Page 180 of 295 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Apparently, Nightwing has a pretty good showing in the animated Hush. He's in there a lot, and there's no jobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The characters would just be a reminder of Ric. They need to move away from everything about Ric. Its all tainted.
    Well, I agree that the concepts *could* be salvaged. I'm not a fan of throwing stuff out of a mythos and prefer seeing bad things re-worked into positive elements. Even someone as terrible as Kite-Man can become viable and interesting with the right spin. And many of us here talk about wanting to see Dick get a sidekick.....well, here's four characters who, with some work, might become viable legacies. Not sidekick material perhaps, but legacies.

However, I also agree that right now, it's probably best to move on and forget everything about Ric for a while. Get Dick Grayson back on his feet, back in costume, back into good stories. Then, after the dust has settled and we've put some distance between us and Ric......I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea of re-visiting the copycats, using the time away from them as an excuse to justify whatever adjustments and changes need to be made to make them worthwhile additions to Dick's world.

I wont be losing any sleep if they are never seen again (which they likely wont be) but I think they *could* be used to good effect.....eventually. But the scars from Ric have to heal before readers are willing to even look at them without spitting at them, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Its not even like they are particularly unique or fleshed out characters. They could make new characters, ones that Dick didn't become a sidekick too and don't carry the taint of Ric, if they wanted to revisit the copycat concept. Though We Are Robin barely made it 12 issues. It was brain dead stupid they thought they could regurgitate that this soon onto Nightwing in the first place, and if it wasn't due to the obvious sheer conceptual laziness of the books editors and the upper management on the character i would never understand how anyone at DC allowed that to fly. When something clearly gets no response, you don't keep doing it over and over. Plus quite frankly Dick has enough copycats as it is.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-20-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its not even like they are particularly unique or fleshed out characters. They could make new characters, ones that Dick didn't become a sidekick too and don't carry the taint of Ric, if they wanted to revisit the copycat concept. Though We Are Robin barely made it 12 issues. It was brain dead stupid they thought they could regurgitate that this soon onto Nightwing in the first place, and if it wasn't due to the obvious sheer conceptual laziness of the books editors and the upper management on the character i would never understand how anyone at DC allowed that to fly. When something clearly gets no response, you don't keep doing it over and over. Plus quite frankly Dick has enough copycats as it is.
    No, they don't seem to be all that interesting or well crafted (not reading the book so all I have are previews and random scans to judge by). But all it takes is a good writer and that can change. DC could definitely introduce new faces if they want to (someday) revisit the copycat idea, and I doubt anyone would really argue about not seeing the current ones again (I certainly wouldnt, nor do I really need to see copycats at all). I'm just saying something good *could* come of them. And in three/five/seven years (or whenever) Ric is going to be a distant memory so I dont think the taint will matter much. It matters today, but a few years from now? Not as much.

The current copycats are awful, but at least they've got a foundation a good writer could build from and improve on, which is a small benefit over using brand new characters. That's all I'm saying.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Apparently, Nightwing has a pretty good showing in the animated Hush. He's in there a lot, and there's no jobbing.
    Apparently someone on Reddit said otherwise.

Hush is right up there with the Killing Joke adaptation in terms of disappointment. The animation is very sketchy compared to recent DCEAU entries. They kept Nightwing in the story, but the most action he got was (SPOILERS) getting his butt kicked by Scarecrow and needing Catwoman to save him.

I won't spoil the plot, but the twist at the end really ruined a lot imo. What do you guys think?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nightwing/c...unity_to_tell/

Now this is Dick Grayson. Sas Milledge is a good fit imo.
    peak Grayson.jpg

Anyways, I'm not sure what to think about Hush since we've gotten conflicting reports in this thread...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Apparently someone on Reddit said otherwise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nightwing/c...unity_to_tell/
    It was a pretty good movie. If you weren’t ready for the deviations then you’re not paying attention to the films

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It was a pretty good movie. If you weren’t ready for the deviations then you’re not paying attention to the films
    You are right it was a good movie. Nightwing was very good until that one scene, and the scarecrow was using fear toxin. The movie was more of a Batman/Catwoman love story, than a movie about Hush.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    You are right it was a good movie. Nightwing was very good until that one scene, and the scarecrow was using fear toxin. The movie was more of a Batman/Catwoman love story, than a movie about Hush.
    I was trying not spoil others but whatever,
    Nightwing is not part of the final act so the movie improvised to remove him
    Bruce and Selina relationship was alway a big piece of Hush

To be honest I always felt most of these movie would be better of made into 8-10 20 min episodes to follow the storlines closer
    but i can understand that you have to deviate when your film forces you to condense everything into 120 mins Even Under the red hoods did not keep everything

where is this from

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was trying not spoil others but whatever,
    Nightwing is not part of the final act so the movie improvised to remove him
    Bruce and Selina relationship was alway a big piece of Hush

To be honest I always felt most of these movie would be better of made into 8-10 20 min episodes to follow the storlines closer
    but i can understand that you have to deviate when your film forces you to condense everything into 120 mins Even Under the red hoods did not keep everything

where is this from
    Superman American Alien

Extraordinary Member

Thease look nice

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Superman American Alien
    Always loved this issue, Dick was perfect

Extraordinary Member

some concept art

Mighty Member

Thease look nice
    That does in fact look nice. I love it. Multiple weapons. Ninja hair. Wolf mask looks amazing. Ofcourse, I need to see the statue first. Nightwing merch is top notch.

Mighty Member

some concept art
    Best Robin costume. Looks badass and practical. They should make this his costume in the comics. They already gave Tim's staff to Dick. Why not go all in the costume too? It's basically iconic due to being used by Dick in outside media.