Page 274 of 295 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4424
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tom King and Mikel Janín are working on something Grayson related:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5kraCFh...=1jmr9fkvptql1

So, does that mean Ric is finally done?
    If I remember correctly, Tynion is handling the restoration of Nightwing. Whatever King is doing, has to be some one off thing.

My question is there gonna be a Nightwing and Batman crossover or something? Its nice that the book that caused all of this is rebuilding the character but what is Jurgens supposed to do with the book in the mean time?

Extraordinary Member

I wish they had used him for the crossover, they probably filmed to late

If they made a nightwing movie what Storyline would be good?

Geoff Johns? Well they are allowing him to do the Green Lantern movie.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roliver Queen View Post
    If I remember correctly, Tynion is handling the restoration of Nightwing. Whatever King is doing, has to be some one off thing.

My question is there gonna be a Nightwing and Batman crossover or something? Its nice that the book that caused all of this is rebuilding the character but what is Jurgens supposed to do with the book in the mean time?
    The usual. Padding until they got the date for change and he'll make a story leading up to it.
    The latest solicitations already have him fighting Cobb so it's going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roliver Queen View Post
    Its nice that the book that caused all of this is rebuilding the character but what is Jurgens supposed to do with the book in the mean time?
    Eh, I feel like the Batman book being the title to fix Nightwing is just another sign that Nightwing is not allowed to have his own agency. Yeah, this mess started in Batman, but this isn't like a "You made the mess, you clean it up" situation. I mean, what are we saying here? Nightwing doesn't get to be fixed until Batman decides to do it? Is Dick the star of his own gods damn book or not? Don't we see the problem here? I'll be happy when Dick gets back to normal but this should be happening in his book, not someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Depends on what kind of Nightwing they do, honestly. Would they do a street level Bat-Lite thing, or something closer to the Titans?

Nightwing's NTT origin is a pretty solid story to tell. The source material gives you all kinds of stuff to pull from, including Deathstroke, science terrorists, betrayal, a love interest in a hot alien girl, and the story highlights Dick's leadership abilities and detective training. Lot of stuff for an adaptation to pull from. And it'd make the Bat connections very clear by showing us Dick's transition from Robin. But of course, we just got a version of this in the Titans streaming show.

You could do Dick arriving in Bludhaven. A rough translation of Dixon's "war with Blockbuster" is a stupid-easy win. Audiences eat up this gritty street level stuff up, as Nolan Batman and Netflix Daredevil can attest. Tons of cool supporting characters, a proven archetype villain, and one of the weirdest low-key love interests in.....Clancy? the landlady who's face Dick somehow never manages to see. But this is also well walked territory and standing out would be a challenge, not to mention this approach invites even more direct comparisons to some of the most loved superhero work of the last 20 years.

The Grayson series could be adapted to include the (very marketable) Nightwing costume and name. A spy thriller that delves heavily into the weird facets of a superhuman world is a pretty great hook we've never really seen in movies (maybe Black Widow will hit this note, but if so it'll be the first one). And "superhero meets James Bond" is easy to sell.

I suppose a Nightwing film could ape Batman Beyond and do a "In the near future, Batman is gone and Nightwing becomes Gotham's new protector" thing. It'd be a quick way to bypass having to account for whatever the Batman films are doing and make Nightwing a more independent franchise. But it also cuts Dick off from any team-up movies or cameos.

They could pull all the Court of Owls elements together and do something involving Cobb and Dick's childhood with the circus. A very lose adaptation of the early New52 or something. That'd be a solid way to approach a origin story; it puts far less emphasis on the Bat and uses a group of villains that haven't been overused yet.

Morrison's opening story with Professor Pyg could be pretty great too. Keep Dick in the Nightwing suit of course. They probably wouldn't be allowed to use Damian but Pyg is a great villain who's already gotten a little screen time on Gotham and his circus parallels Dick's origin nicely.

