Page 64 of 295 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

I think there's solid business sense in keeping Nightwing on the shelves in a smaller DC lineup, but there's also Didio's/management's bias and that's been tripping us up the last few years. And I could just be wrong about the business, too. I think if Didio could justify it, he'd cut the title. And I doubt his bosses in WB really give a damn what is on the shelf as long as the rights remain intact and money is made.

However, I just saw that they announced books for Lois Lane by Rucka *and* Jimmy Olsen by Fraction (set for June releases, I think?). So as far as Im concerned that puts an end to the rumor of a 22 title lineup. No way does Jimmy get a solo title in a field that small.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-18-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If that happens, maybe we’ll get lucky and Dick will end up on the outsiders instead of the titans.
    That would probably be for the best. Has the promised "Batman and the Outsiders" book ever come out? I haven't seen it yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think there's solid business sense in keeping Nightwing on the shelves in a smaller DC lineup, but there's also Didio's/management's bias and that's been tripping us up the last few years. And I could just be wrong about the business, too. I think if Didio could justify it, he'd cut the title. And I doubt his bosses in WB really give a damn what is on the shelf as long as the rights remain intact and money is made.

However, I just saw that they announced books for Lois Lane by Rucka *and* Jimmy Olsen by Fraction (set for June releases, I think?). So as far as Im concerned that puts an end to the rumor of a 22 title lineup. No way does Jimmy get a solo title in a field that small.
    Didio would rather push a Jimmy Olsen ongoing than a Nightwing series? Now THAT is some truly SERIOUS hatred.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    That would probably be for the best. Has the promised "Batman and the Outsiders" book ever come out? I haven't seen it yet.
    Unless something changes again, it should come out in May

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Though Matt Fraction at DC. What are the odds we can get him on the next Nightwing relaunch. Though he’s probably gonna be the next Green Arrow relaunch.
    I can't imagine any established writer wanting to deal with Nightwing's book outside of the company guys like Jurgens or Lobdell that get put on it just to fill out some issues. Maybe when Bendis eventually moves over to the main Batman book when he is finished with his Superman run some guys like Fraction will be interested in Nightwing, but I think that is a big stretch.

But really thinking about it I have no idea what they are going to do with Nightwin going forward. Obviously the Ric garbage will end, but is he going to immediately go back to wearing his old blue costume that the one dumb cop is wearing? The costume he was wearing when he got his brains blown out with a sniper? How can you go back to that. Then is he going to just go back to doing the same **** he was doing before? Running around Bludhaven with no real direction? Or are they going to dig through more regurgitated stories and just make him a cop again? Like the whole concept feels creatively bankrupt that I don't really know how you go forward with the character with what they have stuck around him.

And even if they do cancel the Nightwing book and stick him in just a new relaunched Titans book based on the TV show roster what is that going to do? Swap out Miss Martian for Starfire and it is basically the exact same roster the last Titans book had which was a hotmess. So I don't see what any of that really does.

Send him back to spyral and or have him globetrotting around the dcu in a team up book.

This bludhevan/Gotham street level batman-lite has not work for nightwing since dixon and its hurting the character.

Nightwing needs a status quo. One that places him in the greater dcu with a mission and not hey I used to be Robin or hey I'm just like batman but not.

I mean tiger is about to guest in batman, huntress is in love and nightwing is directionless! Why not spyral Or is that not nostalgic enough?

Also someone in the direction for power girl thread thought of a nightwing/ power girl book, plus titans and jsa characters could guest star in the book. But please don't go back to the same old mediocre bludhevan nightwing.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 02-19-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Dick Grayson YJ

https://tayaart.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Didio would rather push a Jimmy Olsen ongoing than a Nightwing series? Now THAT is some truly SERIOUS hatred.
    I was surprised at that. Dc downsizing and who gets a series or mini series Jimmy Olsen

Mighty Member

Ric for half a year. 2019 isn't moving fast enough. Ric feels like he has been here for years.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Ric will be here in May, The new Batman story is a 5 parter from 70 to 75. Ric Comics are back to monthly so that’s guaranteed that Ric will be here July & will be used/not used for the Batman event which considering all the previous interactions is not gonna turn out well for Nightwing because King hasn’t written anything positive happening to The Bat Family. Doomsday Clock in finished in July likely won’t be that important for Dick Grayson so I don’t see Ric going away until September/October or DC May keep him like that forever
    2019. Where being written by Tom King is a negative. 180 from last year.

I just read an interview with ZacK Kaplan, and I have to say that I would be curious to see him on Nightwing, without Lobdell for the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Ric for half a year. 2019 isn't moving fast enough. Ric feels like he has been here for years.
    Yeah, its insulting. Dick Grayson is on the Mt. Rushmore for DC superheroes, yet he gets treated like crap because of bad management.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I can't imagine any established writer wanting to deal with Nightwing's book outside of the company guys like Jurgens or Lobdell that get put on it just to fill out some issues. Maybe when Bendis eventually moves over to the main Batman book when he is finished with his Superman run some guys like Fraction will be interested in Nightwing, but I think that is a big stretch.
    When editors allow the title to be screwed around with for the benefit of another title, I couldn't blame pro's for wanting to avoid the title either. I look forward to someone coming in who'll put a stop to that sh*t. As a fan its annoying, but as a business student it really grinds my gears seeing viable and profitable products abused. There's no gods damn reason for this treatment and it's likely costing DC potential revenue. I know WB doesn't care about the publishing side of DC but you'd think they'd at least demand a degree of professionalism.

But really thinking about it I have no idea what they are going to do with Nightwin going forward. Obviously the Ric garbage will end, but is he going to immediately go back to wearing his old blue costume that the one dumb cop is wearing? The costume he was wearing when he got his brains blown out with a sniper? How can you go back to that.
    He'll (possibly) go back to the classic costume the same way Bruce went back to his costume after being broken by Bane, same way Clark went back to his costume after being killed, and that applies to Hal, Barry, Arthur, Diana, etc.

As for what the book does after this Ric nonsense is over......who knows. Didio's proving that the book will sell no matter how terrible it is so we might just keep getting the same kind of crap we have been. Or, if its part of a big new launch within the Bat titles, there might be a new (or old) status quo brought back in. Its comics; everything moves in cycles....we just have to see what the next rotation will bring us.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I was surprised at that. Dc downsizing and who gets a series or mini series Jimmy Olsen
    I think the fact that Jimmy and Lois Lane are getting solo titles pretty much puts that "New22" rumor to bed.

~ Black Panther.