Page 196 of 295 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I assume it’s just a generic and general characterization.
    Yeah. Of Dick.

Seriously, erase "Tim" in that comic and put "Dick" instead, no one would bat an eye, and in fact, it would fit better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. Of Dick.

Seriously, erase "Tim" in that comic and put "Dick" instead, no one would bat an eye, and in fact, it would fit better.
    Tim drake should never lead a titans team with beast boy raven or starfire they all outrank him

Tim and Dick both fulfill similar roles as Robin.

We can let Tim have this one, it's not big and he needs it more than Dick does. Jurgens is already writing Dick once a month and it ain't stellar.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Tim and Dick both fulfill similar roles as Robin.

We can let Tim have this one, it's not big and he needs it more than Dick does. Jurgens is already writing Dick once a month and it ain't stellar.
    Jurgens is writing Ric, which is very different lol. Tim is at least one of many focal characters in one of DC's most pushed books right now. Regardless of how you feel about Bendis, the fact is Tim is better off. And anyways, the problem with these characters is pretending they're interchangeable. These characters should be and have been very distinct, and watering them down over time is exactly why this stuff is allowed to happen.

Speaking of Bendis tho, we're getting the Nightwing issue of the Batman Giant published as part of the direct market in November so there's some Dick content out there at least.

Dick_Grayson Bruce_Wayne NO316.jpg

Was rereading a personal favorite (Batman No. 316) and Bruce talked about how he plans on Dick taking over Wayne Enterprises someday.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Dick_Grayson Bruce_Wayne NO316.jpg

Was rereading a personal favorite (Batman No. 316) and Bruce talked about how he plans on Dick taking over Wayne Enterprises someday.
    I think there was something in Morrison's run where it was willed to Dick but he didn't want to deal with it so he just had Damian handle it (and then Tim took over).

I just can't imagine modern Dick running a company.

Extraordinary Member

Did Tim’s parents die

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Did Tim’s parents die
    In the New 52, no. But with continuity coming back, I'm confident that they are dead. Bendis and King follow the Pre New 52 continuity over established continuity Post Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    In the New 52, no. But with continuity coming back, I'm confident that they are dead. Bendis and King follow the Pre New 52 continuity over established continuity Post Flashpoint.
    In fact, Bendis doesn't follow Pre-Flashpoint continuity. He just creates the continuity he wants for his story.

Cassie is still grandaughter of Zeus, while Conner seems to be a clone of Clark and Lex.

Not to mention that Bendis has totally reboot the Legion.

So, Tim's parents being alive or not will depend on Bendis whishes.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-18-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Bendis didn't even remember that Manhunter is Green Arrows attorney and that Oliver and Damian already worked together in Metal, he just acts like it's their first meeting for his Event Leviathan. That guy doesn't even do basic research for the characters he's writing.

Extraordinary Member

So Tim’s parents were dead right, it was never clear to me how he could become a ward of Bruce and have right to anything Wayne if not so

Extraordinary Member

If titans Season 2 has 13 episodes Then Dick's Idenity as nightwing should be by episode 8-10 so about november

So Its my wish that The Dick/Ric is resolved in the november issue and we can moove out

Huh. Did a double-take on Babs in that pic. The Bat-symbol on her top almost looked like skin.

Anyways, yeah. Bendis ignored GA Rebirth and DK Metal like he did with Superman Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Huh. Did a double-take on Babs in that pic. The Bat-symbol on her top almost looked like skin.
    Skintight spandex for the win .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was something in Morrison's run where it was willed to Dick but he didn't want to deal with it so he just had Damian handle it (and then Tim took over).

I just can't imagine modern Dick running a company.
    I like the idea of Dick having to take over Wayne Enterprises for awhile but totally avoiding doing the job of CEO. Kinda like how Bruce is in the Nolan Trilogy where he's only interested in the R&D department and avoiding the actual day to day of the office. Plus I kinda want to see a superhero in a workplace setting, there isn't anything like that out right now.

I think it would be an enjoyable aspect to explore, it has the same kinda fish out of water/Dick would never do this by choice that being a spy has.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics