Page 264 of 295 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4424

It always starts with some fancast or fanart on Reddit or something followed by comic "news" sites spamming articles about "Watch X celebrity SUIT UP as Y." And then it just echoes around.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Yeah, not buying it.

I mean, *maybe* there's a Robin (doubt we get a Nightwing, Patterson isn't old enough is he?) in the new movie, I haven't heard there isn't. But I'm not buying some random rumor when no one connected to the film (far as I know) has said anything about Dick Grayson.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last edited by Drako; 11-21-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

OMG its beautiful!!!!! this is it

This is where things are gonna start looking up for Dick Grayson

That is awesome. Couldn't be much better.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

That's pretty much how I was hoping a live-action Nightwing suit would look .

Maybe make the chest logo a little bigger, but still .

Yeah, they nailed it. I'm surprised it looks this good, honestly. I don't watch the show but from what I've seen (and I do see clips and photos and stuff) this is on a whole different level. Like, the Titans suits are usually a step or two up from what we see on the CW or Marvel's ABC shows, but I feel like this Nightwing suit wouldn't look out of place in a film.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Looks good, I think? it's kinda hard to screw up a black suit, blue stripe and a domino mask. Just don't put nipples on it.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

That's sweet

All-New Member

Is rebirth and titons a good place to start with nightwing

Rebirth Nightwing up to issue #34, yes. You can go up to #49 if you want, but #34 it falls into creator musical chairs and random throwaway arcs that go nowhere. They’re not all terrible, but not particularly good either. Unfortunately the editorial is really bad on this book, and once they lost the first creative team they were just seemingly incapable of putting anything really together. It’s pretty frustrating to be honest.
    Do not go beyond #49 though! Book goes to complete ****. Like its embarrassing DC actually puts it on the selves bad.

With Rebith Titans if you going into it for Nightwing then best just avoid it. It not very good, and when it comes to Nightwing it’s one of the worse representations of Nightwing in all honesty. It purposely set out to undermine and mock the character on a conceptual level, with no redemption. Its everything Nightwing shouldn’t be, by a mediocre writer who quite frankly had no clue what he should be doing with the title or team. By the end of it the team and every character involved were just worse.

Somthing else worth mentioning, Nightwing the New Order is a mini that came out around Rebith. It’s wasn’t terrible.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazdadude View Post
    Is rebirth and titons a good place to start with nightwing
    Titans Rebirth isn’t worth reading. The first arc of Nightwing: Rebirth is really good, not as much after. Some did, so it may be worth sticking along until Seeley left around issue 30 or 40. After that it goes of the rails with constant creative team shifts and no real direction until we got to the crappy situation we’re in currently.

If you want some solid intro Nightwing or Titans stories, I’d suggest also Nightwing: Year One or the 1980’s New Teen Titans series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never been so happy and so bummed out with a trailer before.
    Especially with all the clues in there.

spoilers:
    Donna is the one who die, you can see her lasso next to the casket.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Rebirth Nightwing up to issue #34, yes. You can go up to #49 if you want, but #34 it falls into creator musical chairs and random throwaway arcs that go nowhere. They’re not all terrible, but not particularly good either. Unfortunately the editorial is really bad on this book, and once they lost the first creative team they were just seemingly incapable of putting anything really together. It’s pretty frustrating to be honest.
    Do not go beyond #49 though! Book goes to complete ****. Like its embarrassing DC actually puts it on the selves bad.

With Rebith Titans if you going into it for Nightwing then best just avoid it. It not very good, and when it comes to Nightwing it’s one of the worse representations of Nightwing in all honesty. It purposely set out to undermine and mock the character on a conceptual level, with no redemption. Its everything Nightwing shouldn’t be, by a mediocre writer who quite frankly had no clue what he should be doing with the title or team. By the end of it the team and every character involved were just worse.

Somthing else worth mentioning, Nightwing the New Order is a mini that came out around Rebith. It’s wasn’t terrible.
    This is not completly true or fair

If you wanna see Dick in a fun team book, bonding with his closet friends, the kids he grew up with into his own identity away from batman then you will enjoy it. It does get weak when the JL enters, they pretty much ruin the book. But i would say give a chance with your own eyes.