Page 21 of 295 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Which episodes of BTAS would worthwhile for Dick fans? I think the Nightwingies are hanging around until Didio can justify canceling the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Robin's Reckoning part 1 & 2 is my all-time favorite version of Dick's origin.

Don't forget Christmas with the Joker and If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?. Also Fear of Victory is damn good. There are more but these are probably my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember this comic .
    Me too. All-time favorite Dick Grayson artist: Scott McDaniel.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My personal favorite is Batgirl Returns.
    All the Batgirl episodes are great.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Another set of YJ episodes, so that's another set of episodes that features Dick being a good mentor. Dick, Conner, and Artemis are really a power trio and I love their interactions. I'd go into more, but I'm actually kinda tired so I'll save it for later. Next week, we get the last 4 episodes of this half of Outsiders...

And about Jason, since that popped up in here, some of you guys are really focused on pre-Flashpoint Jason, still. Jason barely did any of the things he did in the old timeline as the Red Hood, most of that was replaced with whatever ninja nonsense Lobdell wrote in. Because of the short timeline (5 or 10 years, it's still very short for Jason's resurrection), the only stuff that really happened was a version of Under the Red Hood and maybe a version of Battle for the Cowl, none of the stuff during or after that happened. And then it's just whatever New 52 and Rebirth stuff that happens, happens. I remember there was a brief period when people were speculating if the New 52 versions of UtRH and BftC were one and the same, and essentially Jason really only went up against Dick before turning anti-hero. He really hated Dick at the start of the New 52, but was largely fine with everyone else, including Bruce. Ultimately tho, it doesn't matter much, but what does matter is that none of the reasons for Jason not really being a hero count as much. Besides the current Outlaw storyline, Jason's whole-heartedly stuck to Bruce's rules until the Penguin thing. Even when Bruce was gone and Dick was calling the shots for Robin War and BRE, he still followed them, as well as Dick's orders. If Jason doesn't rejoin the family after this current arc, then that makes sense. He broke the rules while being sane, after all. But beforehand, he was reeled in pretty quickly, and you can argue it was the family itself that saved him so I don't get the idea that he doesn't belong.

Was a bit bored so I compiled some things I thought were interesting and regards to the management behind the current arc.

https://batman-news.com/2019/01/09/nightwing-56-review/

Some interesting comments from Fabian in the comments section of this review for #56. He apparently didn't even write the bits of dialogue the reviewer had problems with and has stated he didn't even bother comparing his delivered script to the final version for this issue despite it it having his name in the credits for it. This was his last issue so he probably didn't care anymore (add him to the list of creators that left after one arc now), and it isn't like anyone involved in this book has cared for a while anyway, but it is another example of the zero effort and bad management involved in this title. Here is a tweet where he says DC asked him to script #57-58 but he declined which lead to the horrible Esquivel situation.

This made me want to go back and reread the old interview Fabian and Lobdell did on newsarama at the start of the Ric Grayson story. https://www.newsarama.com/42366-new-...direction.html

Reading it again it is funny. They are trying very hard to sell a story that neither really believe in. The only bit that had any real truth in it was when Lobdell got super defensive about the Jason comments, but interviews like this feels very fake to me. It just feels like such bullshit. Like they know this story and situation is a mess but can't say anything other than try and sell it as such a great idea. It also reminded me of a Bleedingcool article that Fabian commented on in the comments section as well where he again tried to sell the story and bring up how Dick is his favorite comic character ever and that he wouldn't script it if he didn't believe in it, but a quick look at his social media he didn't bother promoting the book he was scripting at all during his time on it.

It is just very telling that Fabian says Dick is his all time favorite character (not saying Dick isn't), but after one arc that his friend Lobdell got him to script for him (Lobdell was probably too busy or not interested in writing the book just himself), DC asks Fabian to script more issues and he declines. Kind of admitting this has been a failure. This lead to DC having to find someone else to script for Lobdell (wonder who they got after Esquivel was fried), but it has to have been a mess if he bolted so fast from writing his apparent all time favorite character in just one arc.

This has become a crap draw for everyone involved. Honestly at this point I feel DC is just remaining committed to it because the people responsible for it don’t want to show blood or admit what a poor job they have done trying to put it together. I can understand a misfire but the way they have doubled down on desperate and poor decisions is inexcusable. This **** show needs to just end.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-19-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jason has more right to be called a member of the family than Tim and even Dick do: He was officially adopted in current canon; Dick and Tim aren't.

Mighty Member

Jason shouldn't be considered a member of the family.
    ... ......

