Page 224 of 295 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4424

I dunno if Tim fans are becoming Dick fans or just being driven away by a nearing decade of being shafted. Lord knows how much of a morale hit we've taken with a year and a half.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    More Tim fans are converting to the Church of Grayson. Just saw a Best Robin poll with Dick getting 85+% vote. Tim was only in the single digits which is far from his past 10-30% range. Dick is getting more popular. Feels amazing man.

Also comics Dick is a jobber like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Juggernaut. Writers use them to show other characters are strong. Dick is abused in this trope, like Superman, because they are kind and diplomatic heroes who don't have the maturity of a manchild (looks at Batman).
    I’m a long time comic reader and prefer the Titans depiction of Dick Grayson and his personality in the show instead of the comics. He is portrayed with so much more substance in the show. The comics have him flipping around, smiling, and acting like a fool just to much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Even in the original that happened
    Girl had super power and a crush
    I don't think it matters how the original did it since the show managed to show that both Dick and Rose are uber-competent for their ages, and also made it a point to show Dick was the more mature one and had that play into his next scene with Hank. It was just a genuinely good sparring scene, and just a good sequence in general since it flowed nicely from previous scenes and flowed right into what happened after.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

More Tim fans are converting to the Church of Grayson. Just saw a Best Robin poll with Dick getting 85+% vote. Tim was only in the single digits which is far from his past 10-30% range. Dick is getting more popular. Feels amazing man.

Also comics Dick is a jobber like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Juggernaut. Writers use them to show other characters are strong. Dick is abused in this trope, like Superman, because they are kind and diplomatic heroes who don't have the maturity of a manchild (looks at Batman).
    I'm not converted cause there was nothing to convert. Tim (before N52 started) is probably my favorite character but Dick is almost equal to me. He was my first love, the one you can never forget.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing was in that ttgo vs tt movie

The one from the new 52 movies

Found over in the Power Girl appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    While we're on the topic of Nightwing and Power Girl, here's them swapping costumes.

Hilariously, Dick is the only guy who could run around in PG's costume due to him rocking the booty shorts as the Boy Wonder for years (and 'cause he's Dick Grayson in general)

And PG looks great in a domino mask.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member

I appreciate all the Love DCUNIVERS give Dick, its really been a like for me through this ric stuff

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDCUniv...22453930139648

Chang was underrated. His art rocked.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Incredible Member

N52 did me in lol. I got tired of my fav char being stuck in a creative loop. It's been the same with Dick the last 1-2 years, but Dick has actually grown(NW,Grayson,Batman).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I appreciate all the Love DCUNIVERS give Dick, its really been a like for me through this ric stuff

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDCUniv...22453930139648

Best Boy no questions.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

So true I've been seeing a lot of Tim blogs making posts about Tim being Iconic as Robin. How everything people know and love about Robin belongs to Tim. The Bo staff, The costume. It'd be funny if it wasn't so dumb and annoying.

It's irritating and not true not to mention that what fans love about Robin isn't the uniform or the weapon. such nonsense.

Dick is The Robin. Not surprised by the results.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey... where do you think they're taking Dick next year if Luke will be the only one left to fill in the suit?

Jason's not in good relation and Jean Paul's still in space... I think... or is he infected now?

When Gordon got the suit it's because Bruce didn't have time to write a will before he died and amnesiac so the government took over.

Rumor has it Didio said they're bringing Dick back because he's a part of plans for next year.

So he will either mentor the new Batman or he will be with the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Rumor has it Didio said they're bringing Dick back because he's a part of plans for next year.

So he will either mentor the new Batman or he will be with the Titans.
    Or he'll put the costume back on just so Didio can canon fodder him in the next Event.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey... where do you think they're taking Dick next year if Luke will be the only one left to fill in the suit?

Jason's not in good relation and Jean Paul's still in space... I think... or is he infected now?

When Gordon got the suit it's because Bruce didn't have time to write a will before he died and amnesiac so the government took over.
    Dick will be doing the same things he was doing before all the Ric crap I think. He will be Nightwing stuck in Bludhaven and probably running some mediocre Titans team book relaunch while working under the JL. They are just going to have Dick say he can't leave Bludhaven or the Titans and why they will have to have a new Batman or something like that.