Page 2 of 295 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't know, trying to make the Discowing suit look more modern kind of loses what makes it so memorable. It stands out because its so 70's, and thats what make it memorable. Same thing with his original Robin costume. They're such testaments to their era. So when they try to modernize them they lose that.
    I agree with you 100%. I'm not advocating for them to replace what came before but to be more suits in the cave so to speak. I always advocate for the classic suits, but I see nothing wrong with adding more variety to certain styles of suits. I want to see Dick wear the Discowing or Pixie boots in flashbacks as THEE suit of the time. I would also like to see variety as well, maybe a reinforced suit or a different design for a specific story or the like.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I actually forgot which Dick Grayson I saw first. The Golden Age comic or the Batman 66 tv series. I was still in kindergarten at the time. I drew Superman, Batman, and Robin at the time which seems to suggest that the comic came first.

I do remember this is the very first page I read.

DjuvccKXgAAEuc8.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I always like looking at Discowing inspired designs. I actually really liked the one that was used in the RHatO flashbacks for Dick.

These middle-aged doofusses think these costumes will fit them? These cops are having delusions.

Dick really needs to keep better track of his clothes. Especially with Lobdell around, LoL. Between Jason and now these “Nightwings”, he seems to like putting characters in Dick’s clothes.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-02-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Hey did we ever talk about how Dick and Harley got married in OLH?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hey did we ever talk about how Dick and Harley got married in OLH?
    When was this?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

I heard from a guy reading Batman Beyond that Ric was mentioned and that Dick doesn't want another Robin to exist. How do you feel about Dick seeing Robin as a curse? Damian is an exception as always. He was already living in Hell. Do you think Tim and Jason were wrong to become Robin? Jason was crowbared. Tim was traumatized. There is really a good case against Robin (being a bad thing) as seen in Titans tv. Anyway, Ric is temporary and Dick gets a wife and daughter, so we all good.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    When was this?
    Sometime before Harley became an old lady . Don’t think they have given specifics, but he was apparently her husband.

Mighty Member

Dick respects the marriage of others no matter what. What a guy!

Mighty Member

Hack or Diley. Hack or Delay!? It's easy to remember Mr. Richard Grayson and Mrs. Harleen Grayson.

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-har...married-comic/

Mighty Member

DC Women do love our Dick. Uh, phrasing

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I lost count on how many alternate futures we have. I'm pretty sure Old Lady Harley isn't canon but did anyone confirm which one is the destined future? In New 52 it was Batman Beyond, but what about Rebirth? Is it Troia? Evil-Timtopia? The previous Justice League Descendants? King's Batmarriage? The current time-displaced future League?

Which one has Dick as Bludhaven mayor and has a daughter, again? Batman Beyond?

Extraordinary Member

are we gonna refresh the thread every year now? Also I wonder if Appreciation is eve the best word to use the last 7 months has been mostly complaing and disgust

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    are we gonna refresh the thread every year now? Also I wonder if Appreciation is eve the best word to use the last 7 months has been mostly complaing and disgust
    The thread is simply a general discussion about the awesome and inspiring Dick Grayson. Complaining and disgust have their place, and keeps the thread from becoming an echo chamber. Hate is great short term fuel for a fandom as long as there is Hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We appreciate Dick Grayson--just not his CURRENT treatment at DC's hands.