Page 200 of 295 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4424

There was a podcast posted a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There was a podcast posted a couple pages back.
    I'm not gonna go listen to it, so I'll take your word for it lol.

Extraordinary Member

Why didnt he finsh the job? jeez, well hopefuly this means zak is out of commission and safe while the others get slaughtered

Incredible Member

Talon not killing him is proof that this damn Ric story is going to go on for another 8 months at least. Talon should be slowly killing them off one by one each issue.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm so ready for this Ric garbage to be over and done with. I sure do miss reading about Dick Grayson/Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Funny how Nightwing and others don't have this issue in young justice, they all are fine living their lives, they are grown up their no question about it. Its only an issue in comics because time cannot move normally because non-metahumans would age and life moves forward.
    Also because they're the main characters. There's no issue of not making them actually grow up and independent because there's no Batman or Justice League to steal the spotlight from. They're always off somewhere, off-screen, besides some sporadic appearances.

Batman, the League, the adults are the supporting cast in the youth-oriented series, but in comics, they're the main character and the youths are the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why didnt he finsh the job? jeez, well hopefuly this means zak is out of commission and safe while the others get slaughtered
    I know, right. I knew they wouldn’t have the balls to do what needed to be done, it just makes Talon look dumb. As if all the mustache twirling wasn’t bad enough with him. And they act as if the is the first time Zack has gotten hurt but this guy gets hurt like every arc.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Also because they're the main characters. There's no issue of not making them actually grow up and independent because there's no Batman or Justice League to steal the spotlight from. They're always off somewhere, off-screen, besides some sporadic appearances.

Batman, the League, the adults are the supporting cast in the youth-oriented series, but in comics, they're the main character and the youths are the supporting cast.
    What spotlight, its not about that,
    The league does not spend time making the OG YG team feel inferior or second string, they can both act independently and collaborate with each other respectfully
    They have healthy relationships, unlike the mess we saw back in the annual or the close of the Troia arc

The whole better then batman thing is suppose to be a brief phase that he grows out of, but it remain continuous due to time never moving forward in the new 52/rebirth

Extraordinary Member

I know, right. I knew they wouldn’t have the balls to do what needed to be done, it just makes Talon look dumb. As if all the mustache twirling wasn’t bad enough with him. And they act as if the is the first time Zack has gotten hurt but this guy gets hurt like every arc.
    to be honest I dont mind if he stays as a friend of dick on the force, dick need can have a bludhaven cast, Nightwing Prime, Red and Gold need go or be injured so much they can't interfere
    lol didnt he just get out of the hospital

Dick has had Bludhaven casts. There no reason to hold on to the lamest one, the one that actually hurts the character and dilutes the brand. These cardboard cut outs needs to go. An example should be made. In no way do any of the Nightwings support Dick, they are not designed to. Ric supports them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Dick has had Bludhaven casts. There no reason to hold on to the lamest one, the one that actually hurts the character and dilutes the brand. These cardboard cut outs needs to go. An example should be made. In no way do any of the Nightwings support Dick, they are not designed to. Ric supports them.
    Well zack a nice guy, he's dick's age, how many non super friends does he have
    I'ts my hope these injuries will end him as nightwing, does dick have a bludhaven cast?

He’s had them, but they ditch them from one creator to the next or go scorched earth on them. Now when it would be in his benefit to go scorched earth they puss out.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know people are taking pot-shots at Jurgens for the current arc, but I have to wonder if its not editorial making him follow plot points for this. He's not the first to come on since the "Ric" thing.
    It is editorial mandated which sucks for a direction but editorial isn't making Jurgens write crap. Higgins had a lot of handicaps as well when he did his run and put out decent stuff.

Terrible ideas can be turned into something better. It's like putting terrible teachers into a bad school district and then saying well it was already bad so it doesn't matter. How can you expect something good to come from that?

I love Jurgens but it's obvious that he isn't really interested in this current run he's doing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It is editorial mandated which sucks for a direction but editorial isn't making Jurgens write crap. Higgins had a lot of handicaps as well when he did his run and put out decent stuff.

Terrible ideas can be turned into something better. It's like putting terrible teachers into a bad school district and then saying well it was already bad so it doesn't matter. How can you expect something good to come from that?

I love Jurgens but it's obvious that he isn't really interested in this current run he's doing.
    Would you be motivated to write Nightwing when you have to write a bunch of no-names as Nightwing, and Dick isn't even Dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Would you be motivated to write Nightwing when you have to write a bunch of no-names as Nightwing, and Dick isn't even Dick?
    He's the one that keeps claiming how interesting the direction is.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 05:53 PM.