Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dick Grayson: Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Agent of Spyral Appreciation 2019

Someone probably beat me to it but I didn't see a new one so I'm making it. Let's hope 2019 isn't as bad as 2019 for Dick and pretty much everyone else in the DCU.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Happy New Year to Dick Grayson and all his fans .

May he have a better 2019...

Folks, report spambots/copycat spammers, don't reply to or quote them.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Folks, report spambots/copycat spammers, don't reply to or quote them.
    I'm sorry to confess I don't know what spambots are. What should we be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm sorry to confess I don't know what spambots are. What should we be looking for?
    Profiles that post only messages advertising a product of some sort. Often either starting a new thread, or attempting to hi-jack established ones. Sometimes in English, but many times in other languages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Profiles that post only messages advertising a product of some sort. Often either starting a new thread, or attempting to hi-jack established ones. Sometimes in English, but many times in other languages.
    Thanks, Jackalope. I've seen those before but didn't know what they were called.

I had been okay with Mooneyham's artwork initially but it seems to be drifting away from Klaus Janson's inspiration and just makes Dick look old and ugly. Seeing this Robles artwork makes me think DC could do better for Dick, a character well known for physical attractiveness. Anyone else have thoughts on it?
    Last edited by oasis1313; 01-23-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Gotta get some great art in here, right?

DC Nightwing 2.jpg

And this is my scribble here. Not sure if it'll show the detail properly.

Nightwing McArthur.jpg
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I was beginning to wonder if everyone disappeared with the last thread.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Eh, I'm sure most of us are recovering from the new year's.

I don't drink or party anymore (back in my 20's? Different story!), and even me and my wife slept in until 1 this afternoon.

Once the hangovers and holiday vacations end, I'm sure the forums will be full of people complaining about how poorly DC has treated Nightwing again.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-01-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Who ELSE cares how we feel? Happy New Year, Ascended and all my other buds here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I don't drink or party anymore (back in my 20's? Different story!), and even me and my wife slept in until 1 this afternoon.

Once the hangovers and holiday vacations end, I'm sure the forums will be full of people complaining about how poorly DC has treated Nightwing again.
    headache here, checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Who ELSE cares how we feel? Happy New Year, Ascended and all my other buds here!
    Happy new year to you as well my friend! And to all the rest of you fine people! I find that over the last year I've been posting in the Nightwing threads more than anywhere else. It's funny, the book is in terrible shape these days but I find the conversations here to be some of the best on CBR lately.

So, I've already posted in this thread more than I needed to but here's a cute story that just happened. My daughter is 5, and her name is Robyn Haley. Tonight, instead of me reading her a bedtime story she wanted me to tell her one. Now, she loves DC Super Hero Girls and Teen Titans GO, so I asked her if she wanted to hear the origin story of the first Robin.

How I never realized that her middle name is the same as Haley's circus is beyond me (she wasn't named after anything from Batman comics I swear), but my kid picked up on that immediately. And now, twenty minutes later, she's still bouncing off the walls yelling and screaming about how she's going to be a superhero.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Glad I'm still 20 then, can drink and be up early without feeling like death. Always need to be ready to complain about DC's decisions or lack thereof.