Page 183 of 295 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 4424

I still say it doesn't matter. It won't get any better even if this shit is resolved because there is no direction or anyone at DC that has any confidence in the character. It will just be the same shit as always. More uninspired stories.

The only thing I want to see is Talon kill all the worthless supporting characters just to erase them from the DCU. The Nightwings, Bea, cab driver, and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope this Court of Owls/Talon storyline is the impetus for finally resolving all of this.
    The Court idea is a legitimately decent one but I'm still not sold that it will be executed well. I will be picking this up I think.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Please become a Talon. Can't believe I'm saying this but..... that would be a step in the right direction
    I agree. This is both interesting and the path for the Bat Family to step in. It’s also a plot point that DC was afraid to really explore. Under the circumstances it is the perfect time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    What we do know about the Year of the Villain is that there's supposed to be a "Takeover" in November with special covers, so by then we should either have William Cobb hijacking the book, or Ric as a Talon. Who knows what they have planned after that.
    Lol, I was technically right on both count because of the covers.

I've long posited Dick's memories return when he gets hit with enough Prometheum, maybe we'd see that if he really does become a Talon. Talon, Nightwing, whatever we get it won't fix the larger problem but I'd gladly take Talon over Ric lol.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The Court idea is a legitimately decent one but I'm still not sold that it will be executed well. I will be picking this up I think.
    Oh, the execution is probably going to be awful but I agree the idea itself isn't the worst thing ever and it's something we haven't really seen explored.

I dunno if I'll actually pick up the issue but I'm considering it, which is more than I've done in a year.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    But why? Why drag this rubbish out? What is the point of Ric story arc? It's not interesting, it's not interesting or controversial, it add's nothing of value to any character, DC, any IP, any creator. What is the point?

Even if they are planning on a big universe fix, what is the point of carrying on this shit? They can fix it without dragging Dick Grayson through the muck.
    lol **** if I know.

All I figured out from DC the past few years is that they don't care about their property beyond their top-selling books and writers, that's how they can just make "lesser" book and writers to follow their main. They care enough to promote at an event or new number 1 at the beginning, but after that, they just leave it alone, back to focus on their star characters and writers.

As for dragging things out, that just what both DC and Marvel do, before an anniversary or commemoration, they make the character suffer or go through controversial version for about a year before they can make a great revival. They did this to Spider-Man with Superior, Batman with Eternal, Superman with Doomed, Dick with Grayson (it just turns out better than expected but they didn't expect anything), Batman again with Bane, and by now they're just gonna do the same with Dick, Wally, and possibly Roy.

Relying on controversy to boost sale, probably. Get people to talk about it. That's the only logic I can give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    ACETATE COVER — ADVANCE SOLICITATION ON SALE IN NOVEMBER
    NIGHTWING #66
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    acetate cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    card stock variant cover by WARREN LOUW
    William Cobb has taken the Nightwings down one by one, leaving Ric on his own in a Blüdhaven that is literally aflame. Cobb offers Ric a chance to save his city by at last fulfilling his legacy as the Gray Son and becoming the new Talon and leading the Court of Owls into a new age.
    ON SALE 11.20.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    card stock variant cover $4.99
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Please note the acetate covers will be available on first printings only.

Attachment 84941Attachment 84942Attachment 84943
    Oh hey. #66 The Number of The Beast-lite

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Like @Ascended said. They are killing Dick Grayson without killing him . This is worse than if they killed him off. They are killing interest in this character. I'm at a point where I'm tapped out. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to be angry.
    And that's far more dangerous than just killing him. Hell, killing a character usually increases interest in them. This? This could hamper Dick's sales for a while.

However, I'm not terribly worried about it doing real, lasting damage. We've got quality stuff in larger media, kid-focused OGN's, and Dick's a DC mainstay; the original and most iconic Robin, a Titans staple, (usually) one of DC's most consistent sellers with a crazy high sales floor.....Didio might kick him down, but Dick Grayson won't stay down forever. Whatever Didio tries to accomplish, Dick will outlast him, and eventually recover from the damage.

Hell, the lack of DC stuff from SDCC and Didio's comments about not understanding the industry anymore.....that day might be a little closer than anyone suspects, who knows?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It’d be Ric as a Talon, not Dick. And under Jurgans I have no doubt it’d be as formulaic and as boring as every thing else he has done so far on the title. But I still think this will be The Nightwings and their sidekick Ric the Cabbie’s culminating victory.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-22-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’d be Ric as a Talon, not Dick. And under Jurgans I have no doubt it’d be as formulaic and as boring as every thing else he has done so far on the title. But I still think this will be The Nightwings and their sidekick Ric the Cabbie’s culminating victory.
    Nah. Cobb will pile them up on a giant skewer.

There's a ROBIN: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC so that will be my pick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If you get rid of the nightwings, kill bea and his memories return ric will be no more
    so it depends on how it all proceeds

anyway it looks like we have some fuel, hopefully next issue they turn on the ignition and we can get rolling
    ric was always a temporary project like Grayson to keep what is a competent second batman out of Gotham during a major event

Didio is complaining that people would rather read old stuff yet forces this Ric bullshit on us despite it being clear everyone hates it. Amazing. I’m not a traditional Didio hater, there’s been quite a lot of stuff the man has done that I’ve liked, but this has got to have been the dumbest **** ever. I can’t believe this was approved and that they STILL haven’t undone it yet.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-23-2019 at 06:15 AM.

god october and november too

all I want for Christmas this year is Dick

The only silver lining is that when Ric inevitably lasts for more issues then Grayson, no one can blame fans anymore for Grayson ending.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-22-2019 at 07:53 PM.