Page 244 of 295 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Card stock variants, the chart split sales between cardstock and reg covers.
    Oh, but both sales combined are still lower than Nightwing. Number a hundred something.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, but both sales combined are still lower than Nightwing. Number a hundred something.
    No it's not, combined Batgirl is at 25k while Nightwing is 22k.

Also bare in mind before their respective direction changes Nightwing was outselling Batgirl consistently.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2019 at 05:14 PM.

No it's not, combined Batgirl is at 25k while Nightwing is 22.
    Oh, it's n.a. not a hundred something. I only saw the number on the first column and just assume it's lower because it's at the bottom of the table. Okay. That makes sense.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-18-2019 at 05:27 PM.

No it's not, combined Batgirl is at 25k while Nightwing is 22k.

Also bare in mind before their respective direction changes Nightwing was outselling Batgirl consistently.
    Before everything went to hell Nightwing was a consistent seller that beat out most non-JLA related books, including most/all of the ancillary Bat titles.

Remember, like, a year ago people were saying "Stop buying Nightwing! They won't change and fix this Ric stuff if the sales stay solid!"

If the sales are finally tanking, good! That'll force either a story-fix, or a cancellation. And Nightwing is too big a character to stay gone for long so a relaunch wouldn't be long in the making.

Even if Dick did end up in limbo for a while (Didio would be thrilled), it'd be better than this BS they've tried to hand us. But there's no way Dick/Nightwing would stay gone for too long.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing has enough brand recognition and ties that sales were never gonna quickly tank through its floor. Stop buying Nighwing for your own sanity, but it's not gonna change a damn thing. They'd let Jurgan's spin his wheels with the title even if it was in the teens. Which by January it probably will be.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Nightwing has enough brand recognition and ties that sales were never gonna quickly tank through its floor. Stop buying Nighwing for your own sanity, but it's not gonna change a damn thing. They'd let Jurgan's spin his wheels with the title even if it was in the teens. Which by January it probably will be.
    I went on twitter's comic side and found a Nightwing fan account that promotes everything Nightwing including urging to pick up the current/next issue and watch Titans so they can discuss everything.

This is the kinda people you're talking about isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I went on twitter's comic side and found a Nightwing fan account that promotes everything Nightwing including urging to pick up the current/next issue and watch Titans so they can discuss everything.

This is the kinda people you're talking about isn't it
    There are people here who still buy it.

Titans was better this week, but that Bruce fadeaway was hilarious.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 10-18-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

Hello,
    whats Dick current situation?
    Is he back as Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    whats Dick current situation?
    Is he back as Nightwing?
    No, still Ric into January.

No, still Ric into January.
    At least there's a glimmer of hope.

Oh I dropped Nightwing a long time ago. The last issues I bought were Percy's Motorcycle Death Race issues (I have flipped through the newer stuff at the store, but haven't bought them). Which I thought were fantastic (shame the rest of the run wasn't up to that level). It really sucks not getting my Nightwing fix, but it's not like I'd be scratching that itch with the current book anyway; better to save my money and tell DC with my wallet that I won't support sh*t books, even if I love the title character.

And no, the sales weren't gonna crash instantly. Dick's too big a IP for that to happen. But we fans put up with crap far longer than we should, and the longer we keep buying the more we're telling DC that we'll accept sub par quality just because we like the character. I'm actually glad the sales are finally falling. The sooner the book stops turning a profit the sooner DC will have to fix it. And Dick's safe from going into limbo for a prolonged period of time; the fact that he still sells this well even after more than a year of Ric bullsh*t shows how consistent and viable his sales are, and DC ultimately doesn't want to lose out on that money. Didio's personal grudge be damned, eventually business sense will win the day and Nightwing will be back in proper form. But the longer we support Ric, the longer that'll take.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Seeing Tim featured in Superman: Heroes issue that is being released in Jan 2020 makes me think that they are letting Dick be Ric so that Tim can get some prime Tim as the grown up Prodigal Robin now out of the Bat’s shadow.

Not that I mind, but I wish they could find a way for both to be at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Seeing Tim featured in Superman: Heroes issue that is being released in Jan 2020 makes me think that they are letting Dick be Ric so that Tim can get some prime Tim as the grown up Prodigal Robin now out of the Bat’s shadow.

Not that I mind, but I wish they could find a way for both to be at their best.
    A Tim Stan that's still hopeful. I like that.

Speaking seriously I don't think Tim has anything to do with Ric. If DC believes that the only way Tim's character can grab attention is by removing all competitors then it's best they ditch him. What good is a character that can't stand along with others?

Being on a cover with a bunch of people means nothing

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Is that supposed to be Tim? Since he’s wearing the Robin suit I just assumed it was supposed to be Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Is that supposed to be Tim? Since he’s wearing the Robin suit I just assumed it was supposed to be Damian.
    That is Damian. Tim is right at the back. The one dressed like a UPS guy holding a stick.