Page 9 of 295 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Attachment 76419

I like the red on black. It's the sky I don't like. Red on red. Too hot.
    I loved the red, just not the red eyes.

BANNED

Check out my signiture yo ! it's sweet.

edit----

Forget about it, i tried to make my signiture a sweet nightwing signiture, but the file was too big or something, it didn't happen... :/

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I liked the red as well. It's not classic Nightwing and blue matches better but it still looks cool. The glove spikes included.

Maybe not as the regular suit but I wouldn't mind seeing the red one for different occasions.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wasn't really a fan of the red suit. I liked Brett Booth's version, though. My main problem wasn't the color, but how big the symbol or what not was on his chest. Booth made it a bit smaller and added the much missed finger stripes.

I don't mind the red now and the Brett Booth redesign is actually my second favorite costume after the classic.

The current one is cool but too simple for me. I wish he had at least a place for the gadgets.

Yeah, not really a fan of the Rebirth suit. Not as cool looking as the others.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't mind the red now and the Brett Booth redesign is actually my second favorite costume after the classic.

The current one is cool but too simple for me. I wish he had at least a place for the gadgets.
    I liked that design a lot too. Just the right balance between utility and aerodynamics.

I never did warm up to the red color scheme. I tried, but it just didn't work for me. Made Dick look too much like a Robin, made him blend into the crowd too much.

And the current costume is okay, but the blue on his calves and forearms doesn't really match the rest of the line work and inconsistent details like that bother me. And with a costume as starkly simple as Nightwing's, it stands out a lot more. Plus I'm still not sure if I like the blue mask over the black one. I go back and forth on that one.

EDIT: Oh, yknow the little "belt" of red in that image above? In the game DCU Online there's a chest style with a chevron that everyone uses when they first make a Nightwing rip-off, and that style has the same little bits of color around the waist. I always thought that Booth might've gotten the idea for it from the game.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-08-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Before they retcon Robin origin with Robin Year One, which origin did they use? Golden Age?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I hate the red. Not the color itself, but when you have Robin, Red Hood, and Red Robin Nightwing really doesn’t need to be colored in red too.

Also i wasn’t fan of Barrows in general. Didn’t think he was right for Nightwing, and he could barely do a full issue.
    others believe, that all current and ex-Robins should be dressed in one color scheme: red (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Before they retcon Robin origin with Robin Year One, which origin did they use? Golden Age?
    Robin: Year One is not an origin story, just one set in his early career. It is directly proceeds the events of Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet which tells of Dick's first outing as Robin. I believe around that time, the most recent retelling of Dick's origin was in the pages of Dark Victory, which rather closely follow the events of Dick's first appearance and original origin, but within the context of the larger story.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

nightwing_by_junaidi-d7xoec5.jpg

I still like the red suit.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    nightwing_by_junaidi-d7xoec5.jpg

I still like the red suit.
    It's not bad, just not as great as the black and blue.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wasn't a fan of the suit design because it made it look like he was wearing a giant bow tie. Once I saw that I couldn't unsee it. Now it was at least okay unlike the New 52 Robin costume though, so put into context it wasn't as bad as that at least.

I also didn't mind the arm spikes or them getting rid of the finger stripes (never been a fan), but the red was an issue because it felt like it was DC trying remove more of Dick's identity. They just wanted him to wear Red because they wanted all the Robins to look similar which defeats the purpose of him being Nightwing in the first place. Just too much red in the Batman family with Robin, Red Robin, Red Hood, Batwoman, and Nightwing would make it too much.

The reason I don't like the red suit is because I don't like the armour lines that the New 52 was infamous for. Seams and such, those are cool, I don't the armour look. Sturdy armour should be what the suit has underneath. Take those lines off and give the suit a more interesting texture or whatever, and then it's awesome imo. But I also do agree that Dick being in red takes away from his identity.

Anyways, I don't think it's been brought up yet, but the YJ: Outsiders darkwear suits that Dick and his current squad are using are loosely based on the Spyral Agent uniform and come equipped with their own take on Hypnos. And that's sick imo.

The Spyral face cameras got me to pop.