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Another set of YJ episodes, so that's another set of episodes that features Dick being a good mentor. Dick, Conner, and Artemis are really a power trio and I love their interactions. I'd go into more, but I'm actually kinda tired so I'll save it for later. Next week, we get the last 4 episodes of this half of Outsiders...
    I found it hilarious that they suggested the origin of the Nightwing name came from a rock band and Dick adamantly denying it .

Incredible Member

I think think NW would've been better off without Bludhaven. Just thinking about bludhaven gives that feeling of repeating storylines. Whatever happens, this book is probably going to need a new #1 to distance itself from all this garbage.

Either they’ll relaunch it, or they’ll blame fans for Ric to claim supports no longer there for a solo.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-19-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Either they’ll relaunch it, or they’ll blame fans for Ric to claim supports no longer there for a solo.
    And if they cancel it, it'll come back with a relaunch after a little while as well.

I don't care what Didio likes, this IP is too valuable and consistent to get rid of easily, and Nightwing's brand expectation is enough to make his return a matter of when, not if.

I hope so, anyway. F*ck, I hope so.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DC managed to make me quit reading them long time ago, when between the train-wreck that was Devin Grayson's run and Didiot's attempts at killing him off at Infinite Crisis, I just had enough at some point... I was intrigued with what Morrison had to do with Dick as Batman, but not enough to make me go back to DC except for a quick glance here and there... Years later, probably because of Titans, I found myself willing to take another glance at the comics and THIS Ric non-sense is what greets me? Oh my, oh my... I will forever celebrate the day when DC is saved from Didiot...

As for this nonsense...

1) I fail to see how control-freak Bruce EVER let his amnesiac "having black outs still" son wander off to Bludhaven without really monitoring him... The idiot was breaking and entering into homes for god's sake. Could easily get his ass shot and end up dead for good. AND he had Scarecrow for threapist. Bruce may not be the best parent ever & he is a bit crazy lately, yes, but still I expect him to be more on top of things rather than let a clearly in need of supervision Dick go off to Bludhaven to do whatever, with occasional visits from Barbara and Alfred to serve as progress reports...

2) Dick is soooo freaked out about the dangerous life he used to lead before all this that he decided to disown Bat-family, turn his back on his past completely to make a clean start and so left Gotham... Ok. What the hell is he doing in Bludhaven then?!?!!?!? That is not a place anyone goes for a "fresh start" and "to be safe". It is his "old city" and it is as criminal infested and dangerous as Gotham. Why not go to somewhere like Metropolis if the idea is a "brand new start away from all this madness"? It is not like he is using his home or anything connected to his old life...

3) Why on earth is he broke? He is still the son of a billoinare AND (even if he is refusing to take any money from Bruce in his attempt to seperate from the guy) last I checked he had considerable money of his own due to Fox investing the insurance money from his parents' deaths well. of course maybe all that changed when I wasn't reading or DC decided to change what is canon for the zillionth time... and if he is not broke, why is he acting like he is broke and not paying his bar tab...

4) and the "he is back to his circus roots so he is a wanderer who has no stable home or income, drinks a lot, runs up debts and gambles" thing is such a disgusting stereotype.... Shame on you DC and anyone who thought of this. Dick and his family were NOT vagabonds and if this is suppsoed to be a reference to his "Romani-roots" because "wandering and leeching off people" is what Romani do, then wow, racist much? What 8-year old Dick had was a stable family with stable income (and good work ethics and discpline!), a place he could call home and he did sleep in the same bed everyday. Yes, the circus "toured" but they werent just wandering aimlessly. So "he sleeps in a car now because circus folk dont have homes" thing is driving me insane...

And dont get me even started on the name change. I know Dick woke up with nothing but his 8 years-old's memories but guess his mind also works like one if he is going "I know what I will do, I will change my name, that should make for a great new beginning, right? right?"

I will go watch some Young Justice now for therapy...
    Last edited by Schumiac; 01-19-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Since New52, has Dick really been the big brother/mentor role to anyone outside the Bat Family anymore? Prior, being the leader of the Titans as a whole, he not only looked after Damian, but also others like Kara when they needed him.

Now? Well, "Ric" aside, I haven't really seen it. Some team ups, sure. But those were with people already experienced one way or another.

Thank goodness for Weisman and Young Justice. Dick may technically have been flying solo, but he asks friends to help out when he needs them, mentors up and coming heroes, and is a positive influence on the younger members.

Titans is cancelled per BC. I fully expect them to coincide a relaunch with Dick’s return to Nightwing. It would be nice to see some sort of push or at least coordination for the character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I will not mourn the current Titans title if it is indeed cancelled.
    That property should be shelved until they have a solid idea of what direction they want to go in with it.