steel in return. I feel like that might benefit everyone!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #4127
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What’s been the worst thing Dc has done to Dick’s character?
    Aside from what they're doing now? Probably when he freaked out at Kory for entering a loveless, political, and totally in name only marriage to save her people. The marriage that's literally only binding on her home planet. To a guy who, if I recall, had his own lover so he wouldn't care if Kory was still with Dick.

  3. #4128
    Mighty Member dropkickjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And the Bat editors can treat him as something more than just another Robin. They used to, they can again. Dick could be handled great under the Bat office if the Bat office wanted to handle him right.

    And Dick doesn't *have* to be under the Bat umbrella anyway. For a while he was under Titans editorial, and other legacies like Donna Troy and some of the YJ kids don't fall under their mentors' editorial group either.

    I say the Bat and Super offices trade. We'll give Nightwing to Superman, and Batman can have Steel in return. I feel like that might benefit everyone!
    Thing is, they should be doing this for all of the former Robins, focusing on their distinctions and what makes them unique. Each one should have their own book with their own distinctive tone and direction. All four of them can hold a solo with decent sales. Tim (IMO) doesn't work as well as a team leader and should have an actual detective book. Jason should be rogue hero/antihero type stuff. Damian doing ninja stuff. And Dick could have several directions fit him, Team Leader, Ace Spy, hell even Space Ranger (though I think we are all partial to spy stuff). All of these could hold their own if the bat office wanted more than one strong character.

  4. #4129
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,974

    Default

    Dc don’t care. They haven’t cared in a long time. Everyone has to be lesser than Batman. Only Batman can save the day. All characters in Batman’s book are written as weak.

  5. #4130
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Dc don’t care. They haven’t cared in a long time. Everyone has to be lesser than Batman. Only Batman can save the day. All characters in Batman’s book are written as weak.
    See, I'm not sure.... I kind of think Dick just missed his shot, really.

    It's not that long since "Robin War" and "Batman And Robin Eternal" which - putting aside your thoughts about the quality of those stories - were DC really getting behind Dick Grayson as a story-driving lead character, with a story-driving personal Status Quo, and a major player. When those books were coming out, wasn't it something like a third of all DC's output for three months starred Dick?

    But then - and again, leaving personal opinions out of it - those books didn't seem to perform as DC had hoped. And then very quickly the "Grayson" elements were backed up to more neutral "Bat-Family Supporting Character" baseline, and Dick moved from driving events to being lucky to be featured in them.

    Oh, for a world where Batman And Robin Eternal turned out better..... I think we'd be in a very different place for Dick now if it had.

  6. #4131
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,974

    Default

    I hope sooner rather than later we get better stories.

  7. #4132
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope sooner rather than later we get better stories.
    Amen to that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •