Page 20 of 295 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

When this Ric run ends I hope the next writer decides to involve Dick’s friends on the superhero side like Donna, Garth, Starfire, Tim, RH, Huntress.

I would include Barbera but I feel like that’s a given because even post Flashpoint she’s shown in his solo runs

I’m so used to NW not having finger stripes anymore and now when I see them they feel like an unnecessary addition to the suit.
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 01-18-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Forget about Jason?
    Jason shouldn't be considered a member of the family.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I really wish that Dick's costume was a little more flashy. I know he's always been more covert in this universe but come on, let that performer side shine.

Lol

Well they all less flashy in that universe)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I mean, there's a reason it's only him .
    To be honest Bruce has always taugth that to the Robins, in Jason Post-Crisis origin you see Bruce teaching him the same thing.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Jason has more right to be called a member of the family than Tim and even Dick do: He was officially adopted in current canon; Dick and Tim aren't.

Nah... I really think Jason works best as an antihero that is not on good terms with the Batfamily in general and Dick in particular.

I'm not attacking Jason, if anything getting him away from the family is a push he needs.

Why would Bruce let a Jason that has attempted to kill the family? Why would he let him run around and kill people then have tea in the Batcave with everyone else?

It makes no sense for either side to be or want to be around each other. Jason was a part of the family when he was Robin but he died. He came back as a crazy person who twisted Batman's mission. Sure he mellowed out over time but fundamentally Jason believes in the exact opposite of Bruce. That the only way to stop crime is to kill it. It makes Bruce look like a hypocrite for accepting Jason and it makes Jason look weak for needing Bruce and everyone else after he felt betrayed for Bruce not killing the Joker. Keeping Jason around the family weakens him as a character.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jason has more right to be called a member of the family than Tim and even Dick do: He was officially adopted in current canon; Dick and Tim aren't.
    The current canon doesn't mean s*** and we all know it. DC doesn't even know what is canon anymore.

I'm not attacking Jason, I like him when he is at odds with Batman. That's where the natural drama from their dynamic comes from. Two people who love each other but their morals/values keep them apart. Bruce can't comprise when it comes to his crusade that's at the core of Bruce's character.

I'm not attacking Jason, if anything getting him away from the family is a push he needs.

Why would Bruce let a Jason that has attempted to kill the family? Why would he let him run around and kill people then have tea in the Batcave with everyone else?

It makes no sense for either side to be or want to be around each other. Jason was a part of the family when he was Robin but he died. He came back as a crazy person who twisted Batman's mission. Sure he mellowed out over time but fundamentally Jason believes in the exact opposite of Bruce. That the only way to stop crime is to kill it. It makes Bruce look like a hypocrite for accepting Jason and it makes Jason look weak for needing Bruce and everyone else after he felt betrayed for Bruce not killing the Joker. Keeping Jason around the family weakens him as a character.
    You're thinking of pre-New52. Since then, the only thing from before that kept, was Under the Red Hood. He's been shown to have, at the very least, cordial relationships with the rest of the Bats. Here, he's worked with everyone from Damian on up to Dick and Bruce.

Most things from the New52 I don't care for. But it finally made Jason into something else than a mentally unstable psychopath.

You're thinking of pre-New52. Since then, the only thing from before that kept, was Under the Red Hood. He's been shown to have, at the very least, cordial relationships with the rest of the Bats. Here, he's worked with everyone from Damian on up to Dick and Bruce.

Most things from the New52 I don't care for. But it finally made Jason into something else than a mentally unstable psychopath.
    I like the mental stability, I just wish it didnt include Jason as a member of the nuclear family. I think he works better outside.

DC hasn't taken the time to fill in this new history so we have to fill it in with what we can. Under the Red Hood is still canon, that alone should keep the two at odds. If DC wants to have them be close then make a story out of it. Not just say it is because "we were too lazy to come up with a reason why these characters are at a place that wasn't earned."

Even if Under the Red Hood is the only thing kept it still makes sense. Besides avoiding most of a character's history and pretending it didn't happen the way it did is stupid. I personally like evil villain Jason but I'm not advocating for that right now. What I want is character development that is earned and makes sense. Keeping everything off screen and labeled as not canon or it happened just different isn't an acceptable answer.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Which episodes of BTAS would worthwhile for Dick fans? I think the Nightwingies are hanging around until Didio can justify canceling the book.
    Robin's Reckoning part 1 & 2 is my all-time favorite version of Dick's origin.

Don't forget Christmas with the Joker and If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?. Also Fear of Victory is damn good. There are more but these are probably my favorites.
    My personal favorite is Batgirl Returns.