Or they could go for something more like your typical 90's action movie and make the film "Nightwing's very frantic day" and do something like the "motorcycle death race" Percy wrote. Dump the basic exposition and origin within the first twenty minutes and then just go nuts and don't hit the brakes until the end.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, I feel like the Batman book being the title to fix Nightwing is just another sign that Nightwing is not allowed to have his own agency. Yeah, this mess started in Batman, but this isn't like a "You made the mess, you clean it up" situation. I mean, what are we saying here? Nightwing doesn't get to be fixed until Batman decides to do it? Is Dick the star of his own gods damn book or not? Don't we see the problem here? I'll be happy when Dick gets back to normal but this should be happening in his book, not someone else's.
    They created a poor situation, and now that problem unfortunately feeds itself. Nightwing's numbers are worse then ever now, so for it to happened in Nightwing it would go unnoticed. They can either have Nightwing's current crap creators do it, in their current crap book that can't even crack the top 100 anymore, or they do it in Batman so some people at least maybe see it.
    Honestly the best thing would be to canceled Nightwing, and then bring him back in Batman leading to a new series relaunch with a new creative team and the works. But that probably isn't going to happen. They'll bring him back in Batman to get the eyes, and then will probably hand him back to Jurgans. So he can continue to bore everyone with his by the numbers dragged out ****.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-09-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Honestly the best thing would be to canceled Nightwing, and then bring him back in Batman leading to a new series relaunch with a new creative team and the works. But that probably isn't going to happen.
    That would be too reasonable for them.

They've gotten really good at breaking things they could fix if they used their brains and acted quickly. Instead they stand around gaping like stupid little kids. By the time they set to work, major retcons or hard reboots are required... It gets old.

Hey does he and Starfire even have a relationship? I mean are they even friends?

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    That would be too reasonable for them.

They've gotten really good at breaking things they could fix if they used their brains and acted quickly. Instead they stand around gaping like stupid little kids. By the time they set to work, major retcons or hard reboots are required... It gets old.
    I feel a lot has to do with Dan. Almost every majority event is his baby. New 52 was his thing.

Geoff Johns? Well they are allowing him to do the Green Lantern movie.
    I think the Spyral stuff would translate well on screen, just have Dick as Nightwing instead of Agent 37 and you're solid. They could also play it safe and go with some Bludhaven stuff, but they would have to do something really unique with it to differentiate Dick from the likes of Batman and Daredevil. In general, I think the scale and tone of Nightwing's adventures should be closer to say Spider-man than either of those two.

Extraordinary Member

Hey does he and Starfire even have a relationship? I mean are they even friends?
    Mabey once every 2 years they interact, she leading s
    Justice league team in space right now

I'm curious what do you guys think about DC changing many titans relationships? I find this annoying. Their relationship was solid.THis can help lead to other things.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're friends. Dick talked a lot about Damian to her, we found this out when Damian first formed his Teen Titans. He shares his then relationship with Shawn Tsang The Defacer to her as they team up to beat an enemy. She's supportive. Their romantic relationship was in the past and there are no hard feelings.
    They don't meet often on-page though, only on special occasions like that.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They created a poor situation, and now that problem unfortunately feeds itself. Nightwing's numbers are worse then ever now, so for it to happened in Nightwing it would go unnoticed. They can either have Nightwing's current crap creators do it, in their current crap book that can't even crack the top 100 anymore, or they do it in Batman so some people at least maybe see it.
    Honestly the best thing would be to canceled Nightwing, and then bring him back in Batman leading to a new series relaunch with a new creative team and the works. But that probably isn't going to happen. They'll bring him back in Batman to get the eyes, and then will probably hand him back to Jurgans. So he can continue to bore everyone with his by the numbers dragged out ****.
    From a Story perspective I can see WHY they're having it done in Batman. Right now Gotham and Bruce are in the rebuilding phase so it makes sense to handle the Nightwing stuff. It DID happen on his watch/his book. Id MUCH rather it be a lil mini crossover so it helps Nightwing's and Batman's sales. I know its REALLY easy to think otherwise about the title right now but people would flock to this.

Huh. I always thought Nightwing previously being Robin was public knowledge, but apparently not. Duke Thomas knew that Nightwing was Dick Grayson because his identity had been outed, and in Robin War met Agent 37 (who was using the Spyral face disguising tech), who identified himself as the first Robin. Duke only knew they were one and the same because he realized that Nightwing looks like adult Robin. From Grayson #15:